On Sunday, September 11, 2022, the Minnesota Vikings (0-0) host an NFC North clash against the Green Bay Packers (0-0) at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Packers vs. Vikings Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with bookmakers listing the Packers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Packers have -115 odds to pick up the win, while the Vikings are listed at -105 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 46.5 points.
How to Watch Packers vs. Vikings Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
- The Packers put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game (26.5) as the Vikings allowed (25.1) last year.
- When Green Bay scored more than 25.1 points last season, it went 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- The Packers’ offense averaged 365.6 yards per game last season, within 18.0 yards of the 383.6 the Vikings’ defense allowed. The Packers picked up 5.8 yards per play and the Vikings gave up 5.7.
- Green Bay was 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when the team churned out over 383.6 yards last year.
- The Packers averaged 111.8 yards on the ground last season, 18.9 yards fewer than the Vikings allowed to opposing rushing attacks (130.7).
- Green Bay had a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 130.7 yards last year.
- The Vikings averaged 3.2 more points last season (25.0) than the Packers conceded (21.8).
- When Minnesota put up more than 21.8 points last year, it was 8-4 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- The Vikings’ offense averaged 362.8 yards per game last year, 34.6 more than the 328.2 the Packers’ defense surrendered. The Vikings earned 5.7 yards per play, while the Packers allowed 5.4.
- Minnesota was 7-4 against the spread and 7-4 overall when the team amassed over 328.2 yards last season.
- The Packers’ defense allowed an average of 109.1 yards to opposing running games last season. That is about the same as the rushing output per contest for the Vikings (113.5).
- When Minnesota ran for over 109.1 yards last year it had a 6-1 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record.
Packers vs. Vikings Injury Report
Packers: No Injuries Listed
Vikings: No Injuries Listed
Packers vs. Vikings Betting Analysis
Packers Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Packers were 12-5-0 last season.
- The Packers went 8-5 as 1-point favorites or greater last year.
- Green Bay went 10-3 in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
- Green Bay went 10-3 last year (winning 76.9% of its games) when it played as a moneyline favorite of -115 or shorter.
- Last season, eight of the Packers’ 17 games hit the over.
Vikings Betting Insights
- The Vikings had nine wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- As 1-point underdogs or greater, the Vikings went 5-3 against the spread last season.
- Last season, Minnesota was the underdog nine times and won three of those games.
- Minnesota entered eight games last season as the underdog by -105 or more and were 3-5 in those contests.
- Out of the 17 Vikings’ games last season, 11 hit the over.
Packers vs. Vikings Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.1||46.4||47.8|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||26.9||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-3||7-0||3-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-1||1-0||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||48.6||48.9||48.2|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||26.0||26.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||3-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||2-2||1-4|
Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers averaged 7.7 passing yards per attempt (seventh in the NFL) and 257.2 yards per game last year, completing 68.9% of his passes on the way to 4,115 total yards (10th in the NFL), 37 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and four interceptions in 16 games.
- Rodgers also rushed for three touchdowns and 101 yards.
- Aaron Jones averaged 53.3 rushing yards per game through 15 games (799 total yards), while scoring four rushing touchdowns.
- Jones also picked up 391 receiving yards (26.1 per game) on 52 catches (3.5 per game). He was targeted 65 times and caught six touchdown passes.
- A.J. Dillon rushed for five touchdowns last year and totaled 803 rushing yards (47.2 per game and 4.3 per carry).
- Dillon helped in the passing game, putting up 313 receiving yards (18.4 per game) on 34 catches (2.0 per game), while being targeted 37 times. He had two receiving touchdowns.
- Allen Lazard was targeted 60 times, resulting in 40 catches for 513 yards .
- De’Vondre Campbell put up 2.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL, 145 tackles, and two interceptions over 16 games in 2021.
- Rashan Gary had 9.5 sacks in addition to his 8.0 TFL and 46 tackles in 16 games.
- During the 2021 campaign, Rasul Douglas had 57 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five interceptions over 12 games.
- Adrian Amos totaled 93 tackles and two interceptions.
- In 16 games last year, Kirk Cousins threw for 4,221 yards (263.8 yards per game) while recording 33 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 66.3% completion percentage.
- In addition to the numbers he put up through the air, Cousins chipped in 115 rushing yards and one touchdown.
- On 167 targets, Justin Jefferson had 108 grabs (6.4 per game) for 1,616 yards and 10 TDs in 17 games.
- Dalvin Cook rushed for 1,159 yards (89.2 yards per game) and six TDs.
- Cook put up 224 yards and zero touchdowns on 34 grabs in the receiving game.
- Adam Thielen received 95 targets last season and turned them into 67 receptions (5.2 per game) for 726 yards and 10 TDs.
- Eric Kendricks helped lead the defense with 143 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two interceptions in 15 games.
- With 117 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and five passes defended in 17 games, Jordan Hicks was a big player on the Cardinals’ defense last year.
- In 15 games, Harrison Smith totaled 114 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception.
- D.J. Wonnum was a key player on D last season, with 47 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 8.0 sacks, and four passes defended.
Packers vs. Vikings Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Packers, and we project that Packers will cover the spread (Packers -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 46.5 points.
How to Bet on Packers vs. Vikings
You can bet on Packers vs. Vikings at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Packers vs. Vikings picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.