U.S. Bank Stadium is where the New York Giants (8-5-1) will do battle with the Minnesota Vikings (11-3) on Saturday, December 24, 2022.
Vikings vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Vikings as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Vikings have -210 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +180 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48 points.
How to Watch Vikings vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
With 399.2 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks worst in the NFL, the Vikings have had to lean on their 13th-ranked offense (354.6 yards per contest) to keep them in games. With 24.9 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Vikings have been forced to rely on their eighth-ranked offense (25.1 points per contest) to keep them in games.
The Vikings own the seventh-ranked passing offense this season (259.2 passing yards per game), and they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking second-worst with 278.8 passing yards allowed per game. The Vikings have been a bottom-five run offense this year, ranking fifth-worst with 95.4 rushing yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 17th in the NFL (120.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Vikings are putting up a 40.0% third-down conversion rate on offense (16th in the NFL), and they rank 13th defensively with a 38.3% third-down percentage allowed. In addition to 5.9 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL, the Vikings have put up the 15th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.4). The Vikings have the sixth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +4, forcing 21 turnovers (eighth in NFL) while turning it over 17 times (13th in NFL).
From an offensive angle, the Giants are accumulating 325.2 total yards per contest (22nd-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (367.3 total yards given up per game). From an offensive perspective, the Giants are compiling 20.5 points per game (20th-ranked). They rank 14th in the NFL on defense (22.3 points surrendered per game).
The Giants’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 179.0 passing yards per game. They have been more effective on defense, giving up 216.9 passing yards per contest (16th-ranked). The Giants have been struggling to stop the run, ranking third-worst with 150.4 rushing yards allowed per game. They have been more productive on the other side of the ball, compiling 146.2 rushing yards per contest (sixth-ranked).
The Giants’ third-down defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with a 34.9% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, they are posting a 37.2% third-down rate, which ranks 23rd. With 5.1 yards per play on offense, the Giants rank 23rd in the NFL. On defense they rank 26th, surrendering 5.8 yards per play. The Giants sport a +4 turnover margin this season, which ranks sixth in the NFL.
Vikings vs. Giants Injury Report
|Eric Kendricks||LB||Lower leg||Questionable|
Vikings vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Vikings Betting Insights
The Vikings are 6-8-0 against the spread this season. The Vikings have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites (0-2).
Games involving the Vikings have hit the over nine times this season. The Vikings went 5-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games).
The Vikings finished 2-2 last year (winning 50% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -210 or shorter.
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have covered the spread 10 times this year (10-4-0). The Giants have an ATS record of 4-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
This season, five Giants games have gone over the point total. The Giants have won six of the 10 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Giants have entered five games this season as the underdog by +180 or more and are 3-2 in those contests.
Vikings vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.4||46.4||46.3|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.1||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-0||7-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||0-1||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||42.7||42.1||43.4|
|Implied Total AVG||23.6||22.8||24.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-3-1||2-1-1||4-2|
Players to Watch
- Kirk Cousins ranks sixth in the NFL with 3,818 passing yards in 14 games this year, averaging 272.7 per game with a 65.3% completion percentage and 24 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) against 11 interceptions.
- He has added 58 rushing yards (4.1 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Justin Jefferson‘s 1,623 receiving yards this season (first in the NFL) have come from 158 targets and 111 receptions (first in the NFL). He’s averaging 115.9 receiving yards and 7.9 catches per game, with seven receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- Dalvin Cook has 1,045 rushing yards (sixth in the NFL) with eight touchdowns (74.6 yards per game through 14 games).
- Cook has recorded 33 receptions, 265 yards and two TDs in the passing game.
- Adam Thielen has 686 receiving yards and five touchdowns with 66 catches on 95 targets. He’s averaging 4.7 receptions and 49.0 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Jordan Hicks has 3.0 sacks (fourth on the Vikings) to go with 2.0 TFL, 113 tackles, and one interception in 2022.
- Danielle Hunter has 55 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 9.5 sacks so far this season. He’s fifth on the Vikings in tackles.
- This season, Za’Darius Smith has put up 9.0 sacks (second on the Vikings) to go with his 13.0 TFL and 40 tackles.
- Harrison Smith has 1.0 TFL, 77 tackles, and five interceptions on the year.
- Daniel Jones has thrown for 2,694 yards this year, with 12 touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 66.0% of his passes while averaging 192.4 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt.
- Jones has also rushed for five touchdowns and 583 yards (second on the Giants).
- Saquon Barkley has scored nine rushing touchdowns, while totaling 1,170 rushing yards (4.3 per attempt and 83.6 per game).
- Barkley has added 47 receptions (3.4 per game) for 294 yards (21.0 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 62 times in the passing game.
- Darius Slayton has put up 631 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 40 receptions, while being targeted 62 times on the season.
- Richie James Jr. has been targeted 52 times, resulting in 42 catches for 403 yards .
- In 2022, Julian Love has put up 1.0 sack to go with 6.0 TFL, 104 tackles, and two interceptions through 14 games.
- Dexter Lawrence has 57 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks. He is third on the Giants in tackles.
- Jihad Ward has 3.0 sacks (third on the Giants) as well as 7.0 TFL and 35 tackles in the 2022 season.
- Jaylon Smith has 2.0 TFL and 71 tackles over 11 games.
Vikings vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Vikings, and we expect that Vikings will cover the spread (Vikings -4.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48 points.
How to Bet on Vikings vs. Giants
You can bet on Vikings vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Vikings vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.