In the NFC Wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs, the New York Giants (9-7-1) and Minnesota Vikings (13-4) square off on Sunday, January 15, 2023 at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Vikings vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with bookmakers listing the Vikings as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Vikings have -150 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +130 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48 points.
How to Watch Vikings vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 15, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
With 388.7 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks second-worst in the NFL, the Vikings have been forced to lean on their seventh-ranked offense (361.5 yards per contest) to keep them in games. The Vikings own the eighth-ranked scoring offense this season (24.9 points per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fifth-worst with 25.1 points allowed per game.
With 265.6 passing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks second-worst in the NFL, the Vikings have had to lean on their sixth-ranked passing offense (263.8 passing yards per contest) to keep them competitive. The Vikings are averaging 97.7 rushing yards per game on offense (27th in the NFL), and they rank 20th on defense with 123.1 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Vikings are averaging a 41.2% third-down conversion rate on offense (12th in the NFL), and they rank 11th defensively with a 38.1% third-down conversion rate allowed. In addition to 5.9 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL, the Vikings have put up the 11th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.5). The Vikings have the 12th-ranked turnover margin in the league at +2, forcing 25 turnovers (eighth in NFL) while turning it over 23 times (17th in NFL).
From an offensive standpoint, the Giants are accumulating 333.9 total yards per contest (18th-ranked). They rank 25th in the NFL on defense (358.2 total yards allowed per game). With 21.5 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Giants rank 15th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 17th, giving up 21.8 points per contest.
From an offensive standpoint, the Giants are posting 185.7 passing yards per contest (26th-ranked). They rank 14th in the NFL on defense (214.0 passing yards surrendered per game). The Giants’ rushing attack has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 148.2 rushing yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are giving up 144.2 rushing yards per game, which ranks 27th.
The Giants’ defense has been keeping opposing offenses in check on third down, allowing a 35.1% third-down conversion percentage (fifth-best). On offense, they rank 22nd in the NFL with a 36.8% third-down rate. In terms of yards per play, the Giants rank 22nd in the NFL (5.2) and 24th defensively (5.6 yards allowed per play). With 19 forced turnovers (25th in NFL) and 16 turnovers committed (second in NFL) this season, the Giants rank 11th in the NFL with a turnover margin of +3.
Vikings vs. Giants Injury Report
Vikings vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Vikings Betting Insights
The Vikings are 7-10-0 against the spread this season. In games this season when favored by 3 points or more, the Vikings have gone 4-6 against the spread.
Vikings games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times this season. The Vikings were favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They finished 5-3 in those games.
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -150 or shorter, the Vikings had a record of 4-3 (57.1%).
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants are 13-4-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Giants have an ATS record of 8-2.
This season, seven Giants games have gone over the point total. The Giants have entered the game as underdogs 12 times this season and won six, or 50%, of those games.
The Giants have entered 10 games this season as the underdog by +130 or more and are 5-5 in those contests.
Vikings vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.3||46.6||46.0|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.2||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||12-0||8-0||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-1||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||42.8||41.7||43.9|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||22.7||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||3-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-5-1||2-1-1||4-4|
Players to Watch
- Kirk Cousins has 4,547 passing yards (fourth in the NFL), 29 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and 14 interceptions this year. He has completed 65.9% of his attempts, averaging 267.5 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- To go along with his passing stats, Cousins also has 97 rushing yards (third on the Vikings), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Justin Jefferson‘s 1,809 receiving yards this season (first in the NFL) have come from 184 targets and 128 receptions (first in the NFL). He’s averaging 106.4 receiving yards and 7.5 catches per game, with eight receiving touchdowns.
- Dalvin Cook‘s output on the ground this season includes 1,173 yards (sixth in the NFL) and eight TDs. He is averaging 69.0 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (25th in the NFL).
- Cook has totaled 39 receptions on 56 targets for 295 yards, with two receiving TDs.
- T.J. Hockenson has racked up 914 receiving yards and six touchdowns with 86 catches on 129 targets. He’s averaging 5.1 receptions and 53.8 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Eric Kendricks has 139 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in 2022. His tackle total leads the Vikings.
- Jordan Hicks has 3.0 sacks (fifth on the Vikings) in addition to his 2.0 TFL, 129 tackles, and one interception.
- Danielle Hunter has put up 65 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 11.5 sacks this year. He’s fifth on the Vikings in tackles.
- Za’Darius Smith has 43 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 9.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
- In 16 games played this year, Daniel Jones has racked up 3,205 passing yards, while throwing 15 touchdowns against five interceptions and completing 67.2% of his passes.
- Jones has also rushed for seven touchdowns and 708 yards (second on the Giants).
- Saquon Barkley averages 82.0 rushing yards per game over 16 games (1,312 total yards to rank fourth in the NFL), while scoring 10 rushing touchdowns.
- Barkley has also collected 338 receiving yards (21.1 per game) on 57 catches (3.6 per game). He’s been targeted 76 times and is still looking for his first receiving touchdown.
- Darius Slayton has totaled 724 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 46 receptions, while being targeted 71 times this season.
- Richie James Jr. has 569 receiving yards and four touchdowns from 57 receptions after getting 71 targets.
- Julian Love has intercepted two passes and also has 114 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and five passes defended in 2022.
- Dexter Lawrence has totaled 7.5 sacks in addition to his 7.0 TFL and 68 tackles through 16 games.
- In the 2022 campaign, Kayvon Thibodeaux has 48 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks in 14 games.
- Jaylon Smith has 89 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
Vikings vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Vikings, and we predict that Vikings will cover the spread (Vikings -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48 points.
How to Bet on Vikings vs. Giants
You can bet on Vikings vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Vikings vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.