The Tennessee Titans (7-5) host a fellow AFC South opponent on Sunday, December 11, 2022, when they go head to head with the Jacksonville Jaguars (4-8) at Nissan Stadium.
Titans vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Titans as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Titans have -180 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +155 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Titans vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
While the Titans rank 22nd in total defense with 359.8 yards allowed per game, they’ve been a little worse on offense, ranking fourth-worst (291.3 yards per game). The Titans are totaling 18.3 points per game on offense, which ranks them 26th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 11th, surrendering 20 points per contest.
The Titans rank third-worst in passing offense (171.4 passing yards per game) and second-worst in passing defense (276.7 passing yards per game allowed) this season. The Titans rank 15th in rushing yards this season (119.9 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 83.1 rushing yards allowed per game.
On the defensive side of the ball, the Titans have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking best by surrendering a 30.4% third-down percentage. They rank 26th on offense (35.9% third-down conversion rate). This season, the Titans are gaining 5.2 yards per play (20th in the league), while giving up 5.5 per play on the defensive side of the ball (17th in the NFL). With 13 forced turnovers (22nd in NFL) against 11 turnovers committed (second in NFL), the Titans (+2) have the 10th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The Jaguars rank 12th with 351.7 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 25th with 369.1 total yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball. In terms of points scored the Jaguars rank 17th in the NFL (21.5 points per game), and they are 16th defensively (22.7 points allowed per contest).
The Jaguars’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in pass defense this season, ceding 255.5 passing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 14th with 224.3 passing yards per contest. From an offensive standpoint, the Jaguars are generating 127.4 rushing yards per game (ninth-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL defensively (113.6 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Jaguars’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, ceding a 45.6% third-down conversion rate, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 16th with a 45.6% third-down rate. From an offensive angle, the Jaguars are compiling 5.6 yards per play (11th-ranked). They rank 20th in the NFL defensively (5.7 yards given up per play). At +1, the Jaguars have the 13th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 16 forced turnovers (11th in NFL) and 15 turnovers committed (16th in NFL).
Titans vs. Jaguars Injury Report
Titans vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Titans Betting Insights
The Titans have covered the spread eight times this season (8-4-0). The Titans have not covered a spread when they are at least 3.5-point favorites (0-1).
This season, Titans games have hit the over four times. The Titans finished with a 6-3 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 66.7% of those games).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -180 or shorter, the Titans had a 4-2 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have gone 4-8-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 1-2.
This season, Jaguars games have hit the over six times. The Jaguars have been underdogs in 10 games this season and won four (40%) of those contests.
The Jaguars have a record of 1-2 in games where oddsmakers have them as underdogs of at least +155 on the moneyline.
Titans vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43||42.6||43.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.7||22.4||24.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-0||2-3|
|Point Total AVG||44.9||43.7||46.2|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||23.3||25.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2||0-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-6||3-1||1-5|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Derrick Henry averages 4.2 yards per attempt (33rd in the NFL) and 89.8 yards per game for 1,078 total rushing yards (third in the NFL). He has scored 10 rushing touchdowns this season.
- Henry has 29 targets, 23 catches, 286 receiving yards and zero TDs in the passing game.
- Ryan Tannehill has 2,117 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He has completed 64.9% of his passes, averaging 211.7 yards per game and 8 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 81 rushing yards (8.1 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Through 11 games, Dontrell Hilliard has picked up 145 yards on the ground, averaging 13.2 yards per game without scoring a touchdown.
- Hilliard has been on the receiving end of 26 targets in the passing game and has 21 catches (1.9 per game) for 177 yards (16.1 per game) and four TDs.
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine averages 1.6 receptions and 28.9 yards per game, and has 347 total receiving yards and 19 catches. He’s gotten 33 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- On defense, Jeffery Simmons has 40 tackles, six TFL, and 6.5 sacks in 2022.
- Kevin Byard has 80 tackles and one interception this season.
- Roger McCreary has collected 67 tackles, one TFL, and one interception so far this year. He’s third on the Titans in tackles.
- Rashad Weaver has 5.5 sacks (third on the Titans) to go along with his three TFL and 18 tackles on the season.
- Trevor Lawrence has thrown for 2,834 yards this year, with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He is completing 65.6% of his passes while averaging 236.2 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- Lawrence has also rushed for three touchdowns and 211 yards (third on the Jaguars).
- Travis Etienne has scored four rushing touchdowns, while totaling 782 rushing yards (5.4 per carry and 65.2 per game).
- Etienne has also collected 214 receiving yards (17.8 per game) on 25 catches (2.1 per game). He’s been targeted 34 times and is still looking for his first receiving touchdown.
- This season, Christian Kirk has caught 62 passes for 829 receiving yards with seven touchdowns in the passing game (fifth in the NFL). He has been targeted 99 total times and is averaging 5.2 receptions per game in 12 games played.
- Zay Jones has been targeted 86 times, resulting in 60 catches for 578 yards .
- Foyesade Oluokun has one sack to go with nine TFL and 128 tackles over 12 games in 2022.
- Rayshawn Jenkins’ stats include one interception as well as 70 tackles, one TFL, and nine passes defended.
- During the 2022 season, Devin Lloyd has 80 tackles and two interceptions in 12 games.
- Tyson Campbell has put up one TFL, 48 tackles, and two interceptions through 11 games.
Titans vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Titans, and we project that Titans will cover the spread (Titans -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Titans vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Titans vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Titans vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.