On Sunday, October 23, 2022, the Indianapolis Colts (3-2-1) visit a red-hot Tennessee Titans (3-2) squad at Nissan Stadium. The Titans are looking to keep on rolling after winning three straight games.
Titans vs. Colts Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Titans as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Titans have -135 odds to pick up the win, while the Colts are listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Titans vs. Colts Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
With 278.2 yards of total offense per game (second-worst) and 390.8 yards allowed per game on defense (fifth-worst), the Titans have been getting outplayed on both sides of the ball this season. The Titans are putting up 19.2 points per game on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 21st, allowing 23.6 points per game.
The Titans rank fifth-worst in passing offense (175.4 passing yards per game) and worst in passing defense (287.6 passing yards per game allowed) this year. The Titans are totaling 102.8 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 21st in the NFL. Defensively, they rank sixth, allowing 103.2 rushing yards per contest.
The Titans have the 24th-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (35.6% conversion rate), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best with a 27.1% third-down percentage allowed. With 4.9 yards per play on offense (fifth-worst) and 6.3 yards per play allowed on defense (second-worst), the Titans have been playing poorly on both sides of the ball this year in terms of yards-per-play efficiency. The Titans have the 13th-ranked turnover margin in the league at +1, forcing seven turnovers (18th in NFL) while turning it over six times (seventh in NFL).
The Colts rank 14th with 349.8 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 10th with 323.7 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Colts rank 26th in the NFL with 17.2 points per contest on offense, and they rank 14th with 20.2 points allowed per contest on defense.
The Colts’ pass defense ranks 10th in the NFL with 202.7 passing yards surrendered per contest, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by generating 266.2 passing yards per contest. The Colts rank fourth-worst in rushing yards per game (83.7), but they’ve been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 20th in the NFL with 121 rushing yards allowed per contest.
The Colts rank 10th in the NFL with a 41.7% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and sixth with a 33.8% third-down percentage allowed on defense. The Colts are putting up 5 yards per play on offense this season (23rd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 5.2 yards per play (eighth-ranked) on defense. The Colts have forced six turnovers this season and have turned it over 11 times, resulting in a -5 turnover margin that is fifth-worst in the NFL.
Titans vs. Colts Injury Report
Titans vs. Colts Betting Analysis
Titans Betting Insights
The Titans have covered the spread three times this season (3-2-0). The Titans are winless against the spread when they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
Games involving the Titans have hit the over twice this season. The Titans finished with a 6-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 66.7% of those games).
The Titans had a 6-3 record last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -135 or shorter.
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts have covered the spread three times over six games with a set spread. The Colts are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
Colts games have gone over the total once this season. The Colts have won both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Colts have been at least a +115 moneyline underdog two times this season and won each of those games.
Titans vs. Colts Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.5||44.5||44.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||24.5||24.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||44.5||45.2||43.8|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||24.7||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2-1||1-1||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-0||1-0||1-0|
Players to Watch
- Derrick Henry‘s rushing output this season includes 408 yards (10th in the NFL) and five TDs. He is averaging 81.6 yards per game and 3.9 per attempt (44th in the NFL).
- Henry has 14 targets, 10 catches, 121 receiving yards and zero TDs in the passing game.
- Ryan Tannehill has passed for 965 yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He is averaging 193 yards per game and 7.7 per attempt, while completing 65.1%.
- He has rushed for 23 yards (third on the Titans) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 4.6 rushing yards per game.
- Dontrell Hilliard’s output on the ground this season includes 22 yards with no rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 5.5 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt.
- Hilliard has been on the receiving end of 14 targets in the passing game and has 12 catches (three per game) for 132 yards (33 per game) and three TDs.
- Robert Woods has 17 catches for 204 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 28 times in the passing game, and averages 3.4 receptions and 40.8 yards in five games played.
- Over on the defensive side, Kevin Byard has 37 tackles and one interception in 2022.
- David Long has one TFL, 35 tackles, and one interception.
- This season, Denico Autry has put up four sacks (first on the Titans) in addition to his three TFL and 11 tackles.
- So far this season, Roger McCreary has 32 tackles and one TFL.
- Matt Ryan is averaging 7 passing yards per attempt (20th in the NFL) and 294.2 yards per game this year, completing 67.2% of his passes on the way to 1,765 total yards (second in the NFL), eight touchdowns and seven interceptions through six games.
- Michael Pittman Jr. has 38 catches (10th in the NFL) for 417 yards and one receiving touchdown. He has been targeted 52 times and averages 7.6 receptions per game in five games played.
- Jonathan Taylor is averaging 82 rushing yards per game this season (328 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- Taylor’s offensive output includes nine receptions (2.3 per game) on 16 targets for 44 yards (11 per game), but he has not scored a touchdown through the air.
- Alec Pierce has 18 catches for 271 yards and one receiving touchdown. He averages 3.6 yards per game through five games and has been targeted 29 times.
- In 2022, Zaire Franklin has amassed three TFL and 65 tackles through six games.
- Bobby Okereke has three TFL and 55 tackles.
- DeForest Buckner has recorded three sacks (first on the Colts) as well as three TFL and 25 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Rodney McLeod’s season stats include 24 tackles, two TFL, and one interception in six games. He is fifth on the Colts in tackles.
Titans vs. Colts Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Titans, and we predict that Titans will cover the spread (Titans -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Titans vs. Colts
You can bet on Titans vs. Colts at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Titans vs. Colts picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.