A struggling Houston Texans (0-3-1) team visits the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 at TIAA Bank Field. The Texans have suffered defeat in three consecutive games.
Jaguars vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7 points, with oddsmakers listing the Jaguars as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Jaguars have -315 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at +260 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43.5 points.
How to Watch Jaguars vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
The Jaguars rank 20th in total offense (336.5 yards per game) and 14th in total defense (330.3 yards allowed per game) this season. On defense, the Jaguars have been a top-five unit, ranking fifth-best by surrendering just 16.8 points per game. They rank sixth on offense (26.3 points per game).
The Jaguars are totaling 226.3 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 19th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 16th, allowing 236.5 passing yards per game. The Jaguars are totaling 110.3 rushing yards per game on offense this season (18th in NFL), and they are allowing 93.8 rushing yards per game (seventh) on the other side of the ball.
The Jaguars are posting a 38.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 15th, surrendering a 37.5% third-down conversion rate. The Jaguars are averaging 5.4 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 13th, allowing 5.2 yards per play. The Jaguars have forced nine total turnovers (third in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (15th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +3, the fourth-best in the league.
The Texans rank 27th in total yards per game (302.0), but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 412.3 total yards surrendered per contest. In terms of points scored the Texans rank 25th in the NFL (18.3 points per game), and they are 17th on the other side of the ball (23.3 points allowed per game).
The Texans are generating 207.0 passing yards per game on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 240.3 passing yards per contest (18th-ranked) on defense. The Texans have been struggling against the run, ranking second-worst with 172.0 rushing yards surrendered per game. They have been more effective offensively, generating 95.0 rushing yards per contest (25th-ranked).
The Texans rank second-worst in third-down conversion rate (26.9%), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 18th in the NFL with a 40.4% third-down rate allowed. From an offensive standpoint, the Texans are accumulating 5.1 yards per play (23rd-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL on defense (5.8 yards given up per play). With six forced turnovers (12th in NFL) and five turnovers committed (ninth in NFL) this season, the Texans rank eighth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +1.
Jaguars vs. Texans Injury Report
|Cole Van Lanen||FB||Hamstring||Questionable|
Jaguars vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have covered the spread two times over four games with a set spread.
Jaguars games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season. The Jaguars were listed as the moneyline favorite just two times last season, and they lost both games.
The Jaguars never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -315 or shorter.
Texans Betting Insights
The Texans are 3-1-0 against the spread this year. The Texans have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
Texans games have gone over the total twice this season. This season, the Texans have been listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
The Texans have played as an underdog of +260 or more once this season and lost that game.
Jaguars vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.0||43.5||44.2|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||23.0||24.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||1-0||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||44.1||45.8||42.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25.8||26.5||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3-1||0-1-1||0-2|
Players to Watch
- Trevor Lawrence has thrown for 946 yards, eight touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) and two interceptions this year. He is averaging 236.5 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt, while completing 65.7% of his attempts.
- James Robinson‘s rushing statline this season includes 259 yards and three TDs. He’s averaging 64.8 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (27th in the NFL).
- He has hauled in six passes (on seven targets) for 33 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 8.3 receiving yards and 1.5 catches per game.
- Through four games played, Christian Kirk is averaging 81.8 yards and 5.0 receptions per game to total 327 receiving yards (10th in the NFL) and 20 catches. He’s been targeted 36 times, and has three receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- Zay Jones has 19 receptions for 173 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 24 times in the air attack, and averages 6.3 receptions and 57.7 yards in three games played.
- On defense, Devin Lloyd has 38 tackles and two interceptions in 2022.
- Foyesade Oluokun has 38 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
- This season, Josh Allen has put up 3.0 sacks (first on the Jaguars) to go along with his 2.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Andre Cisco has two interceptions (fifth in the NFL) with 18 tackles and two passes defended.
- Dameon Pierce has rushed for two touchdowns this year, and has put up 313 total rushing yards (78.3 per game and 5.2 per attempt).
- Pierce has also been a part of the receiving game with 43 yards (10.8 per game) on 10 receptions (2.5 per game), while being targeted 10 times. He is still trying for his first receiving touchdown.
- Davis Mills has 908 passing yards, five touchdowns and four interceptions. His completion percentage is 62.0% and he averages 227.0 yards per game and 6.4 per attempt.
- Brandin Cooks has put up 215 receiving yards and one touchdown on 20 receptions, while being targeted 36 times this season.
- Rex Burkhead is scoreless on the ground, but has rushed for 49 total yards (2.9 per attempt and 12.3 per game).
- Burkhead has also caught 16 passes for 99 yards (fourth on the Texans), with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 21 times and averages 24.8 yards per game.
- So far in 2022, Jalen Pitre has amassed 31 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions over four games.
- Jonathan Owens has 42 tackles. He leads the Texans and is fifth in the NFL in tackles.
- Jerry Hughes has 11 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and one interception in the 2022 season.
- Kamu Grugier-Hill’s season stats include 33 tackles through four games. He is second on the Texans in tackles.
Jaguars vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Jaguars, and we predict that Jaguars will cover the spread (Jaguars -7). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 43.5 points.
How to Bet on Jaguars vs. Texans
You can bet on Jaguars vs. Texans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Jaguars vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.