The Dallas Cowboys (9-3), who have claimed victory in three straight, head into a matchup against the Houston Texans (1-10-1) on Sunday, December 11, 2022 at AT&T Stadium.
Cowboys vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 16.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Cowboys as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cowboys have -1500 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at +900 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 44.5 points.
How to Watch Cowboys vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
The Cowboys rank 11th in total offense this year (355.9 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on defense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 309.6 yards allowed per game. The Cowboys have been a difficult matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both scoring offense (third-best with 27.8 points per game) and scoring defense (third-best with 17.2 points allowed per game) this season.
The Cowboys rank 22nd in passing yards this season (210.0 per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with 179.8 passing yards allowed per game. The Cowboys are putting up 145.9 rushing yards per game offensively this season (seventh in NFL), and they are giving up 129.8 rushing yards per game (24th) on the other side of the ball.
The Cowboys rank seventh in third-down percentage this year (44.2%), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 33.8% third-down percentage allowed. The Cowboys are gaining 5.6 yards per play on offense (11th in the league), while featuring the second-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.8) this season. The Cowboys have forced 21 total turnovers (second in NFL) this season and have turned it over 12 times (fifth in NFL) for a turnover margin of +9, the second-best in the league.
The Texans have been unproductive on both sides of the ball this season, ranking worst in total offense (279.3 total yards per game) and fifth-worst in total defense (378.3 total yards allowed per game). The Texans’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, generating 15.7 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 23rd with 23.9 points surrendered per contest.
In terms of passing, the Texans rank 27th in the NFL (191.4 passing yards per game) and 13th on defense (209.2 passing yards allowed per contest). The Texans have lots of room to improve in the running game, as they rank fourth-worst in rushing yards per game (87.9) and worst in rushing yards surrendered per game (169.1).
The Texans’ offense has not been getting things done on third down, ranking worst in the NFL with a 26.5% third-down conversion percentage. They have been more productive defensively, allowing a 38.2% third-down rate (10th-ranked). The Texans’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, posting 4.8, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 20th, giving up 5.7 yards per play. The Texans have forced 14 turnovers this season and have turned it over 20 times, leading to a -6 turnover margin that is fourth-worst in the NFL.
Cowboys vs. Texans Injury Report
|Derek Stingley Jr.||DB||Hamstring||Questionable|
Cowboys vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys have compiled an 8-4-0 record against the spread this season.
This season, Cowboys games have hit the over six times. The Cowboys won 76.9% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (10-3).
The Cowboys never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -1500 or shorter.
Texans Betting Insights
The Texans have registered a 5-6-1 record against the spread this season.
This year, Texans games have hit the over four times. The Texans have won one, or 8.3%, of the 12 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Texans have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +900.
Cowboys vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.3||45.1||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||24.8||26.1||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-1||5-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.9||43.9||43.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.8||25.5||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-10-1||0-5-1||1-5|
Players to Watch
- Tony Pollard’s rushing output this season includes 852 yards (10th in the NFL) and eight TDs. He is averaging 71.0 yards per game and 5.8 per attempt (fifth in the NFL).
- He’s also hauled in 25 passes (on 36 targets) for 259 receiving yards with two touchdowns. He’s averaging 21.6 receving yards and 2.1 catches per game.
- CeeDee Lamb‘s 928 receiving yards this season (ninth in the NFL) have come from 111 targets and 69 receptions (10th in the NFL). He’s averaging 77.3 receiving yards and 5.8 catches per game, with six receiving touchdowns (ninth in the NFL).
- Ezekiel Elliott has 654 rushing yards with eight touchdowns (65.4 yards per game across 10 games).
- Dak Prescott has thrown for 1,563 yards, 13 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He is averaging 223.3 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt, while completing 67.9%.
- He has added 71 rushing yards (10.1 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- On the defensive side for the Cowboys, Micah Parsons has racked up 51 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 11.0 sacks in 2022.
- Donovan Wilson has intercepted one pass and added 77 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
- Demarcus Lawrence has recorded 47 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks so far this year.
- This season, Leighton Vander Esch has 76 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack. He’s second on the Cowboys in tackles.
- Dameon Pierce has rushed for three touchdowns this year, and has accumulated 861 total rushing yards (71.8 per game and 4.3 per carry).
- Pierce has also been a part of the passing game with 165 yards (13.8 per game) on 30 receptions (2.5 per game), while being targeted 39 times. He has one receiving touchdown.
- In 10 games, Davis Mills has 2,144 passing yards, with 11 touchdowns against 11 interceptions and completing 61.9% of his attempts.
- Mills also has one rushing touchdown and 38 rushing yards (fourth on the Texans).
- So far this season in 11 games, Eno Benjamin has racked up 299 rushing yards (second on the Texans) and scored two rushing touchdowns. He averages 27.2 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt.
- Benjamin’s offensive output includes 24 receptions (2.2 per game) on 33 targets for 184 yards (16.7 per game), but he has not found the end zone in the passing game.
- Nico Collins has 481 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 37 receptions after receiving 66 targets.
- Jalen Pitre has amassed 1.0 sack to go with 5.0 TFL, 93 tackles, and three interceptions through 12 games so far in 2022.
- Christian Kirksey has 2.0 sacks in addition to his 5.0 TFL, 85 tackles, and one interception through 12 games.
- Jonathan Owens has 97 tackles.
- Desmond King II’s stat sheet includes one interception as well as 59 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and seven passes defended in 12 games
Cowboys vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Cowboys, and we expect that Cowboys will cover the spread (Cowboys -16.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 44.5 points.
How to Bet on Cowboys vs. Texans
You can bet on Cowboys vs. Texans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cowboys vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.