When the Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) host the Cleveland Browns (7-9) on Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Acrisure Stadium, they will be trying to continue their three-game winning streak.
Steelers vs. Browns Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing the Steelers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Steelers have -145 odds to pick up the win, while the Browns are listed at +125 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 40 points.
How to Watch Steelers vs. Browns Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
The Steelers rank 23rd in total offense (321.8 yards per game) and 14th in total defense (331.9 yards allowed per game) this season. The Steelers have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking fourth-worst with 17.5 points per contest. On defense, they are ranked 11th in the NFL (20.8 points allowed per game).
The Steelers are putting up 201.3 passing yards per game on offense this year (24th in NFL), and they are surrendering 225.4 passing yards per game (20th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Steelers are compiling 120.6 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 17th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank seventh, giving up 106.5 rushing yards per contest.
From an offensive standpoint, the Steelers rank seventh in the NFL with a 43.9% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 17th in third-down conversion rate allowed (39.2%). The Steelers are accumulating 4.9 yards per play (27th in the league), while giving up 5.5 per play on the defensive side of the ball (18th in the NFL) this season. The Steelers have the 10th-ranked turnover margin in the league at +3, forcing 21 turnovers (13th in NFL) while turning it over 18 times (seventh in NFL).
With 351.7 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Browns rank 14th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank 11th, giving up 331.1 total yards per contest. From an offensive angle, the Browns are putting up 21.7 points per contest (16th-ranked). They rank 18th in the NFL on defense (22.1 points allowed per game).
In terms of passing, the Browns rank 22nd in the NFL (204.4 passing yards per game) and seventh on the other side of the ball (196.7 passing yards allowed per contest). From an offensive standpoint, the Browns are generating 147.3 rushing yards per contest (sixth-ranked). They rank 25th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (134.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
In terms of third-down efficiency, the Browns rank 20th in the NFL (37.9% third-down conversion rate) and 10th on defense (38.0% third-down rate allowed). The Browns rank 17th in the NFL with 5.3 yards per play on offense, and they rank 13th with 5.4 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball. With 19 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) and 19 turnovers committed (ninth in NFL) this season, the Browns rank 15th in the NFL with a turnover margin of 0.
Steelers vs. Browns Injury Report
|William Jackson III||CB||Back||Questionable|
|Jadeveon Clowney||DE||Non injury related (personal)||Out|
Steelers vs. Browns Betting Analysis
Steelers Betting Insights
The Steelers are 9-6-1 against the spread this season. The Steelers have not covered a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
Games involving the Steelers have hit the over six times this season. The Steelers won four of the seven games they were favored on the moneyline last season (57.1%).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -145 or shorter, the Steelers went 2-2-1 (40%).
Browns Betting Insights
The Browns have gone 9-7-0 against the spread this season. The Browns are 3-3 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
Browns games have gone over the total seven times this season. This season, the Browns have won four out of the nine games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Browns have entered six games this season as the underdog by +125 or more and are 2-4 in those contests.
Steelers vs. Browns Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||40.7||40.1||41.1|
|Implied Total AVG||22.8||22.0||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-6||1-2||4-4|
|Point Total AVG||43.6||40.6||46.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.8||22.1||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-4||2-3||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-5||2-1||2-4|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Najee Harris averages 3.8 yards per attempt (40th in the NFL) and 59.6 yards per game for 954 total rushing yards. He has recorded six rushing touchdowns this season.
- Harris has 52 targets, 40 catches, 219 receiving yards and three TDs through the air.
- Kenny Pickett has 2,209 passing yards, six touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He has completed 64.4% of his attempts, averaging 184.1 yards per game and 6.1 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 236 rushing yards (19.7 per game) and three touchdowns on the ground.
- Through 16 games played, George Pickens is averaging 45.6 yards and 3.1 receptions per game to total 729 receiving yards and 49 catches. He’s been targeted 79 times, and has three receiving touchdowns.
- Diontae Johnson averages 5.3 receptions and 52.8 yards per game, and has 844 total receiving yards and 84 catches. He’s gotten 137 total targets, but has yet to record a touchdown pass.
- On the defensive side, Alex Highsmith has 54 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 12.0 sacks in 2022.
- Cameron Heyward has 67 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 8.5 sacks, and four passes defended.
- T.J. Watt has totaled 36 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two interceptions this year.
- Robert Spillane has 1.0 sack (fifth on the Steelers) to go along with his 4.0 TFL and 70 tackles this year.
- This year through 16 games, Nick Chubb has churned out 1,448 rushing yards (leading the Browns and second in the NFL) and scored 12 rushing touchdowns. He averages 90.5 yards per game and 5.0 per attempt (ninth in the NFL).
- On top of his impact in the run game, Chubb has caught 22 passes (on 31 targets) for 194 yards (seventh on the Browns). He’s averaging 12.1 yards per game.
- Jacoby Brissett has 2,608 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. His completion percentage is 64.0% and he averages 186.3 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- Brissett also has two rushing touchdowns and 243 rushing yards (third on the Browns).
- In 16 games played this season, Amari Cooper has 76 catches (4.8 receptions per game on 8.1 targets per game) for 1,109 yards and nine receiving touchdowns (fifth in the NFL).
- Donovan Peoples-Jones has 797 receiving yards and three touchdowns from 59 receptions after getting 92 targets.
- Myles Garrett has 15.0 sacks (first on the Browns and fourth in the NFL) to go with 13.0 TFL and 51 tackles over 15 games in 2022.
- Grant Delpit’s stat sheet includes four interceptions (ninth in the NFL) as well as 97 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended.
- John Johnson has 0.5 sacks as well as 4.0 TFL, 91 tackles, and one interception in the 2022 campaign.
- Martin Emerson has totaled 1.0 sack as well as 1.0 TFL and 58 tackles.
Steelers vs. Browns Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Steelers, and we project that Steelers will cover the spread (Steelers -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 40 points.
How to Bet on Steelers vs. Browns
You can bet on Steelers vs. Browns at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Steelers vs. Browns picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.