The Arizona Cardinals (2-3) visit a fellow NFC West competitor on Sunday, October 16, 2022, when they square off against the Seattle Seahawks (2-3) at Lumen Field.
Cardinals vs. Seahawks Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Cardinals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cardinals have -135 odds to pick up the win, while the Seahawks are listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 50.5 points.
How to Watch Cardinals vs. Seahawks Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
The Cardinals rank 15th in total offense (352.2 yards per game) and 18th in total defense (345.6 yards allowed per game) this season. The Cardinals are putting up 21.0 points per game on offense this year (18th in NFL), and they are allowing 24.6 points per game (23rd) on the defensive side of the ball.
The Cardinals are totaling 237.8 passing yards per game offensively this year (16th in NFL), and they are allowing 248.2 passing yards per game (21st) on defense. The Cardinals have the 17th-ranked offense this year in terms of rushing yards (114.4 per game), and they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking fifth-best with just 97.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Cardinals are averaging a 36.1% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 24th, allowing a 44.0% third-down percentage. The Cardinals are putting up 4.9 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 22nd, allowing 5.9 yards per play. The Cardinals have the fourth-best turnover margin in the league at +3, forcing six turnovers (19th in NFL) while turning it over three times (third in NFL).
The Seahawks have not been getting things done on defense, ranking worst with 430.0 total yards surrendered per game. They have been more productive on the other side of the ball, regstering 368.0 total yards per contest (eighth-ranked). The Seahawks’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 30.8 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank seventh with 25.4 points per contest.
The Seahawks are compiling 246.0 passing yards per contest on offense this season (10th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 259.8 passing yards per contest (26th-ranked) on defense. The Seahawks’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in run defense this season, ceding 170.2 rushing yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 12th with 122.0 rushing yards per contest.
While the Seahawks’ third-down defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking third-worst by allowing a 49.2% third-down conversion percentage, their offense ranks third-best with a 48.2% third-down rate. While the Seahawks’ defense has been sputtering, ranking worst by giving up 6.6 yards per play, their offense is second-best with 6.6 yards per play. With eight forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) and seven turnovers committed (18th in NFL) this season, the Seahawks rank ninth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +1.
Cardinals vs. Seahawks Injury Report
|Rashaad Penny||RB||Lower leg||Out|
Cardinals vs. Seahawks Betting Analysis
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have gone 3-2-0 against the spread this season.
Games involving the Cardinals have hit the over once this season. The Cardinals finished with a 5-6 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 45.5% of those games).
The Cardinals went 5-6 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -135 or shorter (45.5%).
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-3-0). The Seahawks have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
This season, Seahawks games have hit the over three times. The Seahawks have won two of the four games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Seahawks have entered four games this season as the underdog by +115 or more and are 2-2 in those contests.
Cardinals vs. Seahawks Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.5||50.3||48.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||27.7||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||0-3||2-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.0||43.5||44.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||24.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||1-0||1-2|
Players to Watch
- Kyler Murray has 1,241 passing yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He has completed 65.6% of his attempts, averaging 248.2 yards per game and 5.8 per attempt.
- He has added 133 rushing yards (26.6 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Marquise Brown‘s 417 receiving yards this season (sixth in the NFL) have come from 55 targets and 38 receptions (fourth in the NFL). He’s averaging 83.4 receiving yards and 7.6 catches per game, with three receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- James Conner has 200 rushing yards with one touchdown (40.0 yards per game across five games).
- Conner has 14 receptions on 19 targets for 103 yards, but he has not scored a touchdown in the passing game.
- Zach Ertz averages 5.6 receptions and 45.8 yards per game, and has 229 total receiving yards and 28 catches. He’s gotten 41 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- On the defensive side for the Cardinals, Jalen Thompson has racked up 33 tackles and one interception in 2022.
- Zach Allen has 21 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks so far this season.
- This season, Budda Baker has put up 39 tackles.
- Zaven Collins has 32 tackles on the season.
- Geno Smith has passed for 1,305 yards this year, with nine touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) and two interceptions. He is completing 75.2% of his attempts while averaging 261.0 yards per game and 8.3 per attempt.
- He’s added 77 yards on the ground (third on the Seahawks), with one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 15.4 yards per game and 3.9 per attempt.
- Tyler Lockett has 406 receiving yards (ninth in the NFL) and two touchdowns on 32 receptions (ninth in the NFL), while being targeted 40 times.
- Through five games played this season, D.K. Metcalf has 28 catches (5.6 receptions per game on 8.6 targets per game) for 372 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Will Dissly has been targeted 15 times, resulting in 14 catches for 137 yards (seventh in the NFL).
- In 2022, Jordyn Brooks has put up 54 tackles over five games.
- Cody Barton has 45 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one pass defended.
- Tariq Woolen has 17 tackles and three interceptions.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 22 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and three passes defended.
Cardinals vs. Seahawks Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Seahawks, and we project that Seahawks will cover the spread (Cardinals -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 50.5 points.
How to Bet on Cardinals vs. Seahawks
You can bet on Cardinals vs. Seahawks at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cardinals vs. Seahawks picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.