The Minnesota Vikings (2-1) and New Orleans Saints (1-2) travel to London, United Kingdom October 2, 2022 for a neutral-site game at 9:30 AM ET, airing on NFLN.
Vikings vs. Saints Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Vikings as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Vikings have -180 odds to pick up the win, while the Saints are listed at +155 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Vikings vs. Saints Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 AM ET
- TV Channel: NFLN
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Stadium: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Despite having a bottom-five defense that ranks second-worst in the NFL (413.3 yards allowed per game), the Vikings have had more success on the other side of the ball, ranking 19th in the NFL by totaling 344.0 yards per game. Offensively, the Vikings rank 16th in the NFL with 19.3 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 10th in points allowed (413.3 points allowed per contest). The Vikings have the 15th-ranked passing offense this season (240.3 passing yards per game), and they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking fourth-worst with 275.7 passing yards allowed per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Vikings rank 19th in the NFL with 103.7 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 24th in rushing yards allowed per contest (137.7). The Vikings rank 26th in third-down efficiency (29.4%) on offense and 13th in third-down conversion rate allowed (34.2%) on defense this season. The Vikings rank 12th in offensive yards per play (5.5) and 25th in yards per play allowed (6.0) this season. With four forced turnovers (12th in NFL) against four turnovers committed (15th in NFL), the Vikings’ even turnover margin ranks 13th in the NFL.
From an offensive standpoint, the Saints are accumulating 373.0 total yards per game (eighth-ranked). They rank 12th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (323.0 total yards allowed per game). With 17.0 points per game on offense, the Saints rank 22nd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 18th, allowing 22.7 points per game. The Saints have been thriving on pass defense, allowing just 183.7 passing yards per game (fifth-best). Offensively, they rank eighth in the NFL by racking up 260.7 passing yards per game. The Saints rank 15th in the NFL with 112.3 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 26th with 139.3 rushing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Saints are posting a 33.3% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 31.8% third-down rate (eighth-ranked) on defense. In terms of yards per play, the Saints rank sixth in the NFL (6.0) and ninth on the other side of the ball (5.0 yards allowed per play). In terms of turnover margin, the Saints are the worst team in the NFL this season. Their margin sits at -6, as they’ve forced three turnovers and committed nine.
Vikings vs. Saints Injury Report
Vikings: CB Andrew Booth Jr.: Doubtful (Quad), OLB Za’Darius Smith: Questionable (Knee)
Saints: OG Andrus Peat: Out (Concussion), FB Marcus Maye: Out (Rib), WR Michael Thomas: Out (Foot), QB Jameis Winston: Out (Back), WR Jarvis Landry: Questionable (Ankle), RB Alvin Kamara: Questionable (Ribs)
Vikings vs. Saints Betting Analysis
Vikings Betting Insights
The Vikings have covered the spread in a matchup one time this season (1-2-0). The Vikings have not covered a spread when they are at least 3.5-point favorites (0-1). This season, Vikings games have hit the over once. The Vikings were favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They finished 5-3 in those games. The Vikings had a record of 3-2 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -180 or shorter (60%).
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have not covered the spread this year (0-3-0). This year, Saints games have hit the over once. The Saints lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Saints have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +155 odds on them winning this game.
Vikings vs. Saints Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.0||49.0||49.0|
|Implied Total AVG||26.3||26.5||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.8||43.5||42.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||23.0||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Kirk Cousins has 758 passing yards through three games this year, averaging 252.7 per game with a 62.2% completion percentage and five touchdowns against three interceptions.
- Justin Jefferson has 18 receptions for 246 yards and two TDs. Through three games, he is averaging 6.0 catches and 82.0 yards per game.
- Through three games, Dalvin Cook has picked up 203 yards on the ground, averaging 67.7 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Cook has gotten 11 targets in the passing game and has seven catches (2.3 per game) for 37 yards (12.3 per game) and zero TDs.
- Adam Thielen averages 4.3 receptions and 49.7 yards per game, and has 149 total receiving yards and 13 catches. He’s gotten 19 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- On defense, Jordan Hicks has 31 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception in 2022. His tackle total leads the Vikings and is fifth in the NFL.
- Harrison Smith has 20 tackles and one interception this season.
- Eric Kendricks has totaled 23 tackles and three passes defended.
- This season, Danielle Hunter has 12 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Jameis Winston has thrown for 858 yards this year (to rank eighth in the NFL), with four touchdowns and five interceptions. He is completing 63.5% of his attempts while averaging 286.0 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt.
- Michael Thomas has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 16 catches for 171 yards and three receiving touchdowns (second in the NFL) through three games played. He has been on the receiving end of 22 targets and is averaging 5.3 receptions per game.
- Chris Olave has totaled 268 receiving yards (ninth in the NFL) on 17 receptions, while being targeted 29 times on the season.
- Jarvis Landry has 161 receiving yards from 13 receptions after getting 19 targets.
- So far in 2022, Pete Werner has recorded 31 tackles through three games.
- Demario Davis’ stat sheet includes 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
- Cameron Jordan has 1.0 sack (first on the Saints) in addition to his 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Shy Tuttle has 0.5 sacks (third on the Saints) to go with 18 tackles over three games.
Vikings vs. Saints Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Vikings, and we project that Vikings will cover the spread (Vikings -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Vikings vs. Saints
You can bet on Vikings vs. Saints at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Vikings vs. Saints picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.