The New Orleans Saints (1-3), who have dropped three straight, head into a matchup with the Seattle Seahawks (2-2) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 at Caesars Superdome.
Saints vs. Seahawks Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Saints as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Saints have -230 odds to pick up the win, while the Seahawks are listed at +195 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Saints vs. Seahawks Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
The Saints are averaging 364.3 yards per game on offense (eighth in NFL), and they rank 12th on defense with 328.3 yards allowed per game. The Saints rank 18th in scoring offense (19.0 points per game) and 20th in scoring defense (24.0 points allowed per game) this year.
The Saints are averaging 252.3 passing yards per game on offense (ninth in the NFL), and they rank ninth on the other side of the ball with 203.5 passing yards allowed per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Saints rank 16th in the NFL with 112.0 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 20th in rushing yards allowed per contest (124.8).
From an offensive standpoint, the Saints rank 23rd in the NFL with a 34.7% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank ninth in third-down conversion rate allowed (32.8%). The Saints are accumulating 6.0 yards per play (sixth in the league), while giving up 5.0 per play on the defensive side of the ball (eighth in the NFL) this season. The Saints have forced four total turnovers (23rd in NFL) this season and have turned it over 11 times (31st in NFL) for a turnover margin of -7, the worst in the league.
The Seahawks have been struggling on defense, ranking second-worst with 428.0 total yards allowed per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, regstering 361.0 total yards per contest (10th-ranked). The Seahawks have not been getting things done on defense, ranking second-worst with 28.8 points allowed per game. They have been better on offense, compiling 23.8 points per contest (11th-ranked).
The Seahawks rank 11th in passing yards per game (246.3), but they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 274.0 passing yards allowed per contest. The Seahawks have been struggling to stop the run, ranking fourth-worst with 154.0 rushing yards given up per game. They have been more effective on the other side of the ball, posting 114.8 rushing yards per contest (13th-ranked).
The Seahawks rank fourth-worst in third-down conversion rate allowed (46.8%), but at least they’ve been getting things done on offense, ranking second-best in third-down rate (55.3%). The Seahawks are worst in yards per play allowed on defense (6.7), but at least they’ve been playing well on the other side of the ball, third-best in yards per play (6.3). At 0, the Seahawks sport the 16th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with six forced turnovers (12th in NFL) and six turnovers committed (15th in NFL).
Saints vs. Seahawks Injury Report
|Kenneth Walker III||RB||Shoulder||Questionable|
Saints vs. Seahawks Betting Analysis
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have covered the spread one time over four games with a set spread. The Saints are winless against the spread when they are 5-point favorites or more (0-1).
Games involving the Saints have hit the over twice this season. The Saints won five of the eight games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (62.5%).
The Saints had a record of 1-2 when they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -230 or shorter (33.3%).
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have put together a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season. The Seahawks are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
This season, Seahawks games have hit the over twice. This season, the Seahawks have won two out of the three games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Seahawks have a record of 1-1 when they’re set as an underdog of +195 or more by sportsbooks this season.
Saints vs. Seahawks Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.6||42.8||42.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||23.0||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-2||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||43.8||43.5||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||24.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Jameis Winston has thrown for 858 yards, four touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 286.0 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt, while completing 63.5% of his attempts.
- Chris Olave‘s 335 receiving yards this season (ninth in the NFL) have come from 36 targets and 21 receptions. He’s averaging 83.8 receiving yards and 5.3 catches per game, with one receiving touchdown.
- In the passing game, Michael Thomas, has totaled 171 receiving yards and three touchdowns (third in the NFL) after pulling down 16 balls on 22 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 57.0 yards and 5.3 receptions in three games.
- Taysom Hill has one catches for 2 yards and zero touchdowns. He’s been targeted one times in the air attack, and averages 0.3 receptions and 0.7 yards through three games played.
- On defense, Pete Werner has 40 tackles in 2022.
- Demario Davis has 26 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks this season.
- Cameron Jordan has collected 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks so far this year. He’s fifth on the Saints in tackles.
- So far this season, Tyrann Mathieu has 21 tackles and one interception. He’s third on the Saints in tackles.
- Geno Smith is averaging 7.9 passing yards per attempt (fifth in the NFL) and 259.3 yards per game this year, completing 77.3% of his passes on the way to 1,037 total yards, six touchdowns (10th in the NFL) and two interceptions through four games.
- He’s added 64 yards on the ground (second on the Seahawks), with one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 16.0 yards per game and 3.8 per attempt.
- Rashaad Penny has 292 rushing yards (leading the Seahawks) and two rushing touchdowns, while averaging 73.0 yards per game and 6.0 per carry (seventh in the NFL).
- D.K. Metcalf has registered 284 receiving yards and one touchdown on 23 receptions, while being targeted 35 times on the season.
- Will Dissly has 12 catches for 116 yards and three receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL). He averages 3.0 yards per game through four games and has been targeted 12 times.
- Jordyn Brooks’ 2022 output includes 43 tackles in four games. He leads the Seahawks and is third in the NFL in tackles.
- Cody Barton has 1.0 sack (second on the Seahawks) to go with 33 tackles.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and three passes defended in the 2022 campaign.
- Tariq Woolen has 13 tackles and two interceptions.
Saints vs. Seahawks Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Saints, and we project that Seahawks will cover the spread (Saints -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Saints vs. Seahawks
You can bet on Saints vs. Seahawks at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Saints vs. Seahawks picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.