When the Los Angeles Rams (3-6) visit the New Orleans Saints (3-7) on Sunday, November 20, 2022 at Caesars Superdome, they will look to halt a three-game losing streak.
Saints vs. Rams Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Saints as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Saints have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Rams are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 39 points.
How to Watch Saints vs. Rams Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 20, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
The Saints are putting up 358.4 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 13th, surrendering 326.4 yards per game. The Saints are totaling 22.2 points per game on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 25th, allowing 24.7 points per contest.
The Saints rank ninth in pass offense (237.5 passing yards per game) and sixth in pass defense (195.9 passing yards allowed per game) this year. The Saints are totaling 120.9 rushing yards per game offensively this season (15th in NFL), and they are giving up 130.5 rushing yards per game (22nd) on the other side of the ball.
The Saints are posting a 40.6% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 17th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 14th, allowing a 39.1% third-down percentage. The Saints are accumulating 5.8 yards per play (seventh in the league), while surrendering 5.2 per play on the defensive side of the ball (eighth in the NFL) this season. The Saints have forced seven total turnovers (31st in NFL) this season and have turned it over 19 times (32nd in NFL) for a turnover margin of -12, the worst in the NFL.
The Rams’ offense has been bottom-five in total offense this season, compiling 282.7 total yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank sixth with 310.8 total yards allowed per contest. The Rams rank fourth-worst in points per game (16.4), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 18th in the NFL with 22.2 points ceded per contest.
The Rams rank 21st in the NFL with 214.6 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 17th with 214.7 passing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Rams rank worst in rushing yards per game on offense (68.1), but at least they’ve been playing well on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in rushing yards allowed per game (96.1).
From an offensive perspective, the Rams are posting a 41.2% third-down conversion rate (15th-ranked). They rank 16th in the NFL defensively (40.8% third-down rate allowed). The Rams’ offense has been struggling in terms of yards per play, ranking second-worst in the NFL at 4.7. They have been more effective defensively, allowing 5.2 yards per play (eighth-ranked). The Rams have forced eight turnovers this season and have turned it over 15 times, resulting in a -7 turnover margin that is third-worst in the NFL.
Saints vs. Rams Injury Report
|Mark Ingram II||RB||Knee||Out|
Saints vs. Rams Betting Analysis
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints are 3-7-0 against the spread this season. The Saints have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
Games involving the Saints have hit the over five times this season. The Saints won five of the eight games they were favored on the moneyline last season (62.5%).
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -140 or shorter, the Saints had a 5-3 record (winning 62.5% of their games).
Rams Betting Insights
The Rams have put together a record of 2-6-1 against the spread this year. The Rams have not covered a spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs (0-1-1).
Games involving Rams have hit the over three times this year. The Rams have been listed as the underdog three times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
The Rams have played as an underdog of +120 or more once this season and lost that game.
Saints vs. Rams Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.7||44.7||42.1|
|Implied Total AVG||22.9||23.5||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||1-4||0-2|
|Point Total AVG||43.7||43.3||44.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.1||24.3||23.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3||0-1||0-2|
Players to Watch
- Andy Dalton has passed for 1,559 yards, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He is averaging 222.7 yards per game and 7.2 per attempt, while completing 65.0% of his passes.
- Alvin Kamara has totaled 469 rushing yards with one touchdown (58.6 yards per game across eight games). His 4.2 yards per attempt rank 41st in the NFL.
- Kamara has 39 receptions on 53 targets for 338 yards. He has two receiving TDs.
- Taysom Hill has one touchdown catch this season, and has three receptions for 16 yards on five targets, while averaging 0.3 catches and 1.8 yards per game.
- Chris Olave has 658 receiving yards and two touchdowns with 46 catches on 77 targets. He’s averaging 5.1 receptions and 73.1 yards per game.
- On defense, Demario Davis has 61 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 6.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Pete Werner has 74 tackles and 2.0 TFL so far this season. He leads the Saints in tackles.
- Cameron Jordan has totaled 42 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 5.0 sacks so far this year. He’s fourth on the Saints in tackles.
- So far this season, Tyrann Mathieu has 50 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- In eight games played this year, Matthew Stafford has amassed 1,928 passing yards, with eight touchdowns against eight interceptions and completing 68.4% of his passes.
- Stafford has also rushed for one touchdown and 5 yards (10th on the Rams).
- Darrell Henderson has 274 rushing yards (leading the Rams) and three rushing touchdowns, while averaging 30.4 yards per game and 4.0 per attempt (46th in the NFL).
- Henderson has added 17 receptions (1.9 per game) for 102 yards (11.3 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 22 times in the passing attack.
- This season, Allen Robinson II has caught 29 passes for 292 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 47 total times and is averaging 3.2 receptions per game in nine games played.
- Tyler Higbee has been targeted 65 times, resulting in 44 catches for 385 yards and zero receiving touchdowns.
- Bobby Wagner has put up 3.0 sacks (second on the Rams) to go with 3.0 TFL and 73 tackles through nine games in 2022.
- Jalen Ramsey has 2.0 sacks (fourth on the Rams) to go with 3.0 TFL, 41 tackles, and one interception.
- Aaron Donald has 42 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two passes defended in the 2022 campaign.
- Ernest Jones’ stats include 66 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended in nine games
Saints vs. Rams Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Saints, and we project that Saints will cover the spread (Saints -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 39 points.
How to Bet on Saints vs. Rams
You can bet on Saints vs. Rams at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Saints vs. Rams picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.