The New Orleans Saints (0-0) and the Atlanta Falcons (0-0) — two NFC South combatants — meet on Sunday, September 11, 2022 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Saints vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Saints as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Saints have -215 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at +185 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43 points.
How to Watch Saints vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- The Saints averaged 5.6 fewer points per game (21.4) than the Falcons allowed (27.0) last season.
- When New Orleans scored over 27.0 points last year, it went 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- The Saints’ offense racked up 59.9 fewer yards per game than the Falcons’ defense allowed last season (304.5 to 364.4). The Saints earned 4.9 yards per play, while the Falcons allowed 5.6.
- New Orleans was 3-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall when the team churned out more than 364.4 yards last year.
- The Falcons’ defense gave up an average of 131.9 yards to opposing running games last season. That is 14.8 more yards than the Saints averaged running the football (117.1).
- When New Orleans rushed for over 131.9 yards last season, it had a 5-2 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record.
- The Falcons’ average points scored last season (18.4) and the Saints’ average points conceded (19.7) were within 1.3 points.
- Atlanta was 4-5 against the spread and 6-3 overall in games when it scored over 19.7 points last season.
- The Falcons’ offense accumulated 303.8 yards per game last season, within 14.4 yards of the 318.2 the Saints’ defense allowed. The Falcons picked up 5.1 yards per play and the Saints gave up 5.1.
- When Atlanta totaled more than 318.2 yards last season, the team was 3-4 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- The Saints allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 93.5 yards per game last year, compared to the 85.4 yards the Falcons gained on the ground.
- Last year Atlanta had a 4-4 ATS record and a 3-5 overall record in games the team ran for more than 93.5 yards.
Saints vs. Falcons Injury Report
Saints: No Injuries Listed
Falcons: No Injuries Listed
Saints vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
Saints Betting Insights
- The Saints covered the spread nine times in 17 games last season.
- The Saints won once ATS (1-2) as a 5.5-point favorite or greater last year.
- New Orleans was favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They went 5-3 in those games.
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -215 or shorter, New Orleans had a record of 3-2 (60%).
- The Saints had seven of its 17 games go over the point total last year.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Falcons posted a 6-11-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Falcons won once ATS (1-5-1) as underdogs of 5.5 points or more last year.
- Atlanta won three, or 27.3%, of the 11 games it played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, Atlanta won one of its seven games when it was the underdog by at least +185 on the moneyline.
- Last year, seven of the Falcons’ 17 games went over the point total.
Saints vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.3||43.4||43.2|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||24.6||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||1-2||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-5||2-3||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||46.9||46.3||47.6|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||25.9||27.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-2||2-2||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-8||0-4||3-4|
Players to Watch
- Alvin Kamara rushed for four touchdowns last year, and had 898 total rushing yards (69.1 per game and 3.7 per attempt).
- On top of his impact in the run game, Kamara caught 47 passes (on 67 targets) for 439 yards, with five receiving touchdowns. He averaged 33.8 yards per game.
- Taysom Hill had 52 receiving yards on four receptions, while being targeted six times.
- Jameis Winston threw for 1,170 yards last year, 14 touchdowns and three interceptions. He completed 59.0% of his passes while averaging 167.1 yards per game and 7.3 per attempt.
- Winston also rushed for one touchdown and 166 yards.
- Marquez Callaway had 698 receiving yards and six touchdowns from 46 receptions on 84 targets.
- Cameron Jordan recorded 12.5 sacks to go with 13.0 TFL and 59 tackles over 16 games in 2021.
- Demario Davis had 3.0 sacks in addition to his 13.0 TFL and 105 tackles over 16 games.
- During his 2021 season for the Chiefs, Tyrann Mathieu had 76 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three interceptions over 16 games.
- Marshon Lattimore totaled 68 tackles and three interceptions.
- Cordarrelle Patterson got things done in the ground game last season, rushing for 618 yards and six touchdowns in 16 games.
- In the receiving game, Patterson added 548 yards and five touchdowns on 52 catches.
- On 110 targets, Kyle Pitts had 68 catches (4.0 per game) for 1,026 yards and one TD in 17 games.
- In 16 games with the Raiders last season, Bryan Edwards turned 59 targets into 34 receptions, 571 yards and three touchdowns.
- As a key cog in the passing offense, Olamide Zaccheaus compiled 406 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 31 catches.
- With 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL, 80 tackles, and three interceptions in 16 games, A.J. Terrell was a key player on defense.
- With one interception to go with 51 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and five passes defended in 14 games, Lorenzo Carter was a key player on the Giants’ defense last season.
- Erik Harris registered 64 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and eight passes defended in 12 games.
- Grady Jarrett was a significant player on D last season, with 58 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one pass defended.
Saints vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Saints, and we project that Saints will cover the spread (Saints -5.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 43 points.
How to Bet on Saints vs. Falcons
You can bet on Saints vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Saints vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.