An NFC South battle between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-6) and New Orleans Saints (4-8) is on the calendar for Monday, December 5, 2022 at Raymond James Stadium.
Buccaneers vs. Saints Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with sportsbooks listing the Buccaneers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Buccaneers have -175 odds to pick up the win, while the Saints are listed at +150 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 41 points.
How to Watch Buccaneers vs. Saints Live?
- Game Day: Monday, December 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
The Buccaneers are putting up 339.1 yards per game offensively this season (18th in NFL), and they are allowing 315.2 yards per game (ninth) on the other side of the ball. The Buccaneers are totaling 18.2 points per game on offense this year (27th in NFL), and they are giving up 18.5 points per game (sixth) on defense.
The Buccaneers sport the sixth-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (191.8 allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking fifth-best with 266.1 passing yards per game. While the Buccaneers’ run defense ranks 20th with 123.4 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking worst (73.0 rushing yards per game).
The Buccaneers rank 23rd in third-down efficiency (38.0%) on offense and ninth in third-down percentage allowed (37.4%) on defense this year. The Buccaneers are giving up 5.0 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (seventh in the NFL), while putting up 5.1 per play (24th in the league) on offense this season. With 11 forced turnovers (25th in NFL) against nine turnovers committed (first in NFL), the Buccaneers (+2) own the eighth-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The Saints rank 15th with 347.3 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 12th with 326.4 total yards given up per contest on defense. From an offensive standpoint, the Saints are posting 20.8 points per contest (20th-ranked). They rank 19th in the NFL on defense (23.3 points allowed per game).
With 233.9 passing yards per game on offense, the Saints rank 11th in the NFL. On defense, they rank seventh, giving up 197.3 passing yards per contest. With 113.3 rushing yards per game on offense, the Saints rank 22nd in the NFL. Defensively they rank 22nd, giving up 129.1 rushing yards per game.
With a 40.0% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Saints rank 16th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 12th, surrendering a 38.8% third-down rate. The Saints rank ninth in the NFL with 5.7 yards per play on offense, and they rank ninth with 5.2 yards given up per play on the defensive side of the ball. At -14, the Saints sport the worst turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Buccaneers vs. Saints Injury Report
|Tristan Wirfs||OT||Lower leg||Out|
Buccaneers vs. Saints Betting Analysis
Buccaneers Betting Insights
The Buccaneers have covered the spread in a matchup three times this season (3-7-1). The Buccaneers have an ATS record of 1-4-1 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
Buccaneers games have gone over the total twice this season. The Buccaneers put together a 13-4 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 76.5% of those games).
The Buccaneers went 12-3 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -175 or shorter (80%).
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have covered the spread in a game four times this season (4-8-0). In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Saints have an ATS record of 1-3.
This season, Saints games have hit the over six times. This season, the Saints have won one out of the eight games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Saints have been at least a +150 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
Buccaneers vs. Saints Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.5||44.9||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||24.8||24.5||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-6||3-3||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||43.3||43.9||42.4|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||23.1||22.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-1||2-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-7||1-4||0-3|
Players to Watch
- Tom Brady has 3,051 passing yards (fourth in the NFL), 14 touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He has completed 66.2% of his attempts, averaging 277.4 yards per game and 6.5 per attempt.
- Mike Evans’ 702 receiving yards this season have come from 85 targets and 51 receptions. He’s averaging 70.2 receiving yards and 5.1 catches per game, with three receiving touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin has two touchdown catches this season, and has 60 catches for 585 yards on 86 targets, while averaging 6.7 catches and 65.0 yards per game.
- Rachaad White has rushed for 286 yards, averaging 26.0 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- White’s 34 receiving targets have resulted in 29 receptions (2.6 per game) for 180 yards (16.4 per game) and zero TDs.
- Over on defense, Devin White has 89 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and five passes defended in 2022.
- Lavonte David has 77 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this season.
- This season, Antoine Winfield Jr. has recorded 3.0 sacks (fourth on the Buccaneers) in addition to his 6.0 TFL, 51 tackles, and one interception.
- So far this season, Mike Edwards has 64 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions. He’s third on the Buccaneers in tackles.
- Andy Dalton has passed for 2,023 yards this year, with 14 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He is completing 66.4% of his attempts while averaging 224.8 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt.
- Alvin Kamara averages 52.4 rushing yards per game through 10 games (524 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- Kamara has added 49 receptions (4.9 per game) for 422 yards (42.2 per game) with two receiving touchdowns. He’s been targeted 65 times in the passing attack.
- Through 11 games played this season, Chris Olave has 56 catches (5.1 receptions per game on 8.4 targets per game) for 822 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Taysom Hill has 31 receiving yards and one touchdown from five receptions after getting eight targets.
- Demario Davis’ 2022 output includes 76 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 7.0 sacks in 12 games. He leads the Saints in tackles.
- Cameron Jordan has 5.0 sacks (second on the Saints) to go with 7.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Kaden Elliss has 48 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and two passes defended during the 2022 season.
- Tyrann Mathieu’s season stats include 59 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two interceptions in 12 games. He is third on the Saints in tackles.
Buccaneers vs. Saints Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Buccaneers, and we expect that Buccaneers will cover the spread (Buccaneers -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 41 points.
How to Bet on Buccaneers vs. Saints
You can bet on Buccaneers vs. Saints at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Buccaneers vs. Saints picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.