The New Orleans Saints (2-3) stay home at Caesars Superdome on Sunday, October 16, 2022 to play the Cincinnati Bengals (2-3).
Bengals vs. Saints Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with sportsbooks listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -145 odds to pick up the win, while the Saints are listed at +125 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42.5 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Saints Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
The Bengals are totaling 335.6 yards per game offensively this year (21st in NFL), and they are surrendering 327.0 yards per game (13th) on defense. The Bengals are totaling 21.6 points per game on offense this season (16th in NFL), and they are allowing 17.8 points per game (eighth) on the other side of the ball.
The Bengals are putting up 243.8 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 11th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 19th, allowing 227.4 passing yards per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Bengals rank 26th in the NFL with 91.8 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank seventh in rushing yards allowed per contest (99.6).
The Bengals have the ninth-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (32.8% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking fourth-best with a 45.8% third-down conversion rate. The Bengals rank fourth-worst in offensive yards per play (4.8), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking ninth with 5.2 yards per play allowed. The Bengals have forced eight total turnovers (eighth in NFL) this season and have turned it over seven times (18th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +1, ninth-ranked in the league.
From an offensive standpoint, the Saints are posting 379.0 total yards per game (seventh-ranked). They rank 17th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (341.8 total yards given up per game). From an offensive standpoint, the Saints are accumulating 23.0 points per contest (12th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (25.6 points surrendered per game).
From an offensive perspective, the Saints are putting up 242.4 passing yards per game (12th-ranked). They rank 12th in the NFL defensively (211.8 passing yards surrendered per game). The Saints rank 10th in the NFL with 136.6 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank 23rd with 130.0 rushing yards allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
The Saints’ defense has been excelling on third down, allowing a 29.9% third-down conversion rate (second-best). Offensively, they rank 14th in the NFL with a 39.7% third-down rate. The Saints’ offense has been thriving in terms of yards per play, piling up 6.0 (fifth-best) this season. On defense, they rank 15th by surrendering 5.5 yards per play. At -8, the Saints have the worst turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Bengals vs. Saints Injury Report
Bengals vs. Saints Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals have compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season. The Bengals have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
Bengals games have yet to go over the total once this season. The Bengals won five of the eight games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (62.5%).
The Bengals went 4-2 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -145 or shorter (66.7%).
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have put together a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season. The Saints have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
Saints games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year. The Saints have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Saints have played as an underdog of +125 or more once this season and lost that game.
Bengals vs. Saints Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.9||46.8||45.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.0||26.5||25.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.1||43.5||42.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.4||23.7||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-2||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow has 1,316 passing yards in five games this year, averaging 263.2 per game with a 64.9% completion percentage and nine touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) against five interceptions.
- To go along with his passing stats, Burrow also has 85 rushing yards (second on the Bengals), with one rushing touchdown.
- Joe Mixon averages 3.1 yards per carry (54th in the NFL) and 60.4 yards per game, and has 302 total rushing yards. He has scored one rushing TD this season.
- He has also caught 20 passes (on 27 targets) for 126 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 25.2 receiving yards and 4.0 catches per game.
- Through five games played, Ja’Marr Chase is averaging 68.6 yards and 6.4 receptions per game to total 343 receiving yards and 32 catches (ninth in the NFL). He’s been targeted 53 times, and has two receiving touchdowns.
- Tee Higgins averages 4.0 receptions and 63.0 yards per game, and has 315 total receiving yards and 20 catches. He’s gotten 28 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- Over on defense, Vonn Bell has 29 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three interceptions in 2022.
- Logan Wilson has 1.0 TFL, 32 tackles, and one interception.
- Trey Hendrickson has put up 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks so far this year.
- Germaine Pratt has 30 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three passes defended.
- So far this year, Taysom Hill has one reception for 2 yards without a receiving touchdown. He has been targeted one time and averages 0.3 catches per game through four games played.
- Chris Olave has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 25 catches for 389 yards and two receiving touchdowns through five games played. He has been on the receiving end of 42 targets and is averaging 5.0 receptions per game.
- Through three games this season, Jameis Winston has totaled 858 passing yards, while throwing four touchdowns against five interceptions and completing 63.5% of his passes.
- Michael Thomas has 171 receiving yards and three touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) from 16 receptions after receiving 22 targets.
- Pete Werner’s 2022 effort includes 47 tackles in five games. He leads the Saints and is ninth in the NFL in tackles.
- Demario Davis has 2.5 sacks (second on the Saints) to go with 2.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Cameron Jordan has 23 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in the 2022 season.
- Tyrann Mathieu has totaled 26 tackles and one interception.
Bengals vs. Saints Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Bengals, and we expect that Bengals will cover the spread (Bengals -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42.5 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Saints
You can bet on Bengals vs. Saints at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Saints picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.