On Sunday, October 16, 2022, the New York Giants (4-1) challenge the Baltimore Ravens (3-2) at MetLife Stadium.
Ravens vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Ravens as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Ravens have -240 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +200 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 46 points.
How to Watch Ravens vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Despite sporting a bottom-five defense that ranks fifth-worst in the NFL (397.8 yards allowed per game), the Ravens have played better offensively, ranking 14th in the NFL by totaling 352.4 yards per game. The Ravens rank 18th in scoring defense this season (23.4 points allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 27.6 points per game.
The Ravens have the 21st-ranked passing offense this season (207.8 passing yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking worst with 289.8 passing yards allowed per game. Offensively, the Ravens rank seventh in the NFL with 144.6 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in rushing yards allowed per contest (108.0).
The Ravens are putting up a 41.4% third-down percentage on offense this year (ninth in NFL), and they are surrendering a 34.5% third-down percentage (11th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Ravens rank 25th in yards per play allowed this year (6.0), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 6.1 yards per play. The Ravens have forced 11 total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (10th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +5, the second-best in the NFL.
The Giants rank 22nd with 333.2 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 12th with 326.0 total yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Giants rank 19th in the NFL with 20.6 points per contest on offense, and they rank ninth with 18.6 points ceded per game on defense.
The Giants rank second-worst in passing yards per game (154.2), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth in the NFL with 194.4 passing yards ceded per contest. The Giants’ run offense has been thriving, piling up 179.0 rushing yards per game (second-best) this season. Defensively, they rank 25th by giving up 131.6 rushing yards per game.
The Giants’ third-down defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with a 31.1% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, they are putting up a 35.9% third-down rate, which ranks 25th. In terms of yards per play, the Giants rank 19th in the NFL (5.3) and 15th on defense (5.5 yards allowed per play). The Giants sport a +1 turnover margin this season, which ranks ninth in the NFL.
Ravens vs. Giants Injury Report
Ravens vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens are 3-2-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Ravens have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
Ravens games have gone over the total twice this season. The Ravens finished 6-5 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 54.5% of those games).
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -240 or shorter, the Ravens had a record of 3-2 (60%).
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have covered the spread four times over five games with a set spread. The Giants are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
Games involving the Giants have hit the over twice this season. This season, the Giants have been listed as the underdog in three games but won them all.
The Giants have played as an underdog of +200 or more once this season and won that game.
Ravens vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.2||47.3||44.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25.2||25.7||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-1||1-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||41.5||40.5||43.0|
|Implied Total AVG||22.6||20.7||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-0||1-0||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Lamar Jackson has 1,067 passing yards, 12 touchdowns (third in the NFL) and five interceptions this year. He has completed 63.8% of his attempts, averaging 213.4 yards per game and 7.2 per attempt.
- He has added 374 rushing yards (74.8 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Mark Andrews has 32 receptions (ninth in the NFL) for 349 yards and four TDs. In five games, he is averaging 6.4 catches and 69.8 yards per game.
- In five games played, Devin Duvernay is averaging 45.2 yards and 3.4 receptions per game on the way to 226 receiving yards and 17 catches. He’s been targeted 20 times, and has three receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- Rashod Bateman averages 2.8 receptions and 60.8 yards per game, and has 243 total receiving yards and 11 catches. He’s gotten 22 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- On defense, Patrick Queen has 1.5 sacks (second on the Ravens) to go with 2.0 TFL, 30 tackles, and one interception in 2022.
- Chuck Clark has 37 tackles.
- This season, Odafe Oweh has put up 1.0 sack (fourth on the Ravens) to go with 3.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Marlon Humphrey has two interceptions (seventh in the NFL) with 23 tackles and two passes defended.
- This year through five games, Saquon Barkley has churned out 533 rushing yards (leading the Giants and second in the NFL) and scored three rushing touchdowns. He averages 106.6 yards per game and 5.5 per carry (11th in the NFL).
- On top of his impact in the run game, Barkley has caught 18 passes (on 23 targets) for 143 yards (third on the Giants). He’s averaging 28.6 yards per game.
- Daniel Jones has 848 passing yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. His completion percentage is 66.7% and he averages 169.6 yards per game and 6.4 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 230 rushing yards (second on the Giants), with two touchdowns on the ground (averaging 46.0 yards per game and 5.6 per carry).
- So far this season, Daniel Bellinger has caught 10 passes for 101 receiving yards with one touchdown through the air. He has been targeted 12 total times and is averaging 2.0 receptions per game through five games played.
- Richie James Jr. has 171 receiving yards from 17 receptions after getting 22 targets.
- Julian Love’s 2022 effort includes 33 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in five games. He leads the Giants in tackles.
- Dexter Lawrence has 21 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks. He is fifth on the Giants in tackles.
- Jihad Ward has 1.0 sack (third on the Giants) in addition to his 4.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Tae Crowder’s stat sheet includes 28 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in five games
Ravens vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Ravens, and we project that Ravens will cover the spread (Ravens -5.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 46 points.
How to Bet on Ravens vs. Giants
You can bet on Ravens vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ravens vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.