A reeling Arizona Cardinals (1-6) team hosts the Baltimore Ravens (5-2) on Sunday, October 29, 2023 at State Farm Stadium. The Cardinals have lost four straight games.
Ravens vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Ravens as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Ravens have -500 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +380 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 44.5 points.
How to Watch Ravens vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 29, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
On the defensive side of the ball, the Ravens have been a top-five unit, ranking second-best by giving up just 271.7 yards per game. They rank ninth on offense (362.6 yards per game). The Ravens rank 10th in points scored this season (24.4 points per game), but they’ve been thriving on defense, ranking best in the NFL with 13.9 points allowed per game.
The Ravens rank 16th in passing yards this season (217.6 per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking second-best in the NFL with 176 passing yards allowed per game. The Ravens own the ninth-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (95.7 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking third-best with 145 rushing yards per game.
The Ravens rank 11th in third-down defense this year (36.9% third-down percentage allowed), but they’ve been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 46.3% third-down conversion rate. The Ravens have the best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (4.1), while their offense is ranked sixth, picking up 5.7 per play. With nine forced turnovers (15th in NFL) against 10 turnovers committed (17th in NFL), the Ravens (-1) own the 16th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
The Cardinals’ defense has been bottom-five in total defense this season, ceding 368.3 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst. Offensively, they rank 19th with 319.9 total yards per contest. In terms of points scored the Cardinals rank 24th in the NFL (18.1 points per game), and they are 26th on defense (26 points allowed per game).
The Cardinals’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 180.9 passing yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, surrendering 237.6 passing yards per contest (23rd-ranked). The Cardinals rank sixth in the NFL with 139 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank 25th with 130.7 rushing yards surrendered per contest on defense.
The Cardinals’ defense has been a bottom-five unit on third down this season, ceding a 46.4% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 17th with a 46.4% third-down rate. The Cardinals rank 15th in the NFL with 5.2 yards per play on offense, and they rank 27th with 5.7 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball. With 10 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) and seven turnovers committed (ninth in NFL) this season, the Cardinals rank 10th in the NFL with a turnover margin of +3.
Ravens vs. Cardinals Injury Report
|Josh Johnson||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jalyn Armour-Davis||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Sam Mustipher||C||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Tylan Wallace||WR||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Blake Whiteheart||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Kei’Trel Clark||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
Ravens vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens have gone 5-2-0 against the spread this season. The Ravens have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
Ravens games have gone over the total twice this season.
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals are 3-4-0 against the spread this year. The Cardinals have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
Games involving Cardinals have hit the over four times this year. The Cardinals have entered the game as underdogs seven times this season and won once.
The Cardinals have entered two games this season as the underdog by +380 or more and are 1-1 in those contests.
Ravens vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.6||43.5||41.9|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.1||25.3||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-2||2-1||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||43.3||43||43.5|
|Implied Team Total AVG||26.1||25||27|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||1-2||0-4|
Players to Watch
- Lamar Jackson has 1,610 passing yards in seven games this year, averaging 230 per game with a 71% completion percentage and eight touchdowns against three interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 363 yards (first on the Ravens) and added five touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 51.9 rushing yards per game.
- Mark Andrews has 28 catches for 357 yards and five TDs. In six games, he is averaging 4.7 catches and 59.5 yards per game.
- Through seven games, Gus Edwards has amassed 346 rushing yards, averaging 49.4 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- Edwards has received five targets in the passing game and has four catches (0.6 per game) for 93 yards (13.3 per game) and zero TDs.
- Zay Flowers has put up 442 receiving yards and one touchdown with 39 catches on 54 targets. He’s averaging 5.6 receptions and 63.1 yards per game.
- On defense, Roquan Smith has 71 tackles, three TFL, 1.5 sacks, and five passes defended in 2023.
- Patrick Queen has 58 tackles, five TFL, and 3.5 sacks this season.
- Kyle Hamilton has collected 32 tackles, five TFL, three sacks, and one interception this year. He’s fourth on the Ravens in tackles.
- So far this season, Justin Madubuike has 23 tackles, five TFL, and 5.5 sacks.
- Joshua Dobbs is averaging 5.9 passing yards per attempt (29th in the NFL) and 194.4 yards per game this year, completing 62% of his passes on the way to 1,361 total yards, six touchdowns and three interceptions through seven games.
- On the ground, Dobbs has added two rushing touchdowns and 232 rushing yards (second on the Cardinals).
- Marquise Brown has 32 catches for 383 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 60 times and averages 4.6 receptions per game in seven games played.
- Michael Wilson has put up 343 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 21 receptions, while being targeted 27 times this season.
- Rondale Moore has 17 catches for 113 yards without a receiving touchdown. He averages 2.4 yards per game in seven games and has been targeted 28 times.
- In 2023, Kyzir White has amassed 60 tackles, seven TFL, two sacks, and one interception over seven games.
- Dennis Gardeck has four sacks (first on the Cardinals) to go with six TFL and 22 tackles.
- Marco Wilson has 39 tackles and three passes defended during the 2023 campaign.
- Zaven Collins’ season stats include 15 tackles, three TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception in seven games.
Ravens vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Ravens, and we project that Ravens will cover the spread (Ravens -9.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 44.5 points.
How to Bet on Ravens vs. Cardinals
You can bet this Ravens vs. Cardinals pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ravens vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.