The Chicago Bears (2-4), who are skidding through a three-game losing streak, head into a bout against the New England Patriots (3-3) on Monday, October 24, 2022 at Gillette Stadium.
Patriots vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 8.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Patriots as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Patriots have -360 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +295 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 40 points.
How to Watch Patriots vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Monday, October 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
Offensively, the Patriots rank 13th in the NFL with 354.7 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in total defense (337.8 yards allowed per contest). Offensively, the Patriots rank 12th in the NFL with 23.5 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank seventh in points allowed (337.8 points allowed per contest).
The Patriots are putting up 223.3 passing yards per game on offense (18th in the NFL), and they rank 15th on the other side of the ball with 218.8 passing yards allowed per game. The Patriots are totaling 131.3 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 17th, allowing 119.0 rushing yards per game.
The Patriots are averaging a 40.6% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 14th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 19th, allowing a 40.7% third-down percentage. The Patriots are surrendering 5.4 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (13th in the NFL), while accumulating 5.9 per play (seventh in the league) on offense this season. With 12 forced turnovers (third in NFL) against 11 turnovers committed (29th in NFL), the Patriots (+1) have the 13th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The Bears have been struggling on offense, ranking fifth-worst with 293.7 total yards per game. They have been more productive defensively, giving up 341.7 total yards per contest (16th-ranked). The Bears’ offense has been bottom-five this season, generating 15.5 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 11th with 19.7 points surrendered per contest.
The Bears rank worst in passing yards per game on offense (122.8), but at least they’ve been shutting down opposing offenses on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in passing yards surrendered per contest (178.7). While the Bears’ run defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking fourth-worst by giving up 163.0 rushing yards per game, their offense is the second-best at 170.8 rushing yards per contest.
The Bears’ defense has been a bottom-five unit on third down this season, allowing a 46.2% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 24th with a 46.2% third-down rate. The Bears are compiling 5.3 yards per play on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.4 yards per play (13th-ranked) on defense. The Bears have compiled eight forced turnovers (13th in NFL) and committed 10 turnovers (27th in NFL) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 21st in the NFL.
Patriots vs. Bears Injury Report
Patriots vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Patriots Betting Insights
The Patriots have gone 3-2-1 against the spread this season.
This season, Patriots games have hit the over three times. The Patriots were the moneyline favorite 12 total times last season. They went 8-4 in those games.
The Patriots played as a moneyline favorite of -360 or shorter in just two games last season, and they won both.
Bears Betting Insights
The Bears have covered the spread twice in six games with a set spread. The Bears have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
This season, Bears games have hit the over twice. The Bears have won one of the five games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Bears have not won as an underdog of +295 or more on the moneyline this season in two such games.
Patriots vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.6||46.3||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||24.5||23.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||1-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||0-1||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||40.3||39.0||41.7|
|Implied Total AVG||22.8||21.3||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||1-1||0-3|
Players to Watch
- Rhamondre Stevenson has totaled 448 rushing yards (seventh in the NFL) with three touchdowns (74.7 yards per game across six games). His 5.1 yards per attempt rank 17th in the league.
- Stevenson has 21 targets, 17 catches, 86 receiving yards and zero TDs in the passing game.
- Damien Harris‘ rushing statline this season includes 257 yards and three TDs. He’s averaging 51.4 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (30th in the NFL).
- Jakobi Meyers has one touchdown catch this season, and has 24 receptions for 321 yards on 31 targets, while averaging 6.0 catches and 80.3 yards per game.
- Mac Jones has passed for 786 yards, two touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 262.0 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt, while completing 66.0%.
- He has added 37 rushing yards (12.3 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Over on the defensive side, Matthew Judon has 22 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks in 2022.
- Deatrich Wise has 24 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 5.0 sacks so far this season. He’s fourth on the Patriots in tackles.
- Jack Jones has put up two interceptions (ninth in the NFL) and added 14 tackles and four passes defended.
- So far this season, Kyle Dugger has 21 tackles and one interception.
- Justin Fields is averaging 7.6 passing yards per attempt (11th in the NFL) and 144.8 yards per game this year, completing 54.8% of his passes on the way to 869 total yards, four touchdowns and five interceptions through six games.
- He’s added 282 yards on the ground (second on the Bears), with one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 47.0 yards per game and 5.2 per attempt.
- Khalil Herbert has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 403 rushing yards (6.4 per attempt and 67.2 per game).
- This season in five games, David Montgomery has churned out 246 rushing yards (third on the Bears) and scored one rushing touchdown. He averages 49.2 yards per game and 4.0 per attempt (42nd in the NFL).
- In addition to his rushing stats, Montgomery has pulled down 10 passes (on 11 targets) for 113 yards (fourth on the Bears). He averages 22.6 yards per game.
- Dante Pettis has five catches for 135 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 0.8 yards per game through six games and has been targeted 13 times.
- Roquan Smith has intercepted one pass and also has 66 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Eddie Jackson has three interceptions on top of 43 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended. He’s third in the NFL in interceptions.
- During the 2022 season, Jaquan Brisker has 35 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in six games.
- Nicholas Morrow has 45 tackles and 2.0 TFL.
Patriots vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Patriots, and we expect that Patriots will cover the spread (Patriots -8.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 40 points.
How to Bet on Patriots vs. Bears
You can bet on Patriots vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Patriots vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.