MetLife Stadium is where the Carolina Panthers (0-1) will square off against the New York Giants (1-0) on Sunday, September 18, 2022.
Giants vs. Panthers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2 points, with oddsmakers listing the Giants as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Giants have -120 odds to pick up the win, while the Panthers are listed at +100 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43.5 points.
How to Watch Giants vs. Panthers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
- The Panthers allowed their opponents to score 23.8 points per game last season, 8.6 more than the 15.2 the Giants scored per contest.
- New York was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it scored over 23.8 points last year.
- The average number of yards the Giants’ offense put up and the Panthers’ defense gave up last season was within 18.6 yards (287.3 compared to 305.9). The Giants averaged 4.7 yards per play, while the Panthers gave up 5.1.
- In games that New York picked up over 305.9 yards last season, the team was 2-4 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The Giants averaged 99.3 yards on the ground last year, 14.5 yards fewer than the Panthers allowed to opposing rushing attacks (113.8).
- Last season New York had a 2-3 ATS record and a 1-4 overall record in games the team rushed for over 113.8 yards.
- The Giants gave up 24.5 points per game last season, 6.6 more than the 17.9 the Panthers scored.
- When Carolina recorded over 24.5 points last season, it was 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- The Panthers’ offense gained 55.9 fewer yards per game than the Giants’ defense conceded last year (298.9 to 354.8). The Panthers earned 4.6 yards per play, while the Giants surrendered 5.3.
- In games that Carolina totaled more than 354.8 yards last season, the team was 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- The Giants’ defense allowed an average of 129.0 yards to opposing running games last year. That is 20.6 more yards than the Panthers gained running the football (108.4).
- When Carolina rushed for over 129.0 yards last year it had a 2-1 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record.
Giants vs. Panthers Injury Report
Giants: DB Jason Pinnock: Out (Shoulder), WR Kadarius Toney: Questionable (Hamstring), C Nick Gates: Out (Leg), OLB Azeez Ojulari: Doubtful (Calf), CB Nick McCloud: Out (Hamstring), OLB Kayvon Thibodeaux: Doubtful (Mcl), WR Wan’Dale Robinson: Out (Knee), OT Matt Peart: Out (Acl), CB Aaron Robinson: Out (Appendix)
Panthers: WR Andre Roberts: Out (Knee), WR Shi Smith: Questionable (Groin), LB Brandon Smith: Doubtful (Thigh)
Giants vs. Panthers Betting Analysis
Giants Betting Insights
- The Giants’ record against the spread last season was 6-11-0.
- The Giants didn’t have a win ATS (0-1) as a 2-point favorite or greater last season.
- New York was the moneyline favorite only one time last season, a game it lost.
- New York played as a moneyline favorite of -120 or shorter in just one game last season, which it lost.
- The Giants had five of its 17 games hit the over last year.
Panthers Betting Insights
- The Panthers had five wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- The Panthers won twice ATS (2-7) as underdogs of 2 points or more last year.
- Last season, Carolina was the underdog 10 times and won three of those games.
- Carolina was 3-7 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +100 or more on the moneyline.
- There were eight Panthers games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
Giants vs. Panthers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.4||44.1||44.6|
|Implied Total AVG||25.6||24.6||26.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-12||3-4||1-8|
|Point Total AVG||43.6||43.9||43.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||24.1||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-5||1-3||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-7||1-3||2-4|
Players to Watch
- Daniel Jones averaged 6.7 passing yards per attempt (35th in the NFL) and 220.7 yards per game last year, completing 64.3% of his passes on the way to 2,428 total yards, 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 11 games.
- On the ground, Jones added two rushing touchdowns and 298 rushing yards.
- Saquon Barkley scored two rushing touchdowns, while totaling 593 rushing yards (3.7 per attempt and 45.6 per game).
- Barkley also had 41 catches for 263 yards with two receiving touchdowns. He was targeted 57 times and averaged 20.2 yards per game.
- In six games for the Texans last season, Tyrod Taylor racked up 966 passing yards, with five touchdowns against five interceptions and completing 60.7% of his passes.
- He added 151 yards on the ground, while scoring three rushing touchdowns. He averaged 25.2 yards per game and 7.9 per attempt.
- Kenny Golladay had 521 receiving yards from 37 receptions on 76 targets.
- In 2021, Tae Crowder recorded 130 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions over 17 games.
- Xavier McKinney had 93 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five interceptions.
- In the 2021 campaign, Leonard Williams had 82 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks over 17 games.
- Azeez Ojulari had 8.0 sacks as well as 8.0 TFL and 49 tackles.
- In addition to his 3,010 passing yards and 60.5% completion percentage last year for the Browns, Baker Mayfield tallied 17 touchdowns against 13 interceptions.
- Mayfield also generated offense on the ground, running for 134 yards (3.6 YPC) and one touchdown.
- In 17 games, D.J. Moore was targeted 163 times, leading to 93 receptions, 1,157 yards and four touchdowns.
- Chuba Hubbard rushed for 612 yards (36.0 yards per game) and five TDs.
- In the receiving game, Hubbard reeled in 25 balls on 37 targets for 174 yards and one touchdown.
- Christian McCaffrey picked up 442 rushing yards (63.1 per game) with one touchdown in seven games.
- The pass-catching skills of McCaffrey led to 37 catches (on 41 targets) for 343 yards and one touchdown.
- Last year with the Vikings, Xavier Woods registered 108 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three interceptions in 17 games.
- Shaq Thompson played in 14 games, delivering two interceptions to go along with 104 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
- In 16 games, Jeremy Chinn recorded 107 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception.
- Damien Wilson was a significant player on D last season for the Jaguars, with one interception to go with 106 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
Giants vs. Panthers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Panthers, and we expect that Panthers will cover the spread (Giants -2). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 43.5 points.
How to Bet on Giants vs. Panthers
You can bet on Giants vs. Panthers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Giants vs. Panthers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.