The struggling Indianapolis Colts (3-5) take a three-game losing streak into a matchup against the Carolina Panthers (1-6) on Sunday, November 5, 2023 at Bank of America Stadium.
Colts vs. Panthers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -130 odds to pick up the win, while the Panthers are listed at +110 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Panthers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
The Colts sport the seventh-ranked offense this season (362.4 yards per game), and they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking fifth-worst with 371.3 yards allowed per game. The Colts have the sixth-ranked scoring offense this year (25.6 points per game), and they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking worst with 28.6 points allowed per game.
The Colts are totaling 233.4 passing yards per game on offense this year (13th in NFL), and they are surrendering 247.3 passing yards per game (25th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Colts rank ninth in run offense (129 rushing yards per game) and 23rd in run defense (124 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
The Colts are averaging a 40.2% third-down percentage on offense (16th in the NFL), and they rank ninth on defense with a 37.1% third-down percentage allowed. The Colts are giving up 5.3 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (19th in the NFL), while accumulating 5.4 per play (12th in the league) on offense this season. The Colts have forced 11 total turnovers (14th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 13 times (23rd in NFL) for a turnover margin of -2, 18th-ranked in the league.
With 284.6 total yards per game on offense, the Panthers rank 27th in the NFL in 2023. Defensively, they rank 12th, allowing 326 total yards per game. The Panthers’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 28.4 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 25th with 18.1 points per contest.
In terms of passing, the Panthers rank 24th in the NFL (194.3 passing yards per game) and sixth defensively (186.6 passing yards allowed per game). The Panthers’ defense has been bottom-five in run defense this season, surrendering 139.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 25th with 90.3 rushing yards per contest.
The Panthers rank 19th in the NFL with a 39.4% third-down conversion rate on offense, and eighth with a 35.4% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball. The Panthers’ offense has not been getting things done in terms of yards per play, ranking second-worst in the NFL at 4.3. They have been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, giving up 5.5 yards per play (22nd-ranked). At -2, the Panthers own the 18th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with six forced turnovers (29th in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (sixth in NFL).
Colts vs. Panthers Injury Report
|Jack Anderson||OG||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Will Mallory||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Ameer Speed||DB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Laviska Shenault Jr.||WR||Ankle||Out|
|David Long Jr.||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Nash Jensen||OG||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Ricky Lee||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
Colts vs. Panthers Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts have covered the spread four times over eight games with a set spread.
Colts games have gone over the total six times this season.
Panthers Betting Insights
The Panthers have covered the spread once in seven games with a set spread. In games they have played as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Panthers have an ATS record of 1-5-1.
Games involving Panthers have hit the over three times this season. This season, the Panthers have been the underdog seven times and won one of those games.
The Panthers have a record of 1-6 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +110 on the moneyline.
Colts vs. Panthers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.1||43.5||42.5|
|Implied Team Total AVG||22.9||22.8||23|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||1-4||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.4||43||43.6|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.9||23.3||26|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||1-2||0-4|
Players to Watch
- Zack Moss has racked up 589 rushing yards (third in the NFL) with five touchdowns (84.1 yards per game across seven games). His 4.7 yards per attempt rank 11th in the league.
- He has caught 16 passes (on 20 targets) for 123 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 17.6 receving yards and 2.3 catches per game.
- Gardner Minshew has 1,400 passing yards, seven touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He has completed 63.4% of his attempts, averaging 200 yards per game and 6.9 per attempt.
- He has rushed for 40 yards (fourth on the Colts) and added two touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 5.7 rushing yards per game.
- In the passing attack, Michael Pittman Jr., has totaled 529 receiving yards and three touchdowns after hauling in 50 balls on 78 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 66.1 yards and 6.3 receptions in eight games.
- Josh Downs averages five receptions and 59.1 yards per game, and has 473 total receiving yards and 40 catches. He’s gotten 56 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- On the defensive side, Kenny Moore II has one interception to go with 53 tackles, seven TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three passes defended in 2023.
- DeForest Buckner has four sacks (first on the Colts) in addition to his four TFL and 32 tackles.
- This season, Julian Blackmon has put up five TFL, 56 tackles, and two interceptions.
- This season, Samson Ebukam has 27 tackles, six TFL, and four sacks.
- This year, Adam Thielen has 57 receptions (sixth in the NFL) for 581 yards with four receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 70 times and averages 8.1 catches per game through seven games played.
- Bryce Young has 1,202 passing yards, seven touchdowns and four interceptions. His completion percentage is 64.3% and he averages 200.3 yards per game and 5.6 per attempt.
- Young also has 76 rushing yards (third on the Panthers).
- Chuba Hubbard is averaging 38.6 rushing yards per game this season (270 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- Hubbard has helped in the passing game, picking up 85 receiving yards (12.1 per game) on 15 catches (2.1 per game), while being targeted 17 times. He is seeking his first receiving touchdown.
- D.J. Chark has been targeted 31 times, resulting in 15 catches for 220 yards .
- So far in 2023, Frankie Luvu has 53 tackles, seven TFL, and four sacks over seven games.
- Brian Burns has 21 tackles, seven TFL, and 4.5 sacks.
- C.J. Henderson has one sack (fourth on the Panthers) in addition to his three TFL and 34 tackles.
- Derrick Brown has put up one sack (fourth on the Panthers) to go with two TFL and 36 tackles over seven games.
Colts vs. Panthers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Colts, and we project that Colts will cover the spread (Colts -1.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Panthers
You can bet this Colts vs. Panthers pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Panthers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.