On Sunday, October 2, 2022, the Carolina Panthers (1-2) and the Arizona Cardinals (1-2) square off at Bank of America Stadium.
Panthers vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with bookmakers listing the Panthers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Panthers have -115 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at -105 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 43.5 points.
How to Watch Panthers vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
The Panthers rank third-worst in total offense (276.3 yards per game), but they’ve been slightly better on defense, ranking 18th with 348.7 yards allowed per game. The Panthers are totaling 20.7 points per game offensively this year (13th in NFL), and they are surrendering 19.7 points per game (12th) on the other side of the ball. The Panthers have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking second-worst with 161.3 passing yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 13th in the NFL (214.0 passing yards allowed per game). The Panthers rank 14th in run offense (115.0 rushing yards per game) and 22nd in run defense (134.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this year. The Panthers rank second-worst in third-down conversion rate (27.0%), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 18th with a 38.8% third-down percentage allowed. This season, the Panthers are gaining 5.1 yards per play (21st in the league), while surrendering 5.0 per play on the defensive side of the ball (ninth in the NFL). With three forced turnovers (18th in NFL) against three turnovers committed (seventh in NFL), the Panthers’ even turnover margin ranks 13th in the league.
The Cardinals rank 15th with 353.3 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 23rd with 383.7 total yards allowed per contest on defense. The Cardinals’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in scoring defense this season, conceding 29.0 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 13th with 20.7 points per contest. The Cardinals’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in pass defense this season, allowing 281.0 passing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 13th with 248.0 passing yards per contest. The Cardinals rank 17th in the NFL with 105.3 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank 11th with 102.7 rushing yards surrendered per game on the defensive side of the ball. The Cardinals have been unproductive on both sides of the ball on third down this season, ranking third-worst in third-down conversion rate (27.9%) and worst in third-down percentage allowed (51.9%). The Cardinals’ defense has been a bottom-five unit this season in terms of yards per play, allowing 6.7, which ranks worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 26th at 4.8 yards per play. After forcing three turnovers (18th in NFL) and turning the ball over one time (first in NFL) this season, the Cardinals sport the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +2.
Panthers vs. Cardinals Injury Report
Panthers: DE Marquis Haynes: Questionable (Knee), WR Laviska Shenault Jr.: Questionable (Hamstring), CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver III: Questionable (Achilles), RB Christian McCaffrey: Questionable (Thigh)
Cardinals: WR Marquise Brown: Questionable (Foot), ILB Zaven Collins: Questionable (Shoulder), WR Rondale Moore: Questionable (Hamstring), DT Rashard Lawrence: Out (Hand), ILB Ezekiel Turner: Out (Ankle), WR A.J. Green: Out (Knee), K Matt Prater: Questionable (Hip), FB Rodney Hudson: Questionable (Knee), DE J.J. Watt: Questionable (Calf)
Panthers vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Panthers Betting Insights
The Panthers have covered the spread in a game one time this season (1-2-0). The Panthers have yet to cover a spread (0-2) when playing as at least 1-point favorites. Panthers games have gone over the total once this season. The Panthers finished 2-5 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 28.6% of those games). The Panthers had a 2-5 record last year (winning just 28.6% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -115 or shorter.
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have gone 1-2-0 against the spread this year. In games they have played as 1-point underdogs or more, the Cardinals have an ATS record of 1-2. This year, Cardinals games have hit the over once. This season, the Cardinals have won one out of the three games in which they’ve been the underdog. This season, the Cardinals have won one of their three games when they’re the underdog by at least -105 on the moneyline.
Panthers vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.2||41.5||43.5|
|Implied Total AVG||21.7||21.0||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||51.7||51.3||52.5|
|Implied Total AVG||28.3||28.0||29.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||0-2||1-0|
Players to Watch
- Baker Mayfield has passed for 550 yards, three touchdowns and one interception this year. He averages 183.3 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt, while completing 51.9% of his passes.
- He has tacked on 40 rushing yards (13.3 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Christian McCaffrey averages 4.9 yards per carry (15th in the NFL) and 81.0 yards per game, and has 243 total rushing yards (fifth in the NFL). He has scored one rushing TD this season.
- McCaffrey has 10 catches on 13 targets for 57 yards. He has not scored a touchdown in the passing game.
- In three games played, Robby Anderson is averaging 49.3 yards and 3.0 receptions per game on the way to 148 receiving yards and nine catches. He’s been targeted 17 times, and has one receiving touchdown.
- D.J. Moore has 88 receiving yards and one touchdown with seven catches on 18 targets. He’s averaging 2.3 receptions and 29.3 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Frankie Luvu has 4.0 TFL and 21 tackles in 2022.
- Jeremy Chinn has 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
- Brian Burns has recorded 12 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks this year. He’s fifth on the Panthers in tackles.
- Xavier Woods has 23 tackles on the season.
- Kyler Murray is averaging 5.6 passing yards per attempt (32nd in the NFL) and 261.3 yards per game this year, completing 63.8% of his passes on the way to 784 total yards, three touchdowns and one interception through three games.
- He’s added 65 yards on the ground (fourth on the Cardinals), with one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 21.7 yards per game and 5.4 per attempt.
- Marquise Brown has 251 receiving yards and one touchdown on 24 receptions (fifth in the NFL), while being targeted 34 times.
- Greg Dortch has recorded 198 receiving yards and one touchdown on 20 receptions, while being targeted 23 times this season.
- James Conner averages 30.0 rushing yards per game over three games (90 total yards), with one rushing touchdown.
- Conner also has 73 receiving yards (24.3 per game) on 10 catches (3.3 per game). He has been targeted 15 times while he is still trying for his first receiving touchdown.
- So far in 2022, Budda Baker has 27 tackles through three games.
- Jalen Thompson’s stat sheet includes 26 tackles and one pass defended.
- Zaven Collins has 19 tackles.
- Byron Murphy’s stats include nine tackles in three games
Panthers vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Panthers, and we predict that Panthers will cover the spread (Panthers -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 43.5 points.
How to Bet on Panthers vs. Cardinals
You can bet on Panthers vs. Cardinals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Panthers vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.