One team is poised to right the ship when the Green Bay Packers (3-5) and Detroit Lions (1-6) battle on November 6, 2022, as both squads are on losing streaks. The Packers have lost four games in a row, while the Lions have coughed up five straight games.
Packers vs. Lions Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Packers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Packers have -195 odds to pick up the win, while the Lions are listed at +165 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49.5 points.
How to Watch Packers vs. Lions Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 6, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
The Packers are compiling 339.9 yards per game on offense (17th in NFL), and they rank eighth on the other side of the ball with 316.0 yards allowed per game. The Packers rank 26th in scoring offense (18.1 points per game) and 16th in scoring defense (21.6 points allowed per game) this year.
The Packers rank 22nd in passing yards this year (217.4 per game), but they’ve been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with 174.8 passing yards allowed per game. With 141.3 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL, the Packers have been forced to lean on their 15th-ranked running game (122.5 rushing yards per contest) to keep them in games.
The Packers sport the 22nd-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (37.4% percentage), and they’ve been better on defense, ranking second-best with a 29.9% third-down conversion rate allowed. The Packers rank 15th in offensive yards per play (5.4) and 13th in yards per play allowed (5.5) this year. With seven forced turnovers (27th in NFL) against 10 turnovers committed (15th in NFL), the Packers (-3) own the 23rd-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
Defensively, the Lions are bottom-five, surrendering 421.3 total yards per game (worst). On the bright side, they are dominating on the other side of the ball, posting 394.9 total yards per contest (third-best). The Lions have been struggling on defense, ranking worst with 32.1 points allowed per game. They have been more effective on the other side of the ball, posting 24.7 points per contest (ninth-ranked).
The Lions rank seventh in the NFL with 258.3 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 27th with 266.4 passing yards ceded per contest on defense. The Lions rank 10th in rushing yards per game (136.6), but they’ve been less productive defensively, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 154.9 rushing yards allowed per contest.
The Lions rank 23rd in third-down conversion rate (37.3%) on offense, but they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking worst in the NFL with a 50.6% third-down percentage allowed. On defense, the Lions are a bottom-five unit in terms of yards per play, giving up 6.5 (worst). Fortunately, they are thriving on the offensive side of the ball, accumulating 6.2 yards per play (third-best). The Lions have not done well in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of -5 is fourth-worst in the NFL.
Packers vs. Lions Injury Report
Packers vs. Lions Betting Analysis
Packers Betting Insights
The Packers are 3-5-0 against the spread this season. The Packers have an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
This season, three Packers games have gone over the point total. The Packers put together a 10-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
The Packers had an 8-1 record last year (winning 88.9% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -195 or shorter.
Lions Betting Insights
The Lions are 3-3-1 against the spread this year. The Lions are 2-1-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
Lions games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Lions have been underdogs in six games this season and won one (16.7%) of those contests.
This season, the Lions have been at least a +165 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Packers vs. Lions Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.3||42.3||44.4|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.8||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-3||2-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||0-0||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||49.5||49.4||49.7|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||26.3||27.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-5||1-2||0-3|
Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers has 1,800 passing yards through eight games this year, averaging 225.0 per game with a 66.4% completion percentage and 13 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) against four interceptions.
- Aaron Jones has collected 575 rushing yards (seventh in the NFL) with one touchdown (71.9 yards per game across eight games). His 5.9 yards per attempt rank seventh in the league.
- Jones has 30 catches on 38 targets for 190 yards. He has three receiving TDs.
- Through six games played, Allen Lazard is averaging 56.7 yards and 4.3 receptions per game to total 340 receiving yards and 26 catches. He’s been targeted 41 times, and has four receiving touchdowns (10th in the NFL).
- A.J. Dillon has rushed for 355 yards, averaging 44.4 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Dillon’s 21 receiving targets have resulted in 14 receptions (1.8 per game) for 89 yards (11.1 per game) and zero TDs.
- On the defensive side, De’Vondre Campbell has 64 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one interception in 2022. His tackle total leads the Packers.
- Rashan Gary has 29 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 6.0 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Quay Walker has recorded 58 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Rasul Douglas has 1.0 sack (fifth on the Packers) as well as 2.0 TFL, 35 tackles, and one interception on the year.
- Through seven games played this year, Jared Goff has totaled 1,904 passing yards (10th-best in the NFL), with 12 touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) against six interceptions and completing 63.9% of his passes.
- Jamaal Williams averages 66.3 rushing yards per game through seven games (464 total yards), while scoring eight rushing touchdowns.
- So far this season, Amon-Ra St. Brown has caught 35 passes for 344 receiving yards with three touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 50 total times and is averaging 5.8 receptions per game in six games played.
- D’Andre Swift puts up 59.3 rushing yards per game through four games (237 total yards), with one rushing touchdown.
- Swift also has 104 receiving yards (26.0 per game) on 13 catches (3.3 per game). He has been targeted 17 times with two touchdown receptions.
- Alex Anzalone’s 2022 effort includes 53 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks through seven games. He leads the Lions in tackles.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has 1.0 sack (third on the Lions) to go with 3.0 TFL and 46 tackles.
- DeShon Elliott has intercepted one pass on top of 48 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one pass defended in the 2022 season.
- Jeff Okudah’s season stats include 44 tackles and 1.0 TFL through seven games. He is fourth on the Lions in tackles.
Packers vs. Lions Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Packers, and we predict that Lions will cover the spread (Packers -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49.5 points.
How to Bet on Packers vs. Lions
You can bet on Packers vs. Lions at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Packers vs. Lions picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.