The New York Jets (3-2) visit Lambeau Field on Sunday, October 16, 2022 to clash with the Green Bay Packers (3-2).
Packers vs. Jets Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Packers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Packers have -340 odds to pick up the win, while the Jets are listed at +280 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Packers vs. Jets Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
The Packers own the ninth-ranked offense this year (362.2 yards per game), and they’ve been even better on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best with just 303.4 yards allowed per game. The Packers rank 22nd in scoring offense (19.4 points per game) and 11th in scoring defense (19.2 points allowed per game) this season.
The Packers rank 19th in passing yards this season (227.4 per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with 177.0 passing yards allowed per game. On offense, the Packers rank 11th in the NFL with 134.8 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 20th in rushing yards allowed per contest (126.4).
Defensively, the Packers have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best by allowing a 30.2% third-down percentage. They rank eighth on offense (42.1% third-down percentage). The Packers are surrendering 5.5 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (15th in the NFL), while putting up 5.7 per play (12th in the league) on offense this season. The Packers have forced four total turnovers (26th in NFL) this season and have turned it over seven times (18th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -3, the fifth-worst in the NFL.
The Jets are compiling 355.6 total yards per game on offense this season (12th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 320.2 total yards per game (10th-ranked). In terms of points scored the Jets rank 11th in the NFL (23.2 points per game), and they are 19th defensively (23.6 points allowed per contest).
In terms of passing, the Jets rank ninth in the NFL (258.6 passing yards per game) and 10th defensively (205.8 passing yards allowed per contest). In terms of rushing, the Jets rank 24th in the NFL on offense (97.0 rushing yards per game) and 15th defensively (114.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Jets rank 19th in third-down conversion rate (38.4%) on offense, but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with a 48.4% third-down percentage allowed. With 5.2 yards per play on offense, the Jets rank 22nd in the NFL. On defense they rank ninth, giving up 5.2 yards per play. The Jets have recorded nine forced turnovers (fifth in NFL) and committed nine turnovers (25th in NFL) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 17th in the NFL.
Packers vs. Jets Injury Report
Packers vs. Jets Betting Analysis
Packers Betting Insights
The Packers have put together a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season. The Packers have an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
Packers games have gone over the total twice this season. The Packers were favored on the moneyline 13 total times last season. They went 10-3 in those games.
The Packers won all six games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -340 or shorter.
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets have covered the spread three times in five games with a set spread.
Games involving Jets have hit the over three times this year. This season, the Jets have been the underdog five times and won three of those games.
The Jets have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +280 odds on them winning this game.
Packers vs. Jets Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.5||41.3||44.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||25.7||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.0||45.2||39.8|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||25.3||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-2||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers has 1,157 passing yards, eight touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) and three interceptions this year. He has completed 67.9% of his passes, averaging 231.4 yards per game and 6.9 per attempt.
- Aaron Jones has put up 390 rushing yards (eighth in the NFL) with one touchdown (78.0 yards per game across five games). His 6.4 yards per attempt rank third in the league.
- He has also caught 14 passes (on 19 targets) for 98 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 19.6 receiving yards and 2.8 catches per game.
- In four games played, Allen Lazard is averaging 52.3 yards and 4.0 receptions per game to total 209 receiving yards and 16 catches. He’s been targeted 25 times, and has three receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- A.J. Dillon has rushed for 245 yards, averaging 49.0 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Dillon’s 14 receiving targets have resulted in nine receptions (1.8 per game) for 69 yards (13.8 per game) and zero TDs.
- On defense, Rashan Gary has 22 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 5.0 sacks in 2022.
- De’Vondre Campbell has 2.0 TFL and 41 tackles.
- Preston Smith has recorded 17 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks this year.
- This season, Quay Walker has 33 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- So far this year in five games, Breece Hall has racked up 275 rushing yards (leading the Jets) and scored two rushing touchdowns. He averages 55.0 yards per game and 4.9 per attempt (18th in the NFL).
- Hall’s offensive contributions include 17 receptions (3.4 per game) on 30 targets for 213 yards (42.6 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- Joe Flacco has 899 passing yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions. His completion percentage is 58.7% and he averages 299.7 yards per game and 5.8 per attempt.
- This season, Corey Davis has caught 17 passes for 299 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 29 total times and is averaging 3.4 receptions per game over five games played.
- Garrett Wilson has 23 catches for 282 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 4.6 yards per game in five games and has been targeted 42 times.
- C.J. Mosley has 51 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in 2022.
- Quinnen Williams has totaled 3.0 sacks in addition to his 2.0 TFL and 17 tackles over four games.
- Lamarcus Joyner has 25 tackles and two interceptions.
- D.J. Reed Jr. has totaled 1.0 TFL, 19 tackles, and one interception through five games.
Packers vs. Jets Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Jets, and we project that Jets will cover the spread (Packers -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Packers vs. Jets
You can bet on Packers vs. Jets at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Packers vs. Jets picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.