The Green Bay Packers (0-1) host a fellow NFC North team on Sunday, September 18, 2022, when they match up against the Chicago Bears (1-0) at Lambeau Field.
Packers vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 10 points, with bookmakers listing the Packers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Packers have -450 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +360 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Packers vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
- The Bears allowed 23.9 points per game last year, close to the same amount as the 26.5 the Packers scored.
- When Green Bay put up more than 23.9 points last season, it went 10-4 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- The Packers’ offense averaged 365.6 yards per game last year, 49.1 more than the 316.5 the Bears’ defense allowed. The Packers earned 5.8 yards per play, while the Bears allowed 5.3.
- Green Bay was 10-3 against the spread and 11-2 overall when the team churned out more than 316.5 yards last year.
- The Bears’ defense gave up an average of 125.1 yards to opposing running games last season. That is 13.3 more yards than the Packers averaged running the football (111.8).
- Last season Green Bay had a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 125.1 yards.
- The Bears averaged 3.5 fewer points per game last season (18.3) than the Packers allowed (21.8).
- Chicago was 4-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall last year when the team notched more than 21.8 points.
- The Bears’ offense gained 307.4 yards per game last year, 20.8 yards fewer than the 328.2 surrendered by the Packers’ defense. The Bears accumulated 4.9 yards per play, while the Packers allowed 5.4.
- Chicago was 2-6 against the spread and 2-6 overall when the team totaled more than 328.2 yards last year.
- The Bears averaged 118.7 yards on the ground last year, just 9.6 yards more than the Packers allowed to opposing rushing attacks (109.1).
- Chicago had a 4-7 ATS record and a 3-8 overall record when the team rushed for more than 109.1 yards last year.
Packers vs. Bears Injury Report
Packers: OT David Bakhtiari: Questionable (Knee), OG Elgton Jenkins: Questionable (Acl), WR Allen Lazard: Questionable (Ankle), LB Krys Barnes: Out (Ankle), OG Jon Runyan: Questionable (Concussion)
Bears: FB Dakota Dozier: Out (Leg), WR Velus Jones Jr.: Doubtful (Hamstring), FB Alex Leatherwood: Out (Undisclosed)
Packers vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Packers Betting Insights
- The Packers’ record against the spread last season was 12-5-0.
- As 10-point favorites or more, the Packers went 3-0 against the spread last season.
- Green Bay was favored on the moneyline 13 total times last season. They finished 10-3 in those games.
- Green Bay won all three games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -450 or shorter.
- Out of 17 Packers games last year, eight hit the over.
Bears Betting Insights
- The Bears’ record against the spread last season was 6-11-0.
- The Bears didn’t have a win ATS (0-2) as 10-point or larger underdogs last season.
- Chicago was an underdog 13 times last season and won twice.
- Last season, Chicago was at least a +360 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- The Bears had seven of its 17 games hit the over last year.
Packers vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.1||46.4||47.8|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||26.9||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-3||7-0||3-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-1||1-0||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.1||42.3||43.9|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||23.4||25.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||3-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-11||0-5||2-6|
Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers passed for 4,115 yards last year (to rank 10th in the NFL), with 37 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and four interceptions. He completed 68.9% of his attempts while averaging 257.2 yards per game and 7.7 per attempt.
- He added 101 yards on the ground, with three rushing touchdowns. He averaged 6.3 yards per game and 3.1 per attempt.
- Aaron Jones scored four rushing touchdowns, while totaling 799 rushing yards (4.7 per carry and 53.3 per game).
- Jones added 52 receptions (3.5 per game) for 391 yards (26.1 per game) with six receiving touchdowns. He was targeted 65 times in the passing attack.
- Last season over 17 games, A.J. Dillon churned out 803 rushing yards and scored five rushing touchdowns. He averaged 47.2 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt (31st in the NFL).
- In addition to his ground game, Dillon hauled in 34 passes (on 37 targets) for 313 yards with two receiving touchdowns. He averaged 18.4 yards per game.
- Allen Lazard was targeted 60 times, resulting in 40 catches for 513 yards .
- De’Vondre Campbell intercepted two passes in addition to145 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and five passes defended in 2021.
- Rashan Gary had 9.5 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL and 46 tackles.
- Rasul Douglas had 1.0 TFL, 57 tackles, and five interceptions in the 2021 season.
- Adrian Amos totaled 93 tackles and two interceptions.
- David Montgomery got things done in the ground game last year, rushing for 849 yards and seven touchdowns in 13 games.
- Montgomery made a difference in the receiving game too, grabbing 42 balls on 51 targets for 301 yards and zero touchdowns.
- On 139 targets, Darnell Mooney had 81 receptions (4.8 per game) for 1,055 yards and four TDs in 17 games.
- In 12 games, Justin Fields piled up 1,870 yards (155.8 yards per game) with seven touchdowns, 10 interceptions and a 58.9% completion percentage.
- As a runner, Fields added 420 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
- To go along with 1,154 passing yards (192.3 yards per game), Trevor Siemian passed for 11 touchdowns, three interceptions, and a completion percentage of 57.4% with the Saints last season.
- Trevor Siemian ran for 20 yards (3.3 yards per game) and one TD.
- On defense Roquan Smith, who played in 17 games, recorded 163 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception.
- With 49 tackles, 17.0 TFL, and 18.5 sacks in 16 games, Robert Quinn was a significant player on defense last year.
- With 48 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks, Al-Quadin Muhammad was a key player last year on the Colts’ defense.
- The contributions of Trevis Gipson, who played in 16 games, included 7.0 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL and 39 tackles.
Packers vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Packers, and we predict that Packers will cover the spread (Packers -10). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Packers vs. Bears
You can bet on Packers vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Packers vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.