When the Chicago Bears (3-9) host the Green Bay Packers (4-8) on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at Soldier Field, they will aim to end a five-game losing streak.
Packers vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Packers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Packers have -200 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +170 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Packers vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Soldier Field
The Packers are averaging 344.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 16th, giving up 342.6 yards per contest. The Packers are averaging 19.6 points per game on offense (23rd in NFL), and they rank 22nd on defense with 23.6 points allowed per game.
On defense, the Packers have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fourth-best by surrendering just 187.8 passing yards per game. They rank 14th on offense (223.4 passing yards per game). Despite having a bottom-five run defense that ranks second-worst in the NFL (154.8 rushing yards allowed per game), the Packers have had more success on offense, ranking 14th in the NFL by putting up 121.3 rushing yards per game.
From an offensive standpoint, the Packers rank 16th in the NFL with a 40% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in third-down conversion rate allowed (36.9%). The Packers are putting up 5.6 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 11th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 19th, surrendering 5.6 yards per play. With 12 forced turnovers (21st in NFL) against 17 turnovers committed (27th in NFL), the Packers’ -5 turnover margin is the fifth-worst in the NFL.
The Bears rank 23rd with 323.3 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 20th with 350 total yards ceded per game on defense. From an offensive standpoint, the Bears are accumulating 20.9 points per contest (18th-ranked). They rank 27th in the NFL on defense (25.4 points allowed per game).
The Bears rank worst in passing yards per game (131.2), but they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 12th in the NFL with 206.1 passing yards ceded per contest. The Bears’ run defense ranks 27th in the NFL with 143.9 rushing yards surrendered per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks best by accumulating 192.1 rushing yards per game.
The Bears have been struggling on third down, ranking second-worst with a 48.9% third-down conversion percentage allowed per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, compiling a 44.4% third-down rate (seventh-ranked). The Bears’ defense has been a bottom-five unit this season in terms of yards per play, ceding 5.9, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 18th at 5.3 yards per play. The Bears have registered 15 forced turnovers (10th in NFL) and committed 15 turnovers (20th in NFL) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 17th in the NFL.
Packers vs. Bears Injury Report
Packers vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Packers Betting Insights
The Packers have covered the spread four times this season (4-8-0). The Packers are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
Packers games have gone over the total six times this season. The Packers were favored on the moneyline 13 total times last season. They went 10-3 in those games.
The Packers had a record of 8-1 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -200 or shorter (88.9%).
Bears Betting Insights
The Bears have put together a record of 4-8-0 against the spread this year. The Bears have an ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
This year, Bears games have hit the over eight times. The Bears have been underdogs in 10 games this season and won two (20%) of those contests.
This season, the Bears have won two of their six games when they’re the underdog by at least +170 on the moneyline.
Packers vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.9||42.3||45.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25||24.8||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-5||2-3||0-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||1-0||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||42||42.3||41.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.8||23||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-8||1-2||1-6|
Players to Watch
- Aaron Rodgers has thrown for 2,682 yards (ninth in the NFL), 21 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and nine interceptions this year. He is averaging 223.5 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt, while completing 64.8% of his attempts.
- Aaron Jones has racked up 821 rushing yards (eighth in the NFL) with two touchdowns (68.4 yards per game across 12 games). His 5.3 yards per attempt rank 10th in the league.
- Jones’ 53 targets as part of the passing attack have resulted in 43 catches (3.6 per game) for 304 yards (25.3 per game) and four touchdowns.
- In 10 games played, Allen Lazard is averaging 55.3 yards and four receptions per game to total 553 receiving yards and 40 catches. He’s been targeted 69 times, and has five receiving touchdowns.
- Christian Watson has 353 receiving yards and six touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) with 22 catches on 34 targets. He’s averaging 2.4 receptions and 39.2 yards per game.
- On defense, Quay Walker has 93 tackles, four TFL, and 0.5 sacks in 2022. His tackle total leads the Packers.
- Rasul Douglas has 54 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and two interceptions so far this season.
- Preston Smith has put up 42 tackles, seven TFL, and 5.5 sacks so far this year. He’s fifth on the Packers in tackles.
- So far this season, Adrian Amos has 66 tackles, four TFL, and one sack.
- Justin Fields is averaging 7.2 passing yards per attempt (14th in the NFL) and 149.3 yards per game this year, completing 59.6% of his passes on the way to 1,642 total yards, 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions through 11 games.
- He’s added 834 yards on the ground (first on the Bears and seventh in the NFL), while scoring seven rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 75.8 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- David Montgomery averages 52.7 rushing yards per game over 11 games (580 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- Montgomery has added 21 receptions (1.9 per game) for 238 yards (21.6 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 25 times in the passing attack.
- In 12 games played this season, Cole Kmet has 29 catches (2.4 receptions per game on 3.6 targets per game) for 336 yards and five receiving touchdowns.
- Chase Claypool has 39 catches for 394 yards and one receiving touchdown. He averages 3.3 yards per game in 12 games and has been targeted 66 times.
- Nicholas Morrow’s 2022 effort includes 77 tackles and eight TFL through 12 games. He is second on the Bears in tackles.
- Justin Jones has two sacks in addition to his eight TFL and 35 tackles over 12 games.
- Jack Sanborn has two sacks (second on the Bears) in addition to his three TFL and 44 tackles.
- Trevis Gipson has two sacks (second on the Bears) to go with three TFL and 19 tackles over 11 games.
Packers vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Bears, and we project that Bears will cover the spread (Packers -4.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Packers vs. Bears
You can bet on Packers vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Packers vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.