As they attempt to stop a three-game losing streak, the Detroit Lions (1-4) visit the Dallas Cowboys (4-2) at AT&T Stadium on Sunday, October 23, 2022.
Cowboys vs. Lions Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Cowboys as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cowboys have -285 odds to pick up the win, while the Lions are listed at +240 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 49 points.
How to Watch Cowboys vs. Lions Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
The Cowboys are averaging 300.8 yards per game on offense this year (27th in NFL), and they are allowing 304.2 yards per game (eighth) on defense. The Cowboys rank 23rd in points scored this year (18.3 points per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 16.3 points allowed per game.
On the defensive side of the ball, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fourth-best by allowing only 183.5 passing yards per game. They rank 27th on offense (182.0 passing yards per game). The Cowboys rank 16th in run offense (118.8 rushing yards per game) and 19th in run defense (120.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
The Cowboys have been a bottom-five offense on third down this year, ranking fourth-worst with a 32.1% third-down conversion rate. Defensively, they are ranked eighth in the NFL (35.2% third-down conversion rate allowed). The Cowboys are putting up 5.0 yards per play on offense (23rd in the league), while sporting the third-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.6) this season. The Cowboys have forced seven total turnovers (18th in NFL) this season and have turned it over five times (second in NFL) for a turnover margin of +2, eighth-ranked in the league.
While the Lions’ defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking worst by conceding 428.6 total yards per game, their offense ranks second-best with 411.8 total yards per contest. While the Lions’ defense has been sputtering, ranking worst by giving up 34.0 points per game, their offense ranks third-best with 28.0 points per contest.
The Lions rank seventh in the NFL with 260.4 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 26th with 261.0 passing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Lions have been struggling in run defense, ranking worst with 167.6 rushing yards given up per game. They have been more productive on offense, generating 151.4 rushing yards per contest (seventh-ranked).
The Lions have been struggling on third down, ranking worst with a 50.0% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. They have been more effective on the other side of the ball, generating a 36.9% third-down rate (23rd-ranked). While the Lions’ defense has been sputtering, ranking worst by ceding 6.5 yards per play, their offense is second-best with 6.2 yards per play. At -2, the Lions own the 21st-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with four forced turnovers (28th in NFL) and six turnovers committed (seventh in NFL).
Cowboys vs. Lions Injury Report
Cowboys vs. Lions Betting Analysis
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys have covered the spread four times in six games with a set spread.
This season, Cowboys games have hit the over twice. The Cowboys won 10 of the 13 games they were favored on the moneyline last season (76.9%).
The Cowboys finished 4-2 last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -285 or shorter.
Lions Betting Insights
The Lions have compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this year. In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Lions have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
Lions games have gone over the total four times this season. The Lions have won one of the four games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Lions have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +240 odds on them winning this game.
Cowboys vs. Lions Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.6||44.3||40.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.2||24.3||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||48.9||48.5||49.5|
|Implied Total AVG||26.2||25.7||27.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||1-1||0-2|
Players to Watch
- Cooper Rush has 1,020 passing yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions this year. He has completed 57.7% of his passes, averaging 170.0 yards per game and 6.5 per attempt.
- CeeDee Lamb‘s 409 receiving yards this season have come from 60 targets and 33 receptions. He’s averaging 68.2 receiving yards and 5.5 catches per game, with two receiving touchdowns.
- Ezekiel Elliott‘s output on the ground this season includes 386 yards and two TDs. He’s averaging 64.3 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt (41st in the NFL).
- Tony Pollard has rushed for 292 yards with two touchdowns (48.7 yards per game through six games).
- He has added nine catches (on 16 targets) for 79 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 13.2 receiving yards and 1.5 receptions per game.
- On defense, Micah Parsons has 6.0 sacks (second in the NFL) to go with 5.0 TFL and 26 tackles in 2022.
- Donovan Wilson has 2.0 sacks (fifth on the Cowboys) as well as 2.0 TFL, 44 tackles, and one interception.
- Demarcus Lawrence has recorded 28 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks this year.
- So far this season, Dorance Armstrong Jr. has 14 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 5.0 sacks.
- Jared Goff has thrown for 1,355 yards this year, with 11 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and four interceptions. He is completing 59.7% of his attempts while averaging 271.0 yards per game and 7.3 per attempt.
- Jamaal Williams averages 66.4 rushing yards per game over five games (332 total yards), while scoring six rushing touchdowns.
- So far this season, Amon-Ra St. Brown has caught 27 passes for 271 receiving yards with three touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 39 total times and is averaging 6.8 receptions per game through four games played.
- Josh Reynolds has 23 catches for 335 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 4.6 yards per game through five games and has been targeted 34 times.
- In 2022, DeShon Elliott has recorded 3.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and one interception over five games.
- Alex Anzalone has totaled 1.0 sack in addition to his 2.0 TFL and 39 tackles over five games.
- Malcolm Rodriguez has 36 tackles and 2.0 TFL in the 2022 campaign. He is third on the Lions in tackles.
- Aidan Hutchinson has registered 3.0 sacks (first on the Lions) to go with 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles over five games.
Cowboys vs. Lions Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Cowboys, and we project that Cowboys will cover the spread (Cowboys -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49 points.
How to Bet on Cowboys vs. Lions
You can bet on Cowboys vs. Lions at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cowboys vs. Lions picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.