Acrisure Stadium is where the New York Jets (1-2) will square off against the Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
Steelers vs. Jets Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Steelers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Steelers have -175 odds to pick up the win, while the Jets are listed at +150 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Steelers vs. Jets Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
While the Steelers rank 24th in total defense with 394.7 yards allowed per game, they’ve been slightly less successful on offense, ranking second-worst (272.7 yards per game). The Steelers are putting up 18.0 points per game on offense (19th in NFL), and they rank 17th defensively with 22.0 points allowed per game. The Steelers have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking fifth-worst with 182.7 passing yards per game. Defensively, they are ranked 22nd in the NFL (252.0 passing yards allowed per game). With 142.7 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Steelers have been forced to ask their 22nd-ranked running game (90.0 rushing yards per contest) to keep them in games. The Steelers are putting up a 33.3% third-down conversion rate on offense (24th in the NFL), and they rank 25th on the other side of the ball with a 46.9% third-down percentage allowed. The Steelers have been a bottom-five offense in terms of yards per play this season, ranking second-worst with 4.7 yards per play. On defense, they rank 11th in the NFL (5.1 yards per play allowed). The Steelers have the fifth-best turnover margin in the NFL at +3, forcing six turnovers (seventh in NFL) while turning it over three times (seventh in NFL).
From an offensive angle, the Jets are accumulating 369.3 total yards per game (ninth-ranked). They rank 15th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (336.3 total yards given up per game). The Jets rank 20th in the NFL with 17.3 points per game on offense, and they rank 26th with 27.0 points surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Jets’ pass offense has been dominant, posting 285.3 passing yards per game (fifth-best) this season. Defensively, they rank 15th by giving up 231.0 passing yards per game. In terms of rushing, the Jets rank 26th in the NFL on offense (84.0 rushing yards per game) and 15th defensively (105.3 rushing yards allowed per contest). The Jets rank 19th in third-down conversion rate (36.2%) on offense, but they’ve been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking second-worst in the NFL with a 51.3% third-down percentage allowed. The Jets are posting 5.0 yards per play on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.5 yards per play (16th-ranked) on defense. The Jets sport a bottom-five turnover margin this season, fourth-worst at -4.
Steelers vs. Jets Injury Report
Steelers: CB Ahkello Witherspoon: Out (Hamstring)
Jets: LB Quincy Williams: Out (Ankle), OT George Fant: Out (Knee), CB Brandin Echols: Questionable (Hamstring)
Steelers vs. Jets Betting Analysis
Steelers Betting Insights
The Steelers have covered the spread one time this season (1-1-1). Games involving the Steelers have hit the over once this season. The Steelers won four of the seven games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (57.1%). The Steelers finished 2-1-1 last year (winning 50% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -175 or shorter.
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets have covered the spread one time in three games with a set spread. The Jets are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs. Games involving the Jets have hit the over once this year. The Jets have won one of the three games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Jets have entered three games this season as the underdog by +150 or more and are 1-2 in those contests.
Steelers vs. Jets Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||40.8||40.0||41.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||22.0||23.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||0-1||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.7||44.8||38.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||25.5||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||0-2||1-0|
Players to Watch
- Mitchell Trubisky has thrown for 569 yards, two touchdowns and one interception this year. He is averaging 189.7 yards per game and 5.5 per attempt, while completing 60.2% of his passes.
- He has also rushed for 23 yards (fourth on the Steelers) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 7.7 rushing yards per game.
- Najee Harris‘ rushing statline this season includes 128 yards and one TD. He is averaging 42.7 yards per game and 3.2 per attempt (48th in the NFL).
- Harris has 10 receptions on 11 targets for 48 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- In the passing attack, Pat Freiermuth, has racked up 138 receiving yards and one touchdown after catching 11 balls on 21 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 46.0 yards and 3.7 receptions over three games.
- Diontae Johnson has 21 catches (ninth in the league) for 196 yards and zero touchdowns. He’s been targeted 33 times in the passing game, and averages 7.0 receptions and 65.3 yards through three games played.
- On the defensive side, Alex Highsmith has 20 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 2022.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick has 24 tackles and two interceptions.
- Myles Jack has recorded 35 tackles this year. His tackle total leads the Steelers and is third in the NFL.
- Ahkello Witherspoon has 15 tackles and one interception this year.
- Through three games played this year, Joe Flacco has totaled 899 passing yards (sixth-best in the NFL), with five touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 58.7% of his attempts.
- Garrett Wilson has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 18 catches for 214 yards and two receiving touchdowns over three games played. He has been on the receiving end of 32 targets and is averaging 6.0 receptions per game.
- Breece Hall is averaging 37.3 rushing yards per game this season (112 total yards), but has yet to score a rushing touchdown.
- In addition to his ground game, Hall has pulled down 13 passes (on 22 targets) for 101 yards (fifth on the Jets), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 33.7 yards per game.
- Corey Davis has been targeted 18 times, resulting in 10 catches for 187 yards .
- C.J. Mosley has 1.0 TFL and 30 tackles through three games in 2022.
- Quincy Williams has 1.0 sack (second on the Jets) to go with 1.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- D.J. Reed Jr. has 10 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception in the 2022 campaign.
- Sheldon Rankins has 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
Steelers vs. Jets Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Steelers, and we project that Steelers will cover the spread (Steelers -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Steelers vs. Jets
You can bet on Steelers vs. Jets at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Steelers vs. Jets picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.