One team is set to turn things around when the New York Jets (7-8) and Seattle Seahawks (7-8) battle on January 1, 2023, as both squads are on losing streaks. The Jets have lost four games in a row, while the Seahawks have coughed up three straight games.
Jets vs. Seahawks Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2 points, with sportsbooks listing the Jets as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Jets have -125 odds to pick up the win, while the Seahawks are listed at +105 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42.5 points.
How to Watch Jets vs. Seahawks Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
On defense, the Jets have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best by surrendering only 309.3 yards per game. They rank 21st on offense (329.4 yards per game). The Jets rank 25th in points scored this season (18.9 points per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 18.8 points allowed per game.
Defensively, the Jets have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fifth-best by giving up only 195.5 passing yards per game. They rank 15th on offense (224.5 passing yards per game). The Jets are putting up 104.9 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 11th, giving up 113.9 rushing yards per contest.
While the Jets’ third-down defense ranks 14th with a 38.9% third-down percentage allowed per game, they’ve been less successful on offense, ranking fifth-worst with a 34.1% third-down conversion rate. This season, the Jets are gaining 5.2 yards per play on offense (21st in the league), while sporting the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.8). The Jets own the 26th-ranked turnover margin in the league at -4, forcing 16 turnovers (23rd in NFL) while turning it over 20 times (17th in NFL).
The Seahawks have been struggling defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 373.4 total yards given up per game. They have been better on offense, posting 348.5 total yards per contest (13th-ranked). The Seahawks rank ninth in points per game (24.3), but they’ve been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 25.3 points ceded per contest.
From an offensive perspective, the Seahawks are posting 238.7 passing yards per contest (11th-ranked). They rank 17th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (217.9 passing yards given up per game). The Seahawks have been struggling in run defense, ranking second-worst with 155.5 rushing yards allowed per game. They have been better on offense, regstering 109.9 rushing yards per contest (21st-ranked).
The Seahawks rank 17th in third-down conversion percentage (40.0%) on offense, but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with a 44.0% third-down percentage allowed. The Seahawks rank seventh in the NFL with 5.8 yards per play on offense, and they rank 24th with 5.7 yards allowed per play on defense. After forcing 21 turnovers (10th in NFL) and turning the ball over 21 times (22nd in NFL) this season, the Seahawks own the 13th-ranked turnover margin of 0.
Jets vs. Seahawks Injury Report
|Kenneth Walker III||RB||Ankle||Questionable|
Jets vs. Seahawks Betting Analysis
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets are 8-7-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 2-point favorites or more, the Jets have an ATS record of 2-2.
Jets games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Jets were listed as the moneyline favorite just one time last season, a game they won.
The Jets played as a moneyline favorite of -125 or shorter in just one game last season, which they won.
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have covered the spread six times over 15 games with a set spread. In games they were an underdog in by 2 points or more so far this season, the Seahawks went 5-5 against the spread.
Seahawks games have gone over the total eight times this year. The Seahawks have been underdogs in 10 games this season and won five (50%) of those contests.
The Seahawks have entered 10 games this season as the underdog by +105 or more and are 5-5 in those contests.
Jets vs. Seahawks Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||41.7||42.3||41.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.5||23.9||23.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-6||2-3||3-3|
|Point Total AVG||45.7||45.2||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.3||24.6||25.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-3||1-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-5||2-1||3-4|
Players to Watch
- Garrett Wilson‘s 996 receiving yards this season have come from 71 receptions on 119 targets. He’s averaging 4.7 catches and 66.4 yards per game, with four receiving touchdowns.
- Zach Wilson has 1,688 passing yards, six touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He has completed 54.5% of his attempts, averaging 187.6 yards per game and 7.0 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 102 rushing yards (11.3 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Michael Carter‘s output on the ground this season includes 396 yards and three TDs. He is averaging 28.3 yards per game and 3.6 per attempt (44th in the NFL).
- Carter has been on the receiving end of 48 targets in the passing game and has 37 catches (2.6 per game) for 284 yards (20.3 per game) and zero TDs.
- James Robinson has run for 425 yards, averaging 38.6 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Robinson’s 14 receiving targets have resulted in 11 receptions (1.0 per game) for 51 yards (4.6 per game) and two TDs.
- Over on the defensive side, C.J. Mosley has 143 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception in 2022. His tackle total leads the Jets and is seventh in the NFL.
- Quinnen Williams has 49 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 12.0 sacks so far this season.
- This season, Quincy Williams has recorded 2.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 86 tackles.
- This season, D.J. Reed Jr. has 75 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception.
- In 15 games played this year, Geno Smith has totaled 3,886 passing yards (eighth-best in the NFL), while throwing 27 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) against nine interceptions and completing 70.7% of his passes.
- He’s added 297 yards on the ground (third on the Seahawks), with one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 19.8 yards per game and 5.0 per attempt.
- D.K. Metcalf has 86 catches for 1,005 yards and six receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 128 times and averages 5.7 receptions per game in 15 games played.
- In 15 games played this season, Noah Fant has 44 catches (2.9 receptions per game on 3.7 targets per game) for 426 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Marquise Goodwin has been targeted 41 times, resulting in 27 catches for 387 yards .
- So far in 2022, Jordyn Brooks has recorded 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL and 155 tackles through 15 games.
- Cody Barton has 2.0 sacks (fifth on the Seahawks) to go with 1.0 TFL, 120 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Uchenna Nwosu has 58 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks in the 2022 season.
- Tariq Woolen has totaled 1.0 TFL, 53 tackles, and six interceptions.
Jets vs. Seahawks Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Jets, and we predict that Seahawks will cover the spread (Jets -2). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42.5 points.
How to Bet on Jets vs. Seahawks
You can bet on Jets vs. Seahawks at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Jets vs. Seahawks picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.