The Miami Dolphins (8-8) are aiming to flip the script on a five-game losing streak as they head into their home matchup on January 8, 2023 against a reeling New York Jets squad (7-9), who have suffered five straight defeats as well.
Dolphins vs. Jets Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Dolphins as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Dolphins have -195 odds to pick up the win, while the Jets are listed at +165 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 37 points.
How to Watch Dolphins vs. Jets Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
The Dolphins are compiling 368.4 yards per game on offense (sixth in NFL), and they rank 20th on defense with 347.3 yards allowed per game. The Dolphins are averaging 24.1 points per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 27th, surrendering 24.6 points per contest.
On offense, the Dolphins have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking third-best in the NFL by averaging 273.2 per game. They rank 27th on defense (240.1 passing yards allowed per game). Offensively, the Dolphins rank 27th in the NFL with 95.3 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in rushing yards allowed per contest (107.1).
The Dolphins rank 23rd in third-down efficiency (36.6%) on offense and 24th in third-down conversion rate allowed (41.5%) on defense this season. The Dolphins sport the 13th-ranked defense this season in terms of yards per play (5.4 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best with 6.2 yards per play. The Dolphins have forced 14 total turnovers (30th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 21 times (15th in NFL) resulting in a turnover margin of -7, the fourth-worst in the league.
The Jets’ defensive unit has been paving the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 311.6 total yards ceded per game. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 326.3 total yards per game, which ranks 22nd. The Jets’ defensive unit has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 19.1 points allowed per game. In terms of offense, they are putting up 18.1 points per game, which ranks 27th.
The Jets have been dominant on pass defense, allowing just 192.5 passing yards per contest (second-best). Offensively, they rank 15th in the NFL by putting up 223.3 passing yards per game. The Jets are putting up 103.0 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 119.1 rushing yards per game (16th-ranked) on defense.
The Jets rank fifth-worst in third-down conversion rate (33.9%), but they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking 12th in the NFL with a 38.5% third-down rate allowed. In terms of yards per play, the Jets’ defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 4.8 yards surrendered per play. In terms of offense, they are putting up 5.1 yards per play, which ranks 23rd. The Jets have forced 16 turnovers this season and have turned it over 23 times, resulting in a -7 turnover margin that is fourth-worst in the NFL.
Dolphins vs. Jets Injury Report
Dolphins vs. Jets Betting Analysis
Dolphins Betting Insights
The Dolphins have covered the spread six times over 16 games with a set spread. The Dolphins are 1-4-2 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
This season, eight Dolphins games have gone over the point total. The Dolphins won 71.4% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (5-2).
The Dolphins played as a moneyline favorite of -195 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets have registered an 8-8-0 record against the spread this year. In games this season when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Jets have gone 5-3 against the spread.
This year, five Jets games have gone over the point total. The Jets have entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won five, or 45.5%, of those games.
This season, the Jets have won three of their six games when they’re the underdog by at least +165 on the moneyline.
Dolphins vs. Jets Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.4||47.9||47.0|
|Implied Total AVG||26.3||26.9||25.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||4-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||1-1||1-4|
|Point Total AVG||41.8||42.3||41.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.4||23.9||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-3||1-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-6||2-3||3-3|
Players to Watch
- Tyreek Hill has grabbed 117 passes (second in the NFL) on 165 targets for 1,687 total yards (second in the NFL) and seven touchdowns. He is averaging 7.3 catches and 105.4 yards per game in 16 games played.
- Jaylen Waddle’s 1,312 receiving yards this season (sixth in the NFL) have come from 111 targets and 70 receptions. He’s averaging 82.0 receiving yards and 4.4 catches per game, with eight receiving touchdowns (seventh in the NFL).
- Raheem Mostert‘s output on the ground this season includes 820 yards and three TDs. He’s averaging 54.7 yards per game and 4.8 per attempt (14th in the NFL).
- Mostert has 29 catches on 40 targets for 212 yards, with two receiving TDs.
- Jeff Wilson Jr. has rushed for 788 yards, averaging 52.5 yards per game and scoring five touchdowns.
- He’s added 20 catches (on 35 targets) for 183 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 12.2 receiving yards and 1.3 receptions per game.
- Over on defense, Christian Wilkins has 95 tackles, 14.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks in 2022.
- Jerome Baker has 97 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and four passes defended.
- Elandon Roberts has collected 100 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks this year. He leads the Dolphins in tackles.
- This season, Jevon Holland has 85 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two interceptions.
- This year, Garrett Wilson has 74 receptions for 1,014 yards with four receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 130 times and averages 4.6 catches per game in 16 games played.
- Through nine games, Zach Wilson has 1,688 passing yards, while throwing six touchdowns against seven interceptions and completing 54.5% of his passes.
- Zach Wilson also has one rushing touchdown and 102 rushing yards (sixth on the Jets).
- Michael Carter is averaging 26.5 rushing yards per game this season (398 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- Carter’s stat sheet includes 39 receptions (2.6 per game) on 51 targets for 287 yards (19.1 per game), though he has not scored a touchdown through the air.
- James Robinson puts up 38.6 rushing yards per game over 11 games (425 total yards), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Robinson also has 51 receiving yards (4.6 per game) on 11 catches (1.0 per game). He has been targeted 14 times with two touchdown receptions.
- C.J. Mosley has intercepted one pass and also has 152 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and six passes defended in 2022.
- Quinnen Williams has 12.0 sacks (first on the Jets and seventh in the NFL) to go with 12.0 TFL and 51 tackles.
- Quincy Williams has 2.0 sacks as well as 9.0 TFL and 96 tackles in the 2022 season.
- Ahmad Gardner has intercepted two passes in addition to 69 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 19 passes defended.
Dolphins vs. Jets Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Dolphins, and we predict that Dolphins will cover the spread (Dolphins -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 37 points.
How to Bet on Dolphins vs. Jets
You can bet on Dolphins vs. Jets at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Dolphins vs. Jets picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.