MetLife Stadium is where the New York Jets (1-1) will match up against the Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) on Sunday, September 25, 2022.
Bengals vs. Jets Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6 points, with sportsbooks listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -260 odds to pick up the win, while the Jets are listed at +220 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Jets Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Bengals are averaging 343.0 yards per game on offense (18th in NFL), and they rank seventh defensively with 302.0 yards allowed per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Bengals rank 19th in the NFL with 18.5 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 14th in points allowed (302.0 points allowed per contest). The Bengals are putting up 232.0 passing yards per game offensively this year (14th in NFL), and they are giving up 211.0 passing yards per game (13th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Bengals are totaling 111.0 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 14th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 12th, giving up 91.0 rushing yards per game. On defense, the Bengals have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best by allowing a 28.0% third-down conversion rate. They rank 14th on offense (42.4% third-down conversion rate). While the Bengals’ defense ranks ninth with 5.0 yards per play allowed, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking second-worst with 4.3 yards per play. The Bengals have the second-worst turnover margin in the league at -4, forcing one turnover (23rd in NFL) while turning it over five times (27th in NFL).
From an offensive standpoint, the Jets are posting 390.0 total yards per contest (eighth-ranked). They rank 18th in the NFL on defense (339.5 total yards allowed per game). In terms of points scored the Jets rank 15th in the NFL (20.0 points per game), and they are 26th on defense (27.0 points allowed per contest). The Jets’ passing attack has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 302.0 passing yards per game. In terms of defense, they are ceding 216.0 passing yards per game, which ranks 14th. In terms of rushing, the Jets rank 24th in the NFL on offense (88.0 rushing yards per game) and 21st on the other side of the ball (123.5 rushing yards allowed per contest). The Jets have been struggling on third down, ranking fourth-worst with a 52.0% third-down conversion percentage allowed per game. They have been better offensively, generating a 34.5% third-down rate (19th-ranked). With 5.3 yards per play on offense, the Jets rank 17th in the NFL. Defensively they rank 20th, surrendering 5.8 yards per play. At -1, the Jets own the 19th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with two forced turnovers (18th in NFL) and three turnovers committed (16th in NFL).
Bengals vs. Jets Injury Report
Bengals: OT La’el Collins: Questionable (Back), TE Drew Sample: Out (Knee), LB Germaine Pratt: Doubtful (Knee), TE Hayden Hurst: Questionable (Groin), RB Elijah Holyfield: Out (Knee)
Jets: WR Corey Davis: Questionable (Knee), FB Jordan Whitehead: Questionable (Calf), FB John Franklin-Myers: Questionable (Toe), NT Quinnen Williams: Questionable (Foot), TE C.J. Uzomah: Questionable (Hamstring), OT George Fant: Questionable (Knee), OT Mekhi Becton: Out (Kneecap)
Bengals vs. Jets Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals have not covered the spread in a game this season (0-2-0). The Bengals have yet to cover the spread when playing as at least 6-point favorites (0-2). This season, Bengals games have yet to hit the over once. The Bengals went 5-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games). When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -260 or shorter, the Bengals had a 2-1 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets have covered the spread one time in two games with a set spread. In games they have played as 6-point underdogs or more, the Jets have an ATS record of 1-1. This season, Jets games have hit the over once. The Jets have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Jets have played as an underdog of +220 or more once this season and lost that game.
Bengals vs. Jets Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.5||44.5||42.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25.5||26.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||41.3||44.0||38.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.5||25.0||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow has thrown for 537 yards, three touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He is averaging 268.5 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt, while completing 64.0% of his passes.
- In addition to his passing stats, Burrow also has 73 rushing yards (second on the Bengals), but no touchdowns.
- Ja’Marr Chase has 15 receptions (seventh in the NFL) for 183 yards and one TD. In two games, he is averaging 7.5 catches and 91.5 yards per game.
- Joe Mixon has 139 rushing yards without a rushing TD (69.5 yards per game across two games).
- Mixon also has 10 catches, 89 yards and zero TDs in the passing game.
- Tee Higgins has 98 receiving yards and one touchdown with eight catches on 12 targets. He is averaging 4.0 receptions and 49.0 yards per game.
- Over on the defensive side, Sam Hubbard has eight tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in 2022.
- Mike Hilton has 12 tackles.
- Vonn Bell has put up 10 tackles and 1.0 TFL this year.
- Chidobe Awuzie has 10 tackles.
- Joe Flacco has thrown for 614 yards this year (to rank third in the NFL), with five touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) and one interception. He is completing 61.2% of his attempts while averaging 307.0 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.
- Garrett Wilson has 154 receiving yards and two touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) on 12 receptions, while being targeted 22 times.
- So far this season, Corey Davis has caught eight passes for 160 receiving yards with one touchdown through the air. He has been targeted 13 total times and is averaging 4.0 receptions per game over two games played.
- Breece Hall has 73 rushing yards (second on the Jets), without scoring a rushing touchdown, while averaging 36.5 yards per game and 5.6 per attempt (ninth in the NFL).
- Hall also has 48 receiving yards (24.0 per game) on seven catches (3.5 per game). He has been targeted 11 times with one touchdown reception.
- In 2022, C.J. Mosley has amassed 1.0 TFL and 18 tackles over two games.
- D.J. Reed Jr. has seven tackles and one interception.
- Quincy Williams has 1.0 sack (first on the Jets) in addition to his 11 tackles.
- Jordan Whitehead has put up 12 tackles over two games.
Bengals vs. Jets Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Jets, and we project that Jets will cover the spread (Bengals -6). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Jets
You can bet on Bengals vs. Jets at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Jets picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.