The Chicago Bears (3-8) will have their hearts set on bouncing back from their four-game losing streak when they collide with the New York Jets (6-4) at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, November 27, 2022.
Jets vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7 points, with bookmakers listing the Jets as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Jets have -305 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +255 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 38.5 points.
How to Watch Jets vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Jets rank fifth-worst in total offense (311.6 yards per game), but they’ve played a little better on defense, ranking ninth with 310.5 yards allowed per game. The Jets are averaging 19.9 points per game on offense (22nd in NFL), and they rank ninth on the other side of the ball with 18.6 points allowed per game.
The Jets are totaling 201.3 passing yards per game offensively this year (25th in NFL), and they are allowing 200.8 passing yards per game (10th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Jets rank 19th in run offense (110.3 rushing yards per game) and 10th in run defense (109.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
The Jets rank fourth-worst in third-down conversion rate (32.4%), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 17th with a 40.4% third-down conversion rate allowed. The Jets are accumulating 5.0 yards per play on offense (26th in the league), while featuring the third-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.8) this season. The Jets own the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +1, forcing 14 turnovers (ninth in NFL) while turning it over 13 times (14th in NFL).
In terms of total offense, the Bears rank 22nd in the NFL (326.1 total yards per game) and 16th on the other side of the ball (339.5 total yards allowed per contest). The Bears rank 17th in the NFL with 21.9 points per game on offense, and they rank 27th with 24.9 points allowed per game on defense.
The Bears rank worst in passing yards per game (128.1), but they’ve been better defensively, ranking eighth in the NFL with 196.8 passing yards ceded per contest. The Bears rank fourth-worst in rushing yards allowed per game on defense (142.6), but at least they’ve been surging on the offensive side of the ball, ranking best in rushing yards per contest (198.0).
The Bears’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, ceding a 48.1% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank sixth with a 48.1% third-down rate. From an offensive standpoint, the Bears are compiling 5.4 yards per play (16th-ranked). They rank 22nd in the NFL defensively (5.8 yards surrendered per play). At +1, the Bears sport the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 15 forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) and 14 turnovers committed (21st in NFL).
Jets vs. Bears Injury Report
Jets vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets have covered the spread six times in 10 games with a set spread.
This season, three Jets games have gone over the point total. The Jets were the moneyline favorite just one time last season, a game they won.
The Jets did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -305 or shorter.
Bears Betting Insights
The Bears have covered the spread four times in 11 games with a set spread. The Bears are 2-2 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
Games involving Bears have hit the over seven times this season. The Bears have entered the game as underdogs nine times this season and won twice.
The Bears are 1-3 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +255 or more on the moneyline.
Jets vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.1||44.3||39.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.7||25.2||22.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-4||2-3||3-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.5||42.3||42.7|
|Implied Total AVG||23.9||23.0||24.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-7||1-2||1-5|
Players to Watch
- Zach Wilson has 1,279 passing yards in seven games this year, averaging 182.7 per game with a 55.6% completion percentage and four touchdowns against five interceptions.
- He has tacked on 94 rushing yards (13.4 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- James Robinson averages 3.9 yards per carry (48th in the NFL) and 41.5 yards per game, and has 415 total rushing yards. He has recorded three rushing TDs this season.
- Robinson has 11 receptions on 14 targets for 51 yards. He has two receiving TDs.
- Through 10 games, Michael Carter has amassed 349 yards on the ground, averaging 34.9 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Carter has been on the receiving end of 34 targets in the passing game and has 26 catches (2.6 per game) for 194 yards (19.4 per game) and zero TDs.
- Garrett Wilson has 44 receptions for 533 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 71 times in the air attack, and averages 4.4 receptions and 53.3 yards through 10 games played.
- On the defensive side, C.J. Mosley has 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL and 98 tackles in 2022.
- Quinnen Williams has 38 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 8.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
- Ahmad Gardner has recorded 45 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions so far this year. He’s fifth on the Jets in tackles.
- Quincy Williams has 2.0 sacks to go along with his 5.0 TFL and 55 tackles on the year.
- This year in 10 games, David Montgomery has racked up 501 rushing yards (third on the Bears) and scored three rushing touchdowns. He averages 50.1 yards per game and 3.8 per attempt (51st in the NFL).
- On top of his rushing statistics, Montgomery has caught 18 passes (on 21 targets) for 204 yards (fourth on the Bears). He’s averaging 20.4 yards per game.
- Cole Kmet has 309 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 26 receptions, while being targeted 37 times.
- This season, Darnell Mooney has caught 40 passes for 493 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 61 total times and is averaging 3.6 receptions per game over 11 games played.
- Chase Claypool has been targeted 61 times, resulting in 37 catches for 343 yards .
- Eddie Jackson has intercepted four passes to go with 77 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended in 2022. He’s third in the league in interceptions.
- Nicholas Morrow has 69 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
- Justin Jones has 2.0 sacks (second on the Bears) in addition to his 8.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Jack Sanborn has 30 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
Jets vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Jets, and we predict that Jets will cover the spread (Jets -7). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 38.5 points.
How to Bet on Jets vs. Bears
You can bet on Jets vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Jets vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.