The AFC South-leading Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) travel to square off against the Philadelphia Eagles (3-0), leaders of the NFC East, at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
Eagles vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -265 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +225 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
The Eagles have been making things happen on both sides of the ball this year, as they rank best in total offense (447.0 yards per game) and fifth-best in total defense (296.7 yards allowed per game). The Eagles rank seventh in scoring defense this season (16.7 points allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 28.7 points per game. The Eagles have the sixth-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (186.7 allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking third-best with 296.7 passing yards per game. The Eagles rank seventh in run offense (150.3 rushing yards per game) and 18th in run defense (110.0 rushing yards allowed per game) this season. The Eagles rank 22nd in third-down defense this season (44.2% third-down percentage allowed), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking second-best in the NFL with a 48.9% third-down percentage. The Eagles have been a tough matchup for opposing teams in terms of yards per play, as they rank top-five in both offensive yards per play (second-best with 6.4) and yards per play allowed on defense (third-best at 4.5) this season. With five forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) against one turnover committed (first in NFL), the Eagles’ +4 turnover margin is the third-best in the NFL.
The Jaguars rank sixth with 375.7 total yards per game on offense, and they rank seventh with 306.7 total yards surrendered per contest on defense. The Jaguars have been thriving on defense, surrendering just 12.7 points per contest (fourth-best). Offensively, they rank seventh by posting 28.0 points per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Jaguars are generating 252.3 passing yards per contest (11th-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL defensively (251.7 passing yards allowed per game). The Jaguars’ run defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 55.0 rushing yards conceded per contest. In terms of offense, they are generating 123.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 10th. The Jaguars are generating a 40.5% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (11th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 42.4% third-down rate (21st-ranked) on defense. From an offensive standpoint, the Jaguars are posting 5.5 yards per play (12th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (5.2 yards surrendered per play). In terms of turnover margin, the Jaguars are the best in the NFL this season. The team’s margin checks in at +7, as they’ve forced eight turnovers and committed one.
Eagles vs. Jaguars Injury Report
Eagles: CB Avonte Maddox: Out (Ankle), RB Boston Scott: Out (Rib)
Jaguars: FB Cole Van Lanen: Out (Hamstring), OLB K’Lavon Chaisson: Out (Ankle), WR Zay Jones: Questionable (Ankle), CB Shaquill Griffin: Questionable (Hip)
Eagles vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-1-0). Eagles games have gone over the total once this season. The Eagles won six of the seven games they were the moneyline favorite last season (85.7%). The Eagles played as a moneyline favorite of -265 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have covered the spread two times this season (2-1-0). The Jaguars are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs. This year, Jaguars games have hit the over twice. This season, the Jaguars have won two out of the three games in which they’ve been the underdog. The Jaguars have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +225 odds on them winning this game.
Eagles vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.5||49.0||48.3|
|Implied Total AVG||27.0||26.0||27.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-0||1-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.0||43.5||44.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||23.0||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts ranks fourth in the NFL with 916 passing yards in three games this year, averaging 305.3 per game with a 67.3% completion percentage and four touchdowns against one interception.
- He has tacked on 167 rushing yards (55.7 per game) and three touchdowns on the ground.
- A.J. Brown has 20 receptions for 309 yards (fifth in the NFL) and one TD. Through three games, he is averaging 6.7 catches and 103.0 yards per game.
- Devonta Smith has one touchdown catch this season, and has 15 receptions for 249 yards on 23 targets, while averaging 5.0 catches and 83.0 yards per game.
- Miles Sanders has run for 222 yards, averaging 74.0 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Over on defense, T.J. Edwards has 27 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Brandon Graham has nine tackles, 2.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Josh Sweat has recorded nine tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks this year.
- This season, Fletcher Cox has eight tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks.
- Trevor Lawrence is averaging 7.0 passing yards per attempt (15th in the NFL) and 257.3 yards per game this year, completing 69.4% of his passes on the way to 772 total yards, six touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) and one interception through three games.
- James Robinson has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 230 rushing yards (4.5 per attempt and 76.7 per game).
- Robinson has added six receptions (2.0 per game) for 33 yards (11.0 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted seven times in the passing attack.
- Through three games played this season, Christian Kirk has 18 catches (6.0 receptions per game on nine targets per game) for 267 yards (10th in the NFL) and three receiving touchdowns (second in the NFL).
- Zay Jones has 19 catches for 173 yards and one receiving touchdown. He averages 6.3 yards per game in three games and has been targeted 24 times.
- Devin Lloyd has intercepted two passes and also has 24 tackles and six passes defended in 2022. He’s second in the NFL in interceptions.
- Josh Allen has 2.0 sacks (first on the Jaguars) to go with 1.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Foyesade Oluokun has 22 tackles.
- Andre Cisco’s stat sheet includes one interception (10th in the NFL) as well as 15 tackles and one pass defended in three games
Eagles vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Eagles, and we predict that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Eagles vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.