On Sunday, December 18, 2022, the Dallas Cowboys (10-3) visit the Jacksonville Jaguars (5-8) at TIAA Bank Field and will attempt to build on a four-game winning streak.
Cowboys vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with sportsbooks listing the Cowboys as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cowboys have -210 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +180 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48.5 points.
How to Watch Cowboys vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
On defense, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit, ranking fifth-best by giving up only 310.9 yards per game. They rank 10th on offense (359.6 yards per game). The Cowboys have been finding success on both sides of the ball, ranking third-best in scoring offense (27.7 points per game) and third-best in scoring defense (17.6 points allowed per game).
On the defensive side of the ball, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking second-best by surrendering only 182.4 passing yards per game. They rank 20th on offense (215.2 passing yards per game). The Cowboys are totaling 144.5 rushing yards per game offensively this season (seventh in NFL), and they are surrendering 128.5 rushing yards per game (23rd) on the other side of the ball.
The Cowboys sport the seventh-ranked offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (45.0% percentage), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking fifth-best with a 34.9% third-down percentage allowed. This season, the Cowboys are gaining 5.6 yards per play on offense (11th in the league), while featuring the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.8). The Cowboys have the third-best turnover margin in the NFL at +8, forcing 23 turnovers (second in NFL) while turning it over 15 times (11th in NFL).
From an offensive perspective, the Jaguars are generating 357.5 total yards per game (11th-ranked). They rank 27th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (368.7 total yards surrendered per game). With 22.6 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Jaguars rank 15th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 15th, allowing 22.6 points per game.
The Jaguars have been struggling in pass defense, ranking fifth-worst with 253.3 passing yards given up per game. They have been better on offense, compiling 235.3 passing yards per contest (10th-ranked). The Jaguars are posting 122.2 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (15th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 115.4 rushing yards per game (14th-ranked) on defense.
The Jaguars have been struggling on third down, ranking fourth-worst with a 45.9% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. They have been more productive offensively, regstering a 40.2% third-down rate (15th-ranked). The Jaguars rank 11th in the NFL with 5.6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 20th with 5.7 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball. With 20 forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) and 15 turnovers committed (11th in NFL) this season, the Jaguars rank sixth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +5.
Cowboys vs. Jaguars Injury Report
|Dorance Armstrong Jr.||DE||Ankle||Questionable|
Cowboys vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys are 8-5-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 4-point favorites or more, the Cowboys have an ATS record of 3-2.
This season, seven Cowboys games have gone over the point total. The Cowboys won 76.9% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (10-3).
The Cowboys finished 7-3 last year (winning 70% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -210 or shorter.
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars are 5-8-0 against the spread this season. The Jaguars are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
This year, seven Jaguars games have gone over the point total. This season, the Jaguars have won five out of the 11 games, or 45.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Jaguars have entered three games this season as the underdog by +180 or more and are 1-2 in those contests.
Cowboys vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.3||45.1||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.3||26.8||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-1||6-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||44.7||43.7||45.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||23.3||25.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2||0-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-6||3-1||2-5|
Players to Watch
- Tony Pollard has racked up 894 rushing yards (ninth in the NFL) with nine touchdowns (68.8 yards per game through 13 games). His 5.7 yards per attempt rank sixth in the NFL.
- Pollard has 41 targets, 29 receptions, 279 receiving yards and three TDs through the air.
- CeeDee Lamb has 74 receptions (10th in the NFL) for 961 yards (eighth in the NFL) and six TDs. Through 13 games, he is averaging 5.7 catches and 73.9 yards per game.
- Through 11 games, Ezekiel Elliott has picked up 716 rushing yards, averaging 65.1 yards per game and scoring nine touchdowns.
- Dak Prescott has 1,847 passing yards, 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He has completed 66.9% of his passes, averaging 230.9 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt.
- To go along with his passing stats, Prescott has 94 yards rushing (fourth on the Cowboys), with one rushing touchdown.
- Over on the defensive side, Micah Parsons has 56 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 11.0 sacks, and three passes defended in 2022.
- Donovan Wilson has intercepted one pass and has added 81 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
- Leighton Vander Esch has totaled 90 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this year. He leads the Cowboys in tackles.
- Trevon Diggs has 49 tackles and three interceptions on the year.
- Christian Kirk has totaled 874 receiving yards and seven touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) on 67 receptions, while being targeted 106 times this season.
- Travis Etienne has 814 rushing yards (leading the Jaguars) and four rushing touchdowns, while averaging 62.6 yards per game and 5.0 per carry (13th in the NFL).
- Etienne has also collected 214 receiving yards (16.5 per game) on 25 catches (1.9 per game). He’s been targeted 34 times and is still looking for his first receiving touchdown.
- So far this season, Zay Jones has caught 68 passes for 655 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 98 total times and is averaging 5.7 receptions per game in 12 games played.
- Evan Engram has 53 catches for 548 yards and four receiving touchdowns. He averages 4.1 yards per game in 13 games and has been targeted 74 times.
- Foyesade Oluokun has 142 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one pass defended in 2022.
- Devin Lloyd has 88 tackles and two interceptions.
- Rayshawn Jenkins has 1.0 TFL, 74 tackles, and one interception.
- Andre Cisco has put up 56 tackles and three interceptions through 11 games.
Cowboys vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Cowboys, and we expect that Cowboys will cover the spread (Cowboys -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48.5 points.
How to Bet on Cowboys vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Cowboys vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cowboys vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.