The Indianapolis Colts (2-2-1) and the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3) — two AFC South combatants — meet on Sunday, October 16, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Colts vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -125 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +105 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 41 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
The Colts are totaling 333.0 yards per game offensively this season (23rd in NFL), and they are giving up 312.6 yards per game (eighth) on the other side of the ball. The Colts rank worst in scoring offense (13.8 points per game), but they’ve played a little better on defense, ranking 10th with 18.8 points allowed per contest.
The Colts rank 13th in pass offense (241.6 passing yards per game) and 16th in pass defense (216.0 passing yards allowed per game) this season. The Colts sport the 27th-ranked offense this year in terms of rushing yards (91.4 per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best with only 96.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Colts rank 23rd in third-down efficiency (36.2%) on offense and seventh in third-down percentage allowed (31.3%) on defense this year. The Colts rank 25th in offensive yards per play (4.9) and seventh in yards per play allowed (4.9) this season. The Colts own the second-worst turnover margin in the league at -6, forcing five turnovers (23rd in NFL) while turning it over 11 times (30th in NFL).
In terms of total yards, the Jaguars rank 13th in the NFL (353.6 total yards per game) and ninth on the other side of the ball (313.8 total yards allowed per game). The Jaguars’ defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 16.0 points surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, they are putting up 22.2 points per game, which ranks 15th.
In terms of passing, the Jaguars rank 15th in the NFL (238.2 passing yards per game) and 14th on defense (215.6 passing yards allowed per contest). From an offensive angle, the Jaguars are generating 115.4 rushing yards per contest (16th-ranked). They rank sixth in the NFL defensively (98.2 rushing yards surrendered per game).
From an offensive perspective, the Jaguars are posting a 39.7% third-down conversion rate (14th-ranked). They rank 14th in the NFL defensively (37.7% third-down rate allowed). The Jaguars rank 16th in the NFL with 5.5 yards per play on offense, and they rank eighth with 5.1 yards ceded per play on the defensive side of the ball. With nine forced turnovers (fifth in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (22nd in NFL) this season, the Jaguars rank ninth in the NFL with a turnover margin of +1.
Colts vs. Jaguars Injury Report
|Marvin Jones Jr.||WR||Hamstring||Out|
Colts vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts have covered the spread in a matchup two times this season (2-3-0). The Colts are winless against the spread when they are 1.5-point favorites or more (0-3).
Colts games have yet to go over the total once this season. The Colts won five of the eight games they were favored on the moneyline last season (62.5%).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -125 or shorter, the Colts had a record of 5-3 (62.5%).
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have covered the spread two times over five games with a set spread. In games they have played as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 2-2.
Jaguars games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year. This season, the Jaguars have won two out of the four games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Jaguars have entered four games this season as the underdog by +105 or more and are 2-2 in those contests.
Colts vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.1||47.0||43.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.0||26.0||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2-1||0-1||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-0||1-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||43.9||43.5||44.2|
|Implied Total AVG||24.4||24.0||24.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||1-0||1-2|
Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan has 1,376 passing yards (sixth in the NFL), five touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He has completed 65.6% of his passes, averaging 275.2 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- Jonathan Taylor has recorded 328 rushing yards with one touchdown (82.0 yards per game through four games). His 4.0 yards per attempt rank 38th in the NFL.
- Taylor’s 16 targets in the passing game have resulted in nine catches (2.3 per game) for 44 yards (11.0 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- In four games played, Michael Pittman Jr. is averaging 70.8 yards and 6.3 receptions per game to total 283 receiving yards and 25 catches. He’s been targeted 36 times, and has one receiving touchdown.
- Mo Alie-Cox has 11 receptions for 136 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 15 times in the passing game, and averages 2.2 receptions and 27.2 yards in five games played.
- On defense, Zaire Franklin has 54 tackles and 2.0 TFL in 2022. His tackle total leads the Colts and is third in the NFL.
- Bobby Okereke has 42 tackles and 2.0 TFL this season. He’s second on the Colts in tackles.
- This season, DeForest Buckner has recorded 2.0 sacks (third on the Colts) as well as 2.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Kwity Paye has 3.0 sacks (first on the Colts) as well as 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles on the year.
- Trevor Lawrence has passed for 1,232 yards this year, with eight touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) and four interceptions. He is completing 62.4% of his passes while averaging 246.4 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- He’s added 58 yards on the ground (third on the Jaguars), while scoring zero rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 11.6 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt.
- James Robinson has scored three rushing touchdowns, while totaling 286 rushing yards (4.1 per carry and 57.2 per game).
- Robinson also has eight catches for 45 yards (eighth on the Jaguars), with one receiving touchdown. He has been targeted nine times and averages 9.0 yards per game.
- Christian Kirk has totaled 338 receiving yards and three touchdowns (seventh in the NFL) on 21 receptions, while being targeted 39 times this season.
- Travis Etienne averages 43.0 rushing yards per game over five games (215 total yards), but has not yet scored a rushing touchdown.
- Etienne has also tacked on 11 catches (2.2 per game) for 124 yards (24.8 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He has been on the receiving end of 16 targets.
- Foyesade Oluokun’s 2022 effort includes 46 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack through five games. He is second on the Jaguars in tackles.
- Devin Lloyd has totaled 49 tackles and two interceptions over five games.
- Josh Allen has recorded 3.0 sacks (first on the Jaguars) as well as 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Rayshawn Jenkins has totaled 28 tackles and one interception through five games.
Colts vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Jaguars, and we project that Jaguars will cover the spread (Colts -1.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 41 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Colts vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.