Sunday, September 25, 2022 will see the Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) meet the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) at SoFi Stadium.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Chargers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chargers have -170 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +145 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42.5 points.
How to Watch Chargers vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
The Chargers are averaging 378.0 yards per game on offense (10th in NFL), and they rank 13th on the other side of the ball with 319.5 yards allowed per game. The Chargers are totaling 24.0 points per game on offense this year (11th in NFL), and they are giving up 23.0 points per game (21st) on defense. On offense, the Chargers have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking third-best in the NFL by compiling 302.5 per game. They rank 20th on defense (241.0 passing yards allowed per game). While the Chargers’ run defense ranks sixth with 78.5 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking fifth-worst (75.5 rushing yards per game). From an offensive standpoint, the Chargers rank 16th in the NFL with a 36.7% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 19th in third-down percentage allowed (39.1%). This season, the Chargers are accumulating 5.4 yards per play (14th in the league), while giving up 5.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (20th in the NFL). The Chargers have forced three total turnovers (10th in NFL) this season and have turned it over one time (first in NFL) for a turnover margin of +2, seventh-ranked in the NFL.
The Jaguars are posting 357.0 total yards per contest on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 304.0 total yards per contest (eighth-ranked). The Jaguars’ defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 14.0 points conceded per contest. In terms of offense, they are compiling 23.0 points per game, which ranks 12th. The Jaguars rank 12th in the NFL with 247.5 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 17th with 234.5 passing yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball. The Jaguars have been excelling on run defense, surrendering just 69.5 rushing yards per contest (third-best). Offensively, they rank 17th in the NFL by racking up 109.5 rushing yards per game. The Jaguars are generating a 33.3% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (20th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 45.0% third-down rate (22nd-ranked) on defense. From an offensive angle, the Jaguars are compiling 5.5 yards per play (10th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on defense (5.2 yards given up per play). In terms of turnover margin, the Jaguars are the best in the NFL this season. Their margin checks in at +5, as they’ve forced six turnovers and committed one.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Injury Report
Chargers: CB J.C. Jackson: Doubtful (Ankle), C Corey Linsley: Doubtful (Knee), TE Donald Parham: Doubtful (Hamstring), OT Trey Pipkins: Questionable (Ankle), QB Justin Herbert: Questionable (Ribs), WR Keenan Allen: Questionable (Hamstring)
Jaguars: CB Shaquill Griffin: Questionable (Hip)
Chargers vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers have covered in each of the two opportunities they have had with a set spread this season (2-0-0). The Chargers have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites. This season, Chargers games have yet to hit the over once. The Chargers went 6-6 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 50% of those games). The Chargers had a record of 4-3 when they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -170 or shorter (57.1%).
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season. This year, Jaguars games have hit the over once. The Jaguars have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Jaguars have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +145.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||52.5||52.5||52.5|
|Implied Total AVG||28.0||28.0||28.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.3||43.5||43.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||23.0||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has thrown for 613 yards (fifth in the NFL), six touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and one interception this year. He is averaging 306.5 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt, while completing 72.0% of his passes.
- Gerald Everett‘s 125 receiving yards this season have come from 14 targets and nine receptions. He’s averaging 62.5 receiving yards and 4.5 catches per game, with one receiving touchdown.
- Mike Williams has one touchdown catch this season, and has 10 catches for 123 yards on 14 targets, while averaging 5.0 catches and 61.5 yards per game.
- DeAndre Carter has racked up 119 receiving yards and one touchdown with six catches on seven targets. He’s averaging 3.0 receptions and 59.5 yards per game.
- On the defensive side for the Chargers, Khalil Mack has powered the unit with eight tackles and 3.5 sacks in 2022.
- Derwin James has 15 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack so far this season. He leads the Chargers in tackles.
- Drue Tranquill has recorded 12 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and one interception so far this year. He’s second on the Chargers in tackles.
- Joey Bosa has 1.5 sacks (second on the Chargers) to go with 1.0 TFL and six tackles on the season.
- James Robinson has rushed for two touchdowns this year, and has 130 total rushing yards (65.0 per game and 3.8 per attempt).
- Robinson’s contributions include three receptions (1.5 per game) on four targets for 17 yards (8.5 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- Trevor Lawrence has 510 passing yards, three touchdowns and one interception. His completion percentage is 68.1% and he averages 255.0 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- So far this season, Christian Kirk has caught 12 passes for 195 receiving yards (ninth in the NFL) with two touchdowns through the air (seventh in the NFL). He has been targeted 18 total times and is averaging 6.0 receptions per game over two games played.
- Travis Etienne averages 33.5 rushing yards per game through two games (67 total yards), but has not yet scored a rushing touchdown.
- Etienne also has 51 receiving yards (25.5 per game) on five catches (2.5 per game). He has been targeted seven times while he is still seeking his first receiving touchdown.
- So far in 2022, Josh Allen has recorded 2.0 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL and seven tackles over two games. He ranks eighth in the NFL in sacks.
- Devin Lloyd’s stat sheet includes one interception (sixth in the NFL) as well as 17 tackles and three passes defended.
- Foyesade Oluokun has recorded 14 tackles in the 2022 season.
- Andre Cisco has put up 11 tackles and one interception through two games.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Jaguars, and we project that Jaguars will cover the spread (Chargers -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 42.5 points.
How to Bet on Chargers vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Chargers vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chargers vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.