As they aim to stop a three-game losing streak, the Houston Texans (1-6-1) visit the New York Giants (6-2) at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, November 13, 2022.
Giants vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Giants as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Giants have -225 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at +190 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Giants vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 13, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Giants are totaling 320.6 yards per game on offense this season (24th in NFL), and they are surrendering 345.6 yards per game (17th) on the other side of the ball. The Giants are averaging 20.4 points per game on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank eighth, allowing 19.6 points per contest.
The Giants have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking fourth-worst with 159.1 passing yards per contest. On defense, they are ranked 16th in the NFL (208.4 passing yards allowed per game). The Giants sport the 25th-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (137.3 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking fourth-best with 161.5 rushing yards per game.
The Giants rank 17th in third-down percentage this year (39.6%), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with a 33.0% third-down percentage allowed. The Giants are putting up 5.0 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 22nd, allowing 5.7 yards per play. The Giants have forced 10 total turnovers (17th in NFL) this season and have turned it over eight times (fifth in NFL) for a turnover margin of +2, ninth-ranked in the NFL.
The Texans have lots of room to improve, as they rank third-worst in total yards per game (290.5) and third-worst in total yards surrendered per game (398.1). The Texans’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, registering 16.6 points per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 19th with 22.9 points allowed per contest.
The Texans rank 26th in the NFL with 188.6 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 19th with 217.5 passing yards allowed per contest on defense. The Texans rank 25th in rushing yards per game (101.9), but they’ve been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking worst in the NFL with 180.6 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
The Texans rank third-worst in third-down conversion percentage (31.1%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 19th in the NFL with a 41.2% third-down rate allowed. The Texans rank 24th in yards per play (5.0), but they’ve been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, third-worst in the NFL with 6.0 yards surrendered per play. The Texans have registered 11 forced turnovers (14th in NFL) and committed nine turnovers (seventh in NFL) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks ninth in the NFL.
Giants vs. Texans Injury Report
Giants vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have covered the spread six times this season (6-2-0).
Giants games have gone over the total twice this season. The Giants were listed as the moneyline favorite just one time last season, a game they lost.
The Giants did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -225 or shorter.
Texans Betting Insights
The Texans have put together a record of 5-3-0 against the spread this season. In games they were an underdog in by 5 points or more so far this year, the Texans went 4-2 against the spread.
Texans games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season. The Texans have been underdogs in eight games this season and won one (12.5%) of those contests.
This season, the Texans have won one of their six games when they’re the underdog by at least +190 on the moneyline.
Giants vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.6||41.8||43.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.3||22.0||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-1||2-0||3-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.8||44.0||43.6|
|Implied Total AVG||25.8||26.0||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6-1||0-3-1||1-3|
Players to Watch
- Daniel Jones has 1,399 passing yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He has completed 65.0% of his passes, averaging 174.9 yards per game and 6.4 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 363 yards (second on the Giants) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 45.4 rushing yards per game.
- Saquon Barkley‘s rushing statline this season includes 779 yards (third in the NFL) and five TDs. He’s averaging 97.4 yards per game and 4.8 per attempt (21st in the NFL).
- Barkley has 28 catches on 35 targets for 189 yards. He has not scored a receiving touchdown.
- Daniel Bellinger has two touchdown catches this season, and has 16 receptions for 152 yards on 18 targets, while averaging 2.3 catches and 21.7 yards per game.
- Darius Slayton has 16 catches for 232 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 24 times in the passing game, and averages 2.3 receptions and 33.1 yards through seven games played.
- On the defensive side, Julian Love has 1.0 sack (third on the Giants) to go with 3.0 TFL, 54 tackles, and one interception in 2022.
- Dexter Lawrence has 28 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks this season.
- Adoree’ Jackson has totaled 42 tackles and 2.0 TFL so far this year. He’s second on the Giants in tackles.
- This season, Tae Crowder has 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- Dameon Pierce has rushed for three touchdowns this year, and has 678 total rushing yards (84.8 per game and 4.6 per carry).
- Pierce has also figured into the passing game with 98 yards (12.3 per game) on 20 receptions (2.5 per game), while being targeted 24 times. He has one receiving touchdown.
- Davis Mills has 1,656 passing yards, 10 touchdowns and eight interceptions. His completion percentage is 62.8% and he averages 207.0 yards per game and 6.4 per attempt.
- Through seven games played this season, Brandin Cooks has 32 catches (4.6 receptions per game on 7.6 targets per game) for 354 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Nico Collins has 305 receiving yards from 18 receptions after receiving 30 targets.
- So far in 2022, Jalen Pitre has 59 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions over eight games.
- Jonathan Owens has 68 tackles.
- Christian Kirksey has 0.5 sacks in addition to his 2.0 TFL, 56 tackles, and one interception.
- Jerry Hughes has totaled 7.0 sacks (first on the Texans and sixth in the NFL) as well as 6.0 TFL, 19 tackles, and one interception.
Giants vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Giants, and we expect that Giants will cover the spread (Giants -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Giants vs. Texans
You can bet on Giants vs. Texans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Giants vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.