On Sunday, November 20, 2022, the New York Giants (7-2) and the Detroit Lions (3-6) clash at MetLife Stadium.
Giants vs. Lions Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with sportsbooks listing the Giants as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Giants have -165 odds to pick up the win, while the Lions are listed at +140 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 44.5 points.
How to Watch Giants vs. Lions Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 20, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Giants are putting up 325.8 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 23rd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 19th, giving up 350.2 yards per game. The Giants rank 22nd in scoring offense (20.8 points per game) and ninth in scoring defense (19.2 points allowed per game) this season.
The Giants have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking third-worst with 161.0 passing yards per contest. Defensively, they are ranked 18th in the NFL (217.0 passing yards allowed per game). Offensively, the Giants have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking third-best in the NFL by averaging 164.8 per game. They rank 24th on defense (133.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Giants rank 16th in third-down percentage this season (40.8%), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with a 32.7% third-down conversion rate allowed. The Giants rank 25th in offensive yards per play (5.1) and 23rd in yards per play allowed (5.8) this year. The Giants have the sixth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +4, forcing 12 turnovers (15th in NFL) while turning it over eight times (third in NFL).
The Lions rank sixth in total yards per game (371.2), but they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking worst in the NFL with 416.2 total yards conceded per contest. The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, allowing 29.3 points per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank ninth with 24.3 points per contest.
With 241.4 passing yards per game on offense, the Lions rank eighth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 27th, giving up 255.3 passing yards per contest. The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five in run defense this season, surrendering 160.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 10th with 129.8 rushing yards per contest.
The Lions have been struggling on third down, ranking worst with a 51.4% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. They have been better on offense, compiling a 40.0% third-down rate (19th-ranked). On the defensive side of the ball, the Lions are a bottom-five unit in terms of yards per play, ceding 6.5 (worst). On the bright side, they are excelling on the offensive side of the ball, accumulating 5.9 yards per play (fifth-best). With 10 forced turnovers (21st in NFL) and 12 turnovers committed (15th in NFL) this season, the Lions rank 21st in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Giants vs. Lions Injury Report
Giants vs. Lions Betting Analysis
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants are 7-2-0 against the spread this season. The Giants have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
This season, Giants games have hit the over twice. The Giants were listed as the moneyline favorite only one time last season, a game they lost.
The Giants did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -165 or shorter.
Lions Betting Insights
The Lions have covered the spread five times this year (5-3-1). In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Lions have an ATS record of 4-1-1.
This season, six Lions games have gone over the point total. The Lions have entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won three of those games.
The Lions have entered five games this season as the underdog by +140 or more and are 1-4 in those contests.
Giants vs. Lions Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.5||41.7||43.5|
|Implied Total AVG||23.2||22.2||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-1||2-0||3-1|
|Point Total AVG||49.4||49.4||49.4|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||26.4||27.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||2-2||1-3|
Players to Watch
- Saquon Barkley has recorded 931 rushing yards (second in the NFL) with six touchdowns (103.4 yards per game through nine games). His 4.7 yards per attempt rank 25th in the league.
- Barkley has been targeted 36 times in the receiving game and has 29 catches (3.2 per game) for 197 yards (21.9 per game) and zero TDs.
- Daniel Jones has thrown for 1,596 yards, eight touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He averages 177.3 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt, while completing 65.8%.
- He has rushed for 387 yards (second on the Giants) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 43.0 rushing yards per game.
- In the passing game, Darius Slayton, has contributed with 327 receiving yards and two touchdowns after catching 19 balls on 28 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 40.9 yards and 2.4 receptions over eight games.
- Daniel Bellinger averages 2.3 receptions and 21.7 yards per game, and has 152 total receiving yards and 16 catches. He’s gotten 18 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- On the defensive side, Julian Love has 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL, 59 tackles, and one interception in 2022.
- Dexter Lawrence has 5.0 sacks (first on the Giants) to go with 4.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Adoree’ Jackson has recorded 48 tackles and 2.0 TFL this year.
- So far this season, Jihad Ward has 26 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Jared Goff has thrown for 2,277 yards this year (to rank 10th in the NFL), with 15 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) and seven interceptions. He is completing 63.8% of his attempts while averaging 253.0 yards per game and 7.6 per attempt.
- Jamaal Williams has scored nine rushing touchdowns, while totaling 604 rushing yards (4.3 per attempt and 67.1 per game).
- So far this season, Amon-Ra St. Brown has caught 49 passes for 518 receiving yards with three touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 70 total times and is averaging 6.1 receptions per game over eight games played.
- D’Andre Swift has scored two touchdowns on the ground, while running for 253 total yards (6.3 per carry and 42.2 per game).
- Swift has tacked on 17 catches (2.8 per game) for 150 yards (25.0 per game) and two receiving touchdowns. He has been on the receiving end of 24 targets.
- Alex Anzalone’s 2022 effort includes 70 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in nine games. He leads the Lions in tackles.
- Jeff Okudah has one interception on top of 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and five passes defended.
- DeShon Elliott has 4.0 TFL, 56 tackles, and one interception.
- Malcolm Rodriguez’s season stats include 50 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in eight games. He is third on the Lions in tackles.
Giants vs. Lions Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Giants, and we project that Giants will cover the spread (Giants -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 44.5 points.
How to Bet on Giants vs. Lions
You can bet on Giants vs. Lions at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Giants vs. Lions picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.