A red-hot New York Giants (5-1) squad visits the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-4) on Sunday, October 23, 2022 at TIAA Bank Field. The Giants have emerged victorious in three consecutive games.
Jaguars vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Jaguars as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Jaguars have -165 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +140 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43.5 points.
How to Watch Jaguars vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
The Jaguars are averaging 357.8 yards per game on offense (11th in NFL), and they rank 11th on defense with 333.8 yards allowed per game. Offensively, the Jaguars rank 15th in the NFL with 23.0 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank ninth in points allowed (333.8 points allowed per contest).
The Jaguars are averaging 221.2 passing yards per game offensively this year (20th in NFL), and they are giving up 244.5 passing yards per game (20th) on defense. Defensively, the Jaguars have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking third-best by allowing only 89.3 per game. They rank ninth on offense (136.7 rushing yards per game).
The Jaguars are averaging a 41.1% third-down conversion rate on offense (13th in the NFL), and they rank 24th defensively with a 43.4% third-down percentage allowed. The Jaguars rank 11th in offensive yards per play (5.6) and eighth in yards per play allowed (5.2) this year. The Jaguars rank 17th in the league with an even turnover margin after forcing 9 turnovers (11th in the NFL) while committing nine (22nd in the NFL).
The Giants rank 25th with 317.3 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 14th with 339.3 total yards given up per contest on defense. From an offensive standpoint, the Giants are accumulating 21.2 points per game (19th-ranked). They rank seventh in the NFL on the other side of the ball (18.8 points given up per game).
The Giants’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 154.3 passing yards per game. They have been better on defense, giving up 194.5 passing yards per contest (eighth-ranked). On the defensive side of the ball, the Giants are a bottom-five run unit, ceding 144.8 rushing yards per game (fifth-worst). Fortunately, they are excelling on the other side of the ball, accumulating 163.0 rushing yards per contest (fourth-best).
The Giants’ third-down defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with a 32.4% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, they are putting up a 38.5% third-down rate, which ranks 18th. In terms of yards per play, the Giants rank 21st in the NFL (5.1) and 22nd on the other side of the ball (5.8 yards allowed per play). The Giants own a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks eighth in the NFL.
Jaguars vs. Giants Injury Report
|Marvin Jones Jr.||WR||Hamstring||Questionable|
Jaguars vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have put together a record of 2-4-0 against the spread this season. The Jaguars have yet to cover a spread (0-1) when they are at least 3.5-point favorites.
This season, Jaguars games have hit the over four times. The Jaguars were the moneyline favorite only two times last season, and they lost both games.
The Jaguars played as a moneyline favorite of -165 or shorter in only two games last season, and they lost both.
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants are 5-1-0 against the spread this year. The Giants have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
Games involving the Giants have hit the over twice this season. The Giants have been the underdog in four games this season but picked up the win in all of them.
The Giants are undefeated in three games this season when they’re the underdog by +140 or more on the moneyline.
Jaguars vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.5||43.5||43.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||24.0||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||1-0||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||42.2||41.8||43.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.2||22.0||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-0||2-0||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Trevor Lawrence has 1,397 passing yards in six games this year, averaging 232.8 per game with a 65.5% completion percentage and nine touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) against four interceptions.
- He has added 81 rushing yards (13.5 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- James Robinson has racked up 340 rushing yards with three touchdowns (56.7 yards per game through six games). His 4.2 yards per attempt rank 38th in the NFL.
- Robinson’s 10 targets through the air have resulted in nine catches (1.5 per game) for 46 yards (7.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- In the passing attack, Christian Kirk, has racked up 362 receiving yards and four touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) after hauling in 25 balls on 44 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 60.3 yards and 4.2 receptions over six games.
- In the ground game, Travis Etienne averages 5.6 yards per attempt (10th in the NFL) and 50.2 yards per game for 301 total rushing yards. He is still looking to score his first rushing TD of the season.
- He has added 13 catches (on 18 targets) for 146 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 24.3 receiving yards and 2.2 receptions per game.
- On the defensive side, Foyesade Oluokun has 1.0 sack (fourth on the Jaguars) to go with 5.0 TFL and 58 tackles in 2022.
- Devin Lloyd has 56 tackles and two interceptions.
- Josh Allen has totaled 17 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one pass defended.
- So far this season, Rayshawn Jenkins has 36 tackles and one interception.
- Saquon Barkley has rushed for four touchdowns this year, and has put up 616 total rushing yards (102.7 per game and 5.2 per carry).
- On top of his impact in the run game, Barkley has caught 21 passes (on 26 targets) for 155 yards (second on the Giants). He’s averaging 25.8 yards per game.
- Through six games, Daniel Jones has 1,021 passing yards, with five touchdowns against two interceptions and completing 67.3% of his passes.
- Jones also has two rushing touchdowns and 236 rushing yards (second on the Giants).
- In six games played this season, Daniel Bellinger has 15 catches (2.5 receptions per game on 2.8 targets per game) for 139 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Richie James Jr. has 19 catches for 189 yards without a receiving touchdown. He averages 3.2 yards per game through six games and has been targeted 24 times.
- In 2022, Julian Love has recorded 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL, 38 tackles, and one interception through six games.
- Dexter Lawrence has 22 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks.
- Jihad Ward has 23 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in the 2022 season. He is fifth on the Giants in tackles.
- Tae Crowder’s season stats include 31 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack through six games. He is third on the Giants in tackles.
Jaguars vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Jaguars, and we expect that Giants will cover the spread (Jaguars -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 43.5 points.
How to Bet on Jaguars vs. Giants
You can bet on Jaguars vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Jaguars vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.