As they look to stop a five-game losing streak, the Indianapolis Colts (4-10-1) visit the New York Giants (8-6-1) at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, January 1, 2023.
Giants vs. Colts Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Giants as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Giants have -250 odds to pick up the win, while the Colts are listed at +210 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 39 points.
How to Watch Giants vs. Colts Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
On offense, the Giants rank 20th in the NFL with 333.2 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 27th in total defense (366.3 yards allowed per contest). The Giants are totaling 20.7 points per game on offense this season (20th in NFL), and they are giving up 22.6 points per game (20th) on defense.
The Giants are totaling 188.3 passing yards per game on offense this season (27th in NFL), and they are giving up 220.5 passing yards per game (19th) on defense. Despite having a bottom-five run defense that ranks fifth-worst in the NFL (145.9 rushing yards allowed per game), the Giants have put up better results on the other side of the ball, ranking sixth in the NFL by putting up 144.9 rushing yards per game.
The Giants rank 23rd in third-down percentage this year (36.6%), but they’ve been thriving on defense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 35.8% third-down percentage allowed. The Giants rank 21st in offensive yards per play (5.2) and 26th in yards per play allowed (5.8) this year. With 17 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) against 15 turnovers committed (first in NFL), the Giants’ +2 turnover margin ranks 11th in the NFL.
The Colts’ offense has been bottom-five in total offense this season, compiling 309.9 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 11th with 328.3 total yards surrendered per contest. The Colts’ offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up 16.5 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 25th with 23.8 points allowed per contest.
The Colts are generating 207.1 passing yards per game on offense this season (23rd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 206.1 passing yards per game (11th-ranked) on defense. From an offensive angle, the Colts are putting up 102.8 rushing yards per contest (25th-ranked). They rank 20th in the NFL on defense (122.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Colts’ third-down offense has been bottom-five this season, registering a 33.5% third-down rate, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank seventh with a 37.4% third-down rate allowed. The Colts’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, putting up 4.8, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank eighth, allowing 5.1 yards per play. At -13, the Colts sport the worst turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Giants vs. Colts Injury Report
|Kenny Moore II||CB||Ankle||Questionable|
Giants vs. Colts Betting Analysis
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have covered the spread 11 times this season (11-4-0).
Giants games have gone over the total six times this season. The Giants were the moneyline favorite just one time last season, a game they lost.
The Giants never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -250 or shorter.
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts are 6-9-0 against the spread this year. In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Colts have an ATS record of 1-1.
This year, five Colts games have gone over the point total. This season, the Colts have won three out of the nine games in which they’ve been the underdog.
This season, the Colts have been at least a +210 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Giants vs. Colts Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.0||42.1||44.1|
|Implied Total AVG||23.7||22.8||24.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-4-1||2-1-1||4-3|
|Point Total AVG||43.5||43.6||43.4|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||23.9||24.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-4-1||1-3||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||1-2||2-4|
Players to Watch
- Daniel Jones has passed for 3,028 yards, 13 touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He averages 201.9 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt, while completing 66.5% of his attempts.
- To go along with his passing stats, Jones has 617 rushing yards (second on the Giants), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Saquon Barkley has put up 1,254 rushing yards (fourth in the NFL) with 10 touchdowns (83.6 yards per game across 15 games). His 4.4 yards per attempt rank 26th in the league.
- Barkley’s 72 targets in the passing game have resulted in 55 catches (3.7 per game) for 343 yards (22.9 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- In the passing attack, Darius Slayton, has contributed with 710 receiving yards and two touchdowns after pulling down 44 balls on 68 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 50.7 yards and 3.1 receptions through 14 games.
- Richie James Jr. has 493 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 50 catches on 64 targets. He’s averaging 3.3 receptions and 32.9 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Julian Love has 1.0 sack to go with 6.0 TFL, 110 tackles, and two interceptions in 2022.
- Dexter Lawrence has 63 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 6.5 sacks, and three passes defended.
- Kayvon Thibodeaux has put up 43 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks so far this year.
- So far this season, Jaylon Smith has 81 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack. He’s second on the Giants in tackles.
- Matt Ryan is averaging 6.6 passing yards per attempt (27th in the NFL) and 254.8 yards per game this year, completing 67.0% of his passes on the way to 3,057 total yards, 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions through 12 games.
- Ryan has also rushed for one touchdown and 70 yards (fourth on the Colts).
- Michael Pittman Jr. has 854 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 90 receptions (eighth in the NFL), while being targeted 128 times.
- In 15 games played this season, Parris Campbell has 54 catches (3.6 receptions per game on 5.1 targets per game) for 529 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Alec Pierce has 35 catches for 536 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 2.5 yards per game through 14 games and has been targeted 68 times.
- In 2022, Zaire Franklin has recorded 2.0 sacks to go with 10.0 TFL and 148 tackles through 15 games.
- Bobby Okereke has 127 tackles and 4.0 TFL. He is second on the Colts in tackles.
- DeForest Buckner has 65 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 8.0 sacks in the 2022 campaign. He is fifth on the Colts in tackles.
- Rodney McLeod has totaled 6.0 TFL, 81 tackles, and one interception through 15 games.
Giants vs. Colts Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Giants, and we predict that Giants will cover the spread (Giants -5.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 39 points.
How to Bet on Giants vs. Colts
You can bet on Giants vs. Colts at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Giants vs. Colts picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.