Sunday, October 2, 2022 will see the New York Giants (2-1) match up against the Chicago Bears (2-1) at MetLife Stadium.
Giants vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Giants as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Giants have -145 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +125 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 38.5 points.
How to Watch Giants vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Giants rank 21st in total offense (331.7 yards per game) and 16th in total defense (341.7 yards allowed per game) this year. On offense, the Giants rank 18th in the NFL with 18.7 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in points allowed (341.7 points allowed per contest). The Giants rank third-worst in passing offense (162.3 passing yards per game), but they’ve been slightly better on defense, ranking 10th with 203.3 passing yards allowed per game. On offense, the Giants have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by averaging 169.3 per game. They rank 25th on defense (138.3 rushing yards allowed per game). The Giants own the fourth-best third-down defense this season (27.8% third-down percentage allowed), but they rank fourth-worst on offense (28.2% third-down conversion rate). This season, the Giants are gaining 5.1 yards per play (21st in the league), while surrendering 5.9 per play on the defensive side of the ball (24th in the NFL). With three forced turnovers (18th in NFL) against three turnovers committed (seventh in NFL), the Giants’ even turnover margin ranks 13th in the league.
The Bears rank worst in total yards per game (265.0), but they’ve been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 20th in the NFL with 358.0 total yards allowed per contest. In terms of points scored the Bears rank 20th in the NFL (17.3 points per game), and they are 11th defensively (19.0 points allowed per game). The Bears’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking worst in the NFL with 78.3 passing yards per game. They have been better on defense, allowing 201.0 passing yards per contest (ninth-ranked). On the defensive side of the ball, the Bears are a bottom-five run unit, allowing 157.0 rushing yards per game (third-worst). On the bright side, they are thriving on the offensive side of the ball, accumulating 186.7 rushing yards per contest (second-best). In terms of third-down efficiency, the Bears rank 23rd in the NFL (34.3% third-down conversion rate) and 20th on the other side of the ball (42.1% third-down rate allowed). The Bears are putting up 5.0 yards per play on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.7 yards per play (19th-ranked) on defense. The Bears have registered five forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) and committed four turnovers (15th in NFL) this season for a +1 turnover margin that ranks 10th in the NFL.
Giants vs. Bears Injury Report
Giants: CB Nick McCloud: Out (Hamstring), FB Leonard Williams: Out (Knee), WR Wan’Dale Robinson: Out (Knee), WR Kadarius Toney: Out (Hamstring), WR Sterling Shepard: Out (Knee), DB Cordale Flott: Out (Calf)
Bears: FB Robert Quinn: Questionable (Illness), WR Byron Pringle: Out (Calf), LB Matthew Adams: Doubtful (Hamstring), TE Ryan Griffin: Doubtful (Achilles), DB Dane Cruikshank: Out (Hamstring), RB David Montgomery: Out (Knee), DB Jaylon Johnson: Out (Quad), WR Velus Jones Jr.: Questionable (Hamstring), K Cairo Santos: Questionable (Non injury related (personal)), LB Sterling Weatherford: Questionable (Ankle)
Giants vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have covered the spread twice in three games with a set spread. Giants games have gone over the total once this season. The Giants were listed as the moneyline favorite just one time last season, a game they lost. The Giants did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -145 or shorter.
Bears Betting Insights
The Bears have covered the spread one time over three games with a set spread. In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Bears have an ATS record of 1-1. Bears games have gone over the total once this year. The Bears have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. This season, the Bears have won one of their two games when they’re the underdog by at least +125 on the moneyline.
Giants vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.0||41.0||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||22.0||20.5||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-0||1-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||40.0||39.0||42.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.3||22.0||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Saquon Barkley averages 6.0 yards per attempt (sixth in the NFL) and 105.7 yards per game for 317 total rushing yards (second in the NFL). He has recorded two rushing touchdowns this season.
- He’s also caught 13 passes (on 15 targets) for 91 receiving yards with zero touchdowns. He’s averaging 30.3 receving yards and 4.3 catches per game.
- Daniel Jones has passed for 560 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He is averaging 186.7 yards per game and 6.1 per attempt, while completing 64.1%.
- He has added 125 rushing yards (41.7 per game) without a touchdown on the ground.
- Richie James Jr. has not yet caught a touchdown pass, but has 14 catches for 146 yards on 17 targets, while averaging 4.7 catches and 48.7 yards per game.
- Daniel Bellinger averages 1.7 receptions and 18.7 yards per game, and has 56 total receiving yards and five catches. He’s gotten six total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- On defense, Julian Love has 25 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in 2022.
- Xavier McKinney has 1.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Oshane Ximines has put up 11 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this year.
- This season, Jihad Ward has 16 tackles and 2.0 TFL.
- So far this year in three games, Khalil Herbert has racked up 240 rushing yards (leading the Bears and seventh in the NFL) and scored three rushing touchdowns. He averages 80.0 yards per game and 7.3 per carry (third in the NFL).
- Through three games, Justin Fields has 297 passing yards, with two touchdowns against four interceptions and completing 51.1% of his attempts.
- He has added 95 rushing yards (third on the Bears), with one touchdown on the ground (averaging 31.7 yards per game and 3.5 per carry).
- David Montgomery is averaging 53.0 rushing yards per game this season (159 total yards), but has yet to score a rushing touchdown.
- Montgomery has helped in the passing attack, picking up 38 receiving yards (12.7 per game) on five catches (1.7 per game), while being targeted six times. He is trying for his first receiving touchdown.
- Equanimeous St. Brown has 77 receiving yards and one touchdown from four receptions after receiving nine targets.
- So far in 2022, Roquan Smith has amassed 0.5 sacks to go with 2.0 TFL, 36 tackles, and one interception over three games.
- Eddie Jackson has 1.0 TFL, 20 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Nicholas Morrow has recorded 2.0 TFL and 22 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Justin Jones has totaled 1.0 sack (third on the Bears) as well as 3.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
Giants vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Bears, and we predict that Bears will cover the spread (Giants -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 38.5 points.
How to Bet on Giants vs. Bears
You can bet on Giants vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Giants vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.