The Atlanta Falcons (5-10) are attempting to rebound from a four-game losing streak as they head into their home matchup on January 1, 2023 against a reeling Arizona Cardinals squad (4-11), who have suffered five straight losses.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Falcons as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Falcons have -245 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +205 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 41.5 points.
How to Watch Falcons vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The Falcons have the 27th-ranked offense this year (315.8 yards per game), and they’ve been worse defensively, ranking fifth-worst with 373.0 yards allowed per game. The Falcons are totaling 21.0 points per game on offense this year (17th in NFL), and they are allowing 23.3 points per game (23rd) on defense.
The Falcons have been a bottom-five pass offense this year, ranking second-worst with 155.0 passing yards per game. On defense, they are ranked 25th in the NFL (239.5 passing yards allowed per game). The Falcons sport the 24th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (133.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking third-best with 160.8 rushing yards per game.
Despite sporting a bottom-five defense on third down that ranks third-worst in the NFL (46.4% third-down conversion rate), the Falcons have had more success offensively, ranking 12th in the NFL by posting a 41.8% third-down conversion rate. This season, the Falcons are gaining 5.4 yards per play (15th in the league), while allowing 5.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (26th in the NFL). With 16 forced turnovers (23rd in NFL) against 19 turnovers committed (12th in NFL), the Falcons (-3) have the 23rd-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
In terms of total yards, the Cardinals rank 22nd in the NFL (327.0 total yards per game) and 22nd on the other side of the ball (354.8 total yards allowed per game). The Cardinals rank 21st in points per game (20.5), but they’ve been less productive defensively, ranking third-worst in the NFL with 26.1 points surrendered per contest.
From an offensive perspective, the Cardinals are putting up 214.6 passing yards per contest (18th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on defense (240.5 passing yards given up per game). In terms of rushing, the Cardinals rank 20th in the NFL on offense (112.4 rushing yards per game) and 12th on the other side of the ball (114.3 rushing yards allowed per contest).
From an offensive standpoint, the Cardinals are posting a 34.9% third-down conversion rate (26th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on defense (42.5% third-down rate allowed). The Cardinals rank fourth-worst in yards per play (4.8), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 20th in the NFL with 5.6 yards allowed per play. After forcing 19 turnovers (17th in NFL) and turning the ball over 21 times (22nd in NFL) this season, the Cardinals sport the 20th-ranked turnover margin of -2.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Injury Report
Falcons vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-7-0).
Falcons games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season. The Falcons won four of the six games they were the moneyline favorite last season (66.7%).
The Falcons played as a moneyline favorite of -245 or shorter in only one game last season, which they won.
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals are 7-8-0 against the spread this season. The Cardinals have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
Games involving Cardinals have hit the over seven times this year. The Cardinals have been underdogs in 12 games this season and won three (25%) of those contests.
The Cardinals have been at least a +205 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.4||45.9||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||24.0||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-9||2-3||1-6|
|Point Total AVG||46.1||46.8||45.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.8||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-9||0-7||3-2|
Players to Watch
- Tyler Allgeier has put up 817 rushing yards with two touchdowns (58.4 yards per game across 14 games). His 4.9 yards per attempt rank 11th in the league.
- Allgeier has 16 targets, 15 receptions, 127 receiving yards and one TD through the air.
- Cordarrelle Patterson’s rushing output this season includes 635 yards and six TDs. He is averaging 57.7 yards per game and 4.9 per attempt (11th in the NFL).
- Drake London has four touchdown catches this season, and has 61 receptions for 699 yards on 101 targets, while averaging 4.1 catches and 46.6 yards per game.
- Olamide Zaccheaus has racked up 496 receiving yards and two touchdowns with 36 catches on 54 targets. He’s averaging 2.4 receptions and 33.1 yards per game.
- On defense, Rashaan Evans has 2.0 sacks (fourth on the Falcons) to go with 6.0 TFL and 152 tackles in 2022.
- Mykal Walker has 105 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions this season.
- This season, Richie Grant has put up 3.0 TFL, 105 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Grady Jarrett has 52 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 6.0 sacks, and three passes defended.
- James Conner averages 58.6 rushing yards per game this year (703 total yards), while scoring seven rushing touchdowns.
- On top of his rushing statistics, Conner has caught 43 passes (on 55 targets) for 269 yards (sixth on the Cardinals), with one receiving touchdown. He’s averaging 22.4 yards per game.
- Marquise Brown has 641 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 60 receptions, while being targeted 94 times.
- So far this season, Greg Dortch has caught 44 passes for 422 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 50 total times and is averaging 3.1 receptions per game over 14 games played.
- Robby Anderson has 19 catches for 269 yards and one receiving touchdown. He averages 1.3 yards per game through 15 games and has been targeted 43 times.
- Isaiah Simmons’ 2022 effort includes 85 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and two interceptions in 15 games. He is fourth on the Cardinals in tackles.
- Zaven Collins has 2.0 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL, 94 tackles, and one interception.
- J.J. Watt has 33 tackles, 14.0 TFL, 9.5 sacks, and six passes defended in the 2022 season.
- Jalen Thompson has intercepted one pass in addition to 91 tackles and eight passes defended.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Falcons, and we expect that Falcons will cover the spread (Falcons -5.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 41.5 points.
How to Bet on Falcons vs. Cardinals
You can bet on Falcons vs. Cardinals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Falcons vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.