The Arizona Cardinals (1-8), who are skidding through a six-game losing streak, head into a bout against the Atlanta Falcons (4-5) on Sunday, November 12, 2023 at State Farm Stadium.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2 points, with sportsbooks listing the Falcons as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Falcons have -130 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +110 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43.5 points.
How to Watch Falcons vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 12, 2023
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
The Falcons rank 11th in total offense (344.3 yards per game) and sixth in total defense (304 yards allowed per game) this season. The Falcons are totaling 18.4 points per game on offense, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 18th, giving up 21.3 points per contest.
The Falcons are totaling 219.9 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 17th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 10th, giving up 197.1 passing yards per game. The Falcons are putting up 124.4 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them ninth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 14th, giving up 106.9 rushing yards per game.
The Falcons are putting up a 40.5% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (14th in NFL), and they are surrendering a 35% third-down percentage (eighth) on the defensive side of the ball. The Falcons are gaining 5.2 yards per play on offense (15th in the league), while sporting the fifth-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.9) this season. With nine forced turnovers (24th in NFL) against 16 turnovers committed (27th in NFL), the Falcons’ -7 turnover margin is the second-worst in the NFL.
The Cardinals rank 26th with 289.7 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 24th with 352.4 total yards ceded per game on defense. This season has been difficult for the Cardinals on both sides of the ball, as they are averaging only 16.8 points per game (fifth-worst) and surrendering 26.7 points per game (fifth-worst).
The Cardinals’ passing offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, putting up 162.7 passing yards per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 17th with 223.8 passing yards surrendered per contest. The Cardinals rank eighth in the NFL with 127 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank 26th with 128.7 rushing yards ceded per contest on defense.
In terms of third-down efficiency, the Cardinals rank 22nd in the NFL (36.5% third-down conversion rate) and 27th on defense (43.8% third-down rate allowed). The Cardinals are accumulating 4.7 yards per play on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 5.4 yards per play (22nd-ranked) on defense. The Cardinals have accumulated 10 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) and committed 12 turnovers (15th in NFL) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 18th in the NFL.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Injury Report
|Logan Woodside||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Travis Bell||DT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Blake Whiteheart||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
Falcons vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have covered the spread only two times in nine games with a set spread. In games they have played as 2-point favorites or more, the Falcons have an ATS record of 1-5.
This season, Falcons games have hit the over three times.
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have gone 4-5-0 against the spread this year. In games this season when an underdog by 2 points or more, the Cardinals are 4-5 against the spread.
Games involving Cardinals have hit the over five times this season. This season, the Cardinals have been the underdog nine times and won one of those games.
The Cardinals have entered nine games this season as the underdog by +110 or more and are 1-8 in those contests.
Falcons vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||40.7||40.7||40.6|
|Implied Team Total AVG||21.8||21.8||21.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||3-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||0-0||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||42.8||43.4||42.4|
|Implied Team Total AVG||26.2||25.5||26.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-8||1-3||0-5|
Players to Watch
- Desmond Ridder has 1,701 passing yards in eight games this year, averaging 212.6 per game with a 65.4% completion percentage and six touchdowns against six interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 139 yards (third on the Falcons) and added three touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 17.4 rushing yards per game.
- Bijan Robinson’s rushing statline this season includes 517 yards (ninth in the NFL) and one TD. He is averaging 57.4 yards per game and 5 per attempt (sixth in the NFL).
- He’s hauled in 28 passes (on 41 targets) for 197 receiving yards with two touchdowns. He’s averaging 21.9 receiving yards and 3.1 catches per game.
- Tyler Allgeier has 371 rushing yards with three touchdowns (41.2 yards per game across nine games).
- Drake London has 438 receiving yards and two touchdowns with 37 catches on 57 targets. He’s averaging 4.6 receptions and 54.8 yards per game.
- On the defensive side for the Falcons, Jessie Bates III has racked up 60 tackles, one TFL, and three interceptions in 2023.
- Kaden Elliss has 62 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
- Richie Grant has totaled one interception and also has 59 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended.
- Nathan Landman has one sack in addition to his three TFL and 61 tackles on the year.
- So far this year, Marquise Brown has 42 receptions for 440 yards with four receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 77 times and averages 4.7 catches per game in nine games played.
- Michael Wilson has 25 catches for 401 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 33 times and averages 3.1 receptions per game in eight games played.
- James Conner is averaging 72.8 rushing yards per game this season (364 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- Trey McBride has been targeted 40 times, resulting in 28 catches for 287 yards .
- Kyzir White has intercepted one pass in addition to 76 tackles, nine TFL, two sacks, and two passes defended in 2023.
- Dennis Gardeck has four sacks (first on the Cardinals) to go with six TFL and 24 tackles.
- Zaven Collins has intercepted one pass on top of 21 tackles, five TFL, 3.5 sacks, and two passes defended during the 2023 season.
- Jalen Thompson’s stat sheet includes one interception as well as 37 tackles, three TFL, and three passes defended in seven games
Falcons vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Falcons, and we expect that Falcons will cover the spread (Falcons -2). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 43.5 points.
How to Bet on Falcons vs. Cardinals
You can bet this Falcons vs. Cardinals pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Falcons vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.