The Atlanta Falcons (2-3) stay home at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sunday, October 16, 2022 to challenge the San Francisco 49ers (3-2).
49ers vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -225 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at +190 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The 49ers rank 19th in total offense this year (339.0 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking best in the NFL with 249.2 yards allowed per game. On defense, the 49ers have been a top-five unit, ranking best by allowing only 12.2 points per game. They rank 16th on offense (21.6 points per game).
The 49ers rank 25th in passing yards this year (200.2 per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 177.8 passing yards allowed per game. The 49ers have the eighth-ranked offense this season in terms of rushing yards (138.8 per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking best with just 71.4 rushing yards allowed per game.
Defensively, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking third-best by allowing a 30.0% third-down conversion rate. They rank 11th on offense (40.9% third-down percentage). This season, the 49ers are gaining 5.7 yards per play on offense (12th in the league), while sporting the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.0). The 49ers have forced seven total turnovers (13th in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (10th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +1, ninth-ranked in the league.
From an offensive standpoint, the Falcons are posting 331.4 total yards per contest (24th-ranked). They rank 27th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (393.0 total yards allowed per game). From an offensive perspective, the Falcons are putting up 23.6 points per game (10th-ranked). They rank 21st in the NFL defensively (24.4 points given up per game).
In terms of passing, this season has been ugly for the Falcons on both offense and defense, as they are averaging only 166.8 passing yards per contest (third-worst) and surrendering 278.2 passing yards per game (fourth-worst). The Falcons’ run offense has been dominant, posting 164.6 rushing yards per contest (fourth-best) this season. On defense, they rank 16th by giving up 114.8 rushing yards per game.
The Falcons’ defense has been a bottom-five unit on third down this season, allowing a 47.1% third-down conversion rate, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 17th with a 47.1% third-down rate. In terms of yards per play, the Falcons rank 15th in the NFL (5.6) and 22nd defensively (5.9 yards allowed per play). With seven forced turnovers (13th in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (22nd in NFL) this season, the Falcons rank 21st in the NFL with a turnover margin of -1.
49ers vs. Falcons Injury Report
49ers vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have covered the spread three times this season (3-2-0). The 49ers are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
Games involving the 49ers have hit the over once this season. The 49ers finished with an 8-6 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 57.1% of those games).
The 49ers went 4-1 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -225 or shorter (80%).
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have covered the spread in each of its five games with a set spread. In games they were an underdog in by 4.5 points or more so far this year, the Falcons went 3-0 against the spread.
This season, three Falcons games have gone over the point total. This season, the Falcons have been the underdog five times and won two of those games.
The Falcons have been at least a +190 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
49ers vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||40.9||40.8||41.0|
|Implied Total AVG||22.8||23.0||22.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-0||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||45.7||46.3||45.3|
|Implied Total AVG||25.2||24.0||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||1-1||1-2|
Players to Watch
- Jimmy Garoppolo has 857 passing yards in four games this year, averaging 214.3 per game with a 60.7% completion percentage and five touchdowns against one interception.
- He has also rushed for 7 yards (eighth on the 49ers) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 1.8 rushing yards per game.
- Deebo Samuel‘s 266 receiving yards this season have come from 38 targets and 20 receptions. He’s averaging 53.2 receiving yards and 4.0 catches per game, with two receiving touchdowns.
- Jeff Wilson Jr.‘s output on the ground this season includes 375 yards (ninth in the NFL) and two TDs. He is averaging 75.0 yards per game and 5.1 per attempt (16th in the NFL).
- Wilson has been on the receiving end of nine targets in the passing game and has eight catches (1.6 per game) for 70 yards (14.0 per game) and zero TDs.
- Brandon Aiyuk averages 3.4 receptions and 47.4 yards per game, and has 237 total receiving yards and 17 catches. He’s gotten 26 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- Over on defense, Talanoa Hufanga has 30 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions in 2022.
- Nick Bosa has 15 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks this season.
- Dre Greenlaw has totaled 48 tackles and 2.0 TFL this year. His tackle total leads the 49ers and is eighth in the NFL.
- Fred Warner has 1.0 sack (fifth on the 49ers) to go with 2.0 TFL and 34 tackles on the year.
- Marcus Mariota is averaging 7.5 passing yards per attempt (12th in the NFL) and 185.2 yards per game this year, completing 57.7% of his passes on the way to 926 total yards, four touchdowns and four interceptions through five games.
- He’s added 156 yards on the ground (third on the Falcons), with two rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 31.2 yards per game and 4.2 per attempt.
- Drake London has 22 catches for 266 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 39 times and averages 4.4 receptions per game through five games played.
- So far this season, Olamide Zaccheaus has caught 12 passes for 213 receiving yards with two touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 14 total times and is averaging 2.4 receptions per game in five games played.
- Tyler Allgeier is scoreless on the ground, but has rushed for 184 total yards (4.7 per attempt and 46.0 per game).
- So far in 2022, Mykal Walker has put up 44 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception over five games.
- Richie Grant’s stats include one interception as well as 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
- Rashaan Evans has 41 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended during the 2022 campaign.
- Grady Jarrett has 18 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks.
49ers vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the 49ers, and we project that Falcons will cover the spread (49ers -4.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Falcons
You can bet on 49ers vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.