Monday, September 19, 2022 will see the Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) challenge the Minnesota Vikings (1-0) at Lincoln Financial Field.
Eagles vs. Vikings Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Vikings are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 50 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Vikings Live?
- Game Day: Monday, September 19, 2022
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
- The Vikings allowed 25.1 points per game last season, about the same amount as the 26.1 the Eagles scored.
- Philadelphia was 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall last season when the team scored more than 25.1 points.
- The Eagles’ offense racked up 23.7 fewer yards per game than the Vikings’ defense allowed last year (359.9 to 383.6). The Eagles earned 5.7 yards per play, while the Vikings allowed 5.7.
- When Philadelphia picked up over 383.6 yards last year, the team was 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Eagles averaged 159.7 rushing yards per game last season, 29.0 more than the Vikings allowed (130.7).
- Philadelphia had a 6-5 ATS record and a 6-5 overall record when the team ran for over 130.7 yards last season.
- The Vikings put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game last year (25.0) as the Eagles gave up (22.6).
- When Minnesota recorded over 22.6 points last season, it was 8-4 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- The Vikings’ offense averaged 362.8 yards per game last season, 34.0 more than the 328.8 the Eagles’ defense surrendered. The Vikings earned 5.7 yards per play, while the Eagles allowed 5.2.
- When Minnesota piled up more than 328.8 yards last year, the team was 7-4 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- The Vikings averaged 113.5 yards on the ground last season, just 5.6 yards more than the Eagles allowed to opposing rushing attacks (107.9).
- Minnesota had a 6-1 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record when the team ran for over 107.9 yards last season.
Eagles vs. Vikings Injury Report
Eagles: DE Derek Barnett: Out (Knee)
Vikings: LB Ryan Connelly: Out (Acl), CB Andrew Booth Jr.: Out (Quad)
Eagles vs. Vikings Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
- The Eagles’ record against the spread last season was 9-8-0.
- The Eagles’ ATS record as 2.5-point favorites or more was 5-2 last year.
- Philadelphia was favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They finished 7-1 in those games.
- Philadelphia had a 6-1 record last year (winning 85.7% of its games) when it played as a moneyline favorite of -140 or shorter.
- Last season, 10 of the Eagles’ 17 games went over the point total.
Vikings Betting Insights
- The Vikings had nine wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- The Vikings went 3-3 as underdogs of 2.5 points or greater last year.
- Minnesota was an underdog in nine games last season and won three (33.3%) of those contests.
- Minnesota had a record of 1-5 in games where sportsbooks had them as underdogs of at least +120 on the moneyline.
- Out of the 17 Vikings’ games last season, 11 hit the over.
Eagles vs. Vikings Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.9||46.8||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||25.9||26.4||25.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-1||3-0||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||0-4||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||48.6||48.9||48.2|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||26.0||26.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||3-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-6||2-2||1-4|
Players to Watch
- Over the course of 15 games played last year, Jalen Hurts totaled 3,144 passing yards, with 16 touchdowns against nine interceptions and completing 61.3% of his attempts.
- Hurts also rushed for 10 touchdowns and 784 yards.
- Devonta Smith had 64 catches for 916 yards and five receiving touchdowns. He was targeted 104 times and averaged 3.8 receptions per game over 17 games played.
- Last season for the Titans, A.J. Brown caught 63 passes for 869 receiving yards with five touchdowns in the passing game. He was targeted 105 total times and averaged 4.8 receptions per game over 13 games played.
- Dallas Goedert had 830 receiving yards and four touchdowns from 56 receptions on 76 targets.
- Kyzir White recorded 1.0 sack to go with 7.0 TFL, 144 tackles, and two interceptions over 17 games for the Chargers in 2021.
- Haason Reddick had 67 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 11.0 sacks for the Panthers.
- In the 2021 campaign, T.J. Edwards had 130 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception over 16 games.
- Javon Hargrave’s stats included 62 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 7.5 sacks, and one pass defended in 16 games
- In 16 games last year, Kirk Cousins threw for 4,221 yards (263.8 yards per game) while recording 33 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 66.3% completion percentage.
- Cousins also provided value on the ground, rushing for 115 yards (4.0 YPC) and one touchdown.
- Justin Jefferson was an important contributor, racking up 1,616 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns on 108 catches.
- Dalvin Cook aided the offense by rushing for 1,159 yards (89.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns.
- Cook put up 224 yards and zero touchdowns on 34 catches as a receiver.
- As an important contributor in the pass game, Adam Thielen produced 726 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns on 67 receptions.
- Last year Eric Kendricks compiled 143 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two interceptions in 15 games.
- Jordan Hicks was on the field for 17 games for the Cardinals last season, recording 117 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
- Harrison Smith played in 15 games and posted one interception to go along with 114 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and seven passes defended.
- The contributions of D.J. Wonnum, who played in 17 games, included 8.0 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
Eagles vs. Vikings Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Eagles, and we predict that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 50 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Vikings
You can bet on Eagles vs. Vikings at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Vikings picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.