On Sunday, January 1, 2023, the Philadelphia Eagles (13-2) and the New Orleans Saints (6-9) go toe to toe at Lincoln Financial Field.
Eagles vs. Saints Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -280 odds to pick up the win, while the Saints are listed at +235 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Saints Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
The Eagles have been firing on all cylinders this year, as they rank third-best in total offense (397.3 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.7 yards allowed per game). The Eagles sport the 10th-ranked defense this season (20.5 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking best with 29.7 points per game.
The Eagles rank ninth in passing yards this year (243.5 per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 181.1 passing yards allowed per game. The Eagles rank 18th in run defense this year (120.7 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 153.8 rushing yards per game.
The Eagles rank 14th in third-down defense this year (38.9% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with a 48.0% third-down percentage. The Eagles have been thriving on both sides of the ball in terms of yards per play, ranking fourth-best in yards per play on offense (6.0) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.8). The Eagles own the second-best turnover margin in the NFL at +9, forcing 26 turnovers (second in NFL) while turning it over 17 times (sixth in NFL).
In terms of total yards, the Saints rank 18th in the NFL (337.1 total yards per game) and ninth defensively (322.4 total yards allowed per game). In terms of points scored the Saints rank 22nd in the NFL (20.2 points per game), and they are 14th on the other side of the ball (21.7 points allowed per contest).
The Saints’ pass defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank second-best in the NFL with 190.4 passing yards allowed per contest. In terms of offense, they are compiling 223.0 passing yards per game, which ranks 15th. In terms of rushing, the Saints rank 19th in the NFL on offense (114.1 rushing yards per game) and 23rd on defense (132.0 rushing yards allowed per contest).
With a 40.5% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Saints rank 14th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 24th, allowing a 41.5% third-down rate. The Saints have been dominant on defense in terms of yards per play, allowing only 5.0 (fifth-best). Offensively, they rank eighth in the NFL by accumulating 5.7 yards per play. The Saints have forced 11 turnovers this season and have turned it over 23 times, leading to a -12 turnover margin that is second-worst in the NFL.
Eagles vs. Saints Injury Report
Eagles vs. Saints Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles are 8-7-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Eagles have an ATS record of 5-4.
This season, Eagles games have hit the over 10 times. The Eagles went 7-1 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 87.5% of those games).
The Eagles played as a moneyline favorite of -280 or shorter in just two games last season, and they won both.
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have covered the spread six times this season (6-9-0). The Saints have yet to cover a spread (0-1) when they are at least 6.5-point underdogs.
Saints games have gone over the total six times this year. This season, the Saints have been the underdog 10 times and won two of those games.
The Saints have played as an underdog of +235 or more once this season and lost that game.
Eagles vs. Saints Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.8||44.6||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||25.9||27.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||13-1||6-1||7-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.4||43.8||40.7|
|Implied Total AVG||22.7||23.4||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-8||1-4||1-4|
Players to Watch
- DeVonta Smith has brought down 79 passes on 115 targets for 1,014 total yards and seven touchdowns. He is averaging 5.3 catches and 67.6 yards per game in 15 games played.
- Dallas Goedert has 46 catches for 611 yards and three TDs. Through 10 games, he is averaging 4.6 catches and 61.1 yards per game.
- Kenneth Gainwell’s output on the ground this season includes 205 yards and four TDs. He’s averaging 13.7 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt.
- Quez Watkins has put up 340 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 31 catches on 45 targets. He’s averaging 2.1 receptions and 22.7 yards per game.
- On defense, T.J. Edwards has 2.0 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL and 138 tackles in 2022.
- Haason Reddick has 42 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 14.0 sacks so far this season.
- Josh Sweat has totaled 46 tackles, 14.0 TFL, 11.0 sacks, and one interception so far this year.
- So far this season, Javon Hargrave has 50 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 10.0 sacks.
- Through 12 games played this year, Andy Dalton has totaled 2,495 passing yards, with 17 touchdowns against eight interceptions and completing 66.2% of his passes.
- Taysom Hill has put together a 2022 campaign that includes seven catches for 66 yards and two receiving touchdowns over 14 games played. He has been on the receiving end of 11 targets and is averaging 0.5 receptions per game.
- So far this season, Juwan Johnson has caught 36 passes for 425 receiving yards with seven touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 57 total times and is averaging 2.6 receptions per game in 14 games played.
- Eno Benjamin averages 23.1 rushing yards per game over 13 games (300 total yards), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Benjamin has also caught 24 passes for 184 yards (seventh on the Saints). He’s been targeted 33 times and averages 14.2 yards per game.
- In 2022, Demario Davis has 7.0 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL, 96 tackles, and one interception over 15 games.
- Tyrann Mathieu’s stats include two interceptions as well as 81 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and seven passes defended.
- Kaden Elliss has 5.5 sacks (second on the Saints) in addition to his 5.0 TFL and 67 tackles.
- Cameron Jordan has 54 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
Eagles vs. Saints Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Eagles, and we predict that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Saints
You can bet on Eagles vs. Saints at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Saints picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.