On Sunday, September 11, 2022, the Detroit Lions (0-0) meet the Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) at Ford Field.
Eagles vs. Lions Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -215 odds to pick up the win, while the Lions are listed at +185 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 48.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Lions Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
- The Eagles’ average points scored last season (26.1) and the Lions’ average points allowed (27.5) were within 1.4 points of each other.
- Philadelphia was 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team scored more than 27.5 points.
- The Lions’ defense surrendered 379.8 yards per game last season, just 19.9 yards more than the 359.9 the Eagles’ offense averaged. The Eagles picked up 5.7 yards per play, while the Lions allowed 5.9.
- Philadelphia was 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when the team picked up more than 379.8 yards last season.
- The Eagles averaged 159.7 yards on the ground last year, 24.6 yards more than the Lions allowed to opposing rushing attacks (135.1).
- Philadelphia had a 6-4 ATS record and a 6-4 overall record when the team rushed for more than 135.1 yards last year.
- The Lions averaged 3.5 fewer points per game last year (19.1) than the Eagles conceded (22.6).
- Detroit was 4-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall last season when the team put up more than 22.6 points.
- The Lions’ offense gained 322.4 yards per game last season, within 6.4 yards of the 328.8 the Eagles’ defense allowed. The Lions picked up 5.2 yards per play and the Eagles gave up 5.2.
- When Detroit churned out over 328.8 yards last year, the team was 6-3 against the spread and 3-6 overall.
- The Eagles allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 107.9 yards per game last year, compared to the 110.9 yards the Lions picked up on the ground.
- When Detroit ran for more than 107.9 yards last year it had a 7-2 ATS record and a 1-7 overall record.
Eagles vs. Lions Injury Report
Eagles: No Injuries Listed
Lions: No Injuries Listed
Eagles vs. Lions Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Eagles were 9-8-0 last season.
- As 5-point favorites or more, the Eagles went 3-1 against the spread last year.
- Philadelphia won seven of the eight games it was the moneyline favorite last season (87.5%).
- Philadelphia won all three games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -215 or shorter.
- There were 10 Eagles games (out of 17) that hit the over last year.
Lions Betting Insights
- The Lions beat the spread 11 times in 17 games last year.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 5 points or more, the Lions went 9-3 last season.
- Detroit won three, or 17.6%, of the 17 games it played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, Detroit won two of its 12 games, or 16.7%, when it was the underdog by at least +185 on the moneyline.
- The Lions had seven of its 17 games hit the over last season.
Eagles vs. Lions Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.9||46.8||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||25.9||26.4||25.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-1||3-0||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||0-4||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||45.6||46.8||44.6|
|Implied Total AVG||26.9||26.6||27.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-13-1||3-5||0-8-1|
Players to Watch
- In 15 games played last year, Jalen Hurts racked up 3,144 passing yards, with 16 touchdowns against nine interceptions and completing 61.3% of his attempts.
- On the ground, Hurts added 10 rushing touchdowns and 784 rushing yards.
- Devonta Smith had 916 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 64 receptions, while being targeted 104 times.
- A.J. Brown recorded 869 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 63 receptions while being targeted 105 times last season while playing with the Titans.
- Dallas Goedert had 56 catches for 830 yards and four receiving touchdowns. He averaged 3.7 yards per game over 15 games and was targeted 76 times.
- Kyzir White put up 1.0 sack to go with 7.0 TFL, 144 tackles, and two interceptions over 17 games for the Chargers in 2021.
- For the Panthers last season, Haason Reddick had 11.0 sacks to go with 11.0 TFL and 67 tackles.
- T.J. Edwards recorded 1.0 sack as well as 5.0 TFL, 130 tackles, and one interception in the 2021 campaign.
- Javon Hargrave’s stat sheet included 62 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 7.5 sacks, and one pass defended in 16 games
- In addition to his 3,245 passing yards and 67.2% completion percentage last season, Jared Goff connected on 19 touchdowns against eight interceptions.
- D’Andre Swift racked up 617 rushing yards (4.1 yards per carry) and five TDs.
- Swift had 62 catches (4.8 per game) for 452 yards (34.8 per game) and two TDs.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown was an integral piece of the passing attack last year, accumulating 90 receptions for 912 yards and five touchdowns.
- Jamaal Williams amassed 601 yards on the ground (46.2 per game) with three touchdowns in 13 games.
- Williams compiled 26 catches on 28 targets for 157 yards and zero touchdowns as a receiver.
- Tracy Walker hit the gridiron for 15 games, amassing 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL, 108 tackles, and one interception.
- With 65 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 7.5 sacks in 17 games, Charles Harris was a significant player on defense last season.
- Will Harris totaled 93 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and four passes defended in 17 games.
- Amani Oruwariye was a significant contributor on D last season, with six interceptions to go with 56 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended.
Eagles vs. Lions Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Eagles, and we predict that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Lions
You can bet on Eagles vs. Lions at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Lions picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.