An NFC East clash between the Philadelphia Eagles (13-3) and New York Giants (9-6-1) is slated for Sunday, January 8, 2023 at Lincoln Financial Field.
Eagles vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 15.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -1400 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +850 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
The Eagles have been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking third-best in total offense (392.0 yards per game) and best in total defense (302.4 yards allowed per game). On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best in the NFL by compiling 28.4 points per game. They rank eighth on defense (20.5 points allowed per game).
The Eagles rank ninth in passing yards this year (243.6 per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 181.2 passing yards allowed per game. The Eagles own the 18th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (121.3 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking fifth-best with 148.4 rushing yards per game.
The Eagles rank 17th in third-down defense this season (39.2% third-down percentage allowed), but they’ve been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 46.6% third-down conversion rate. The Eagles have been making things happen on both sides of the ball in terms of yards per play this season, as they rank fourth-best in offensive yards per play (6.0) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.8). The Eagles have forced 27 total turnovers (second in NFL) this season and have turned it over 18 times (seventh in NFL) for a turnover margin of +9, the second-best in the NFL.
The Giants rank 17th with 337.0 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 24th with 359.2 total yards allowed per contest on defense. With 21.8 points per game on offense, the Giants rank 15th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 16th, allowing 21.8 points per contest.
The Giants are putting up 187.6 passing yards per game on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 214.4 passing yards per game (15th-ranked) on defense. While the Giants’ run defense has had trouble stopping opposing offenses, ranking fifth-worst by surrendering 144.8 rushing yards per game, their offense is the fourth-best at 149.4 rushing yards per contest.
The Giants rank 21st in the NFL with a 37.4% third-down conversion percentage, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks fourth-best by allowing a 35.1% third-down rate. From an offensive perspective, the Giants are accumulating 5.3 yards per play (17th-ranked). They rank 24th in the NFL defensively (5.7 yards allowed per play). The Giants have a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 13th in the NFL.
Eagles vs. Giants Injury Report
Eagles vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have registered an 8-8-0 record against the spread this season.
Eagles games have gone over the total 10 times this season. The Eagles finished 7-1 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 87.5% of those games).
The Eagles did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -1400 or shorter.
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have put together a record of 12-4-0 against the spread this season.
Giants games have gone over the total seven times this year. The Giants have won six, or 54.5%, of the 11 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Giants have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +850.
Eagles vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.6||44.3||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||26.4||25.5||27.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||13-2||6-2||7-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.8||41.7||44.1|
|Implied Total AVG||23.6||22.7||24.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||3-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-4-1||2-1-1||4-3|
Players to Watch
- A.J. Brown’s 1,401 receiving yards this season (fourth in the NFL) have come from 84 receptions on 136 targets. He’s averaging 5.3 catches and 87.6 yards per game, with 11 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- Miles Sanders has recorded 1,236 rushing yards (fifth in the NFL) with 11 touchdowns (77.3 yards per game over 16 games). His 5.0 yards per attempt rank ninth in the league.
- In the passing attack, DeVonta Smith, has contributed with 1,129 receiving yards (ninth in the NFL) and seven touchdowns after catching 88 balls on 128 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 70.6 yards and 5.5 receptions in 16 games.
- Dallas Goedert has racked up 656 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 49 catches on 61 targets. He is averaging 4.5 receptions and 59.6 yards per game.
- On the defensive side for the Eagles, T.J. Edwards has racked up 149 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in 2022.
- Haason Reddick has 47 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 16.0 sacks so far this season.
- Javon Hargrave has put up 58 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 11.0 sacks this year.
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson has 1.0 sack to go with 4.0 TFL, 60 tackles, and six interceptions on the year.
- Daniel Jones is averaging 6.8 passing yards per attempt (23rd in the NFL) and 200.3 yards per game this year, completing 67.2% of his passes on the way to 3,205 total yards, 15 touchdowns and five interceptions through 16 games.
- He’s added 708 yards on the ground (second on the Giants), with seven rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 44.3 yards per game and 5.9 per attempt.
- Saquon Barkley has 1,312 rushing yards (leading the Giants and fourth in the NFL) and 10 rushing touchdowns, while averaging 82.0 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (26th in the NFL).
- Barkley has also collected 338 receiving yards (21.1 per game) on 57 catches (3.6 per game). He’s been targeted 76 times and is still looking for his first receiving touchdown.
- Through 15 games played this season, Darius Slayton has 46 catches (3.1 receptions per game on 4.7 targets per game) for 724 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Richie James Jr. has 57 catches for 569 yards and four receiving touchdowns. He averages 3.6 yards per game in 16 games and has been targeted 71 times.
- In 2022, Julian Love has put up 114 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions through 16 games.
- Dexter Lawrence has 68 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 7.5 sacks. He is third on the Giants in tackles.
- Kayvon Thibodeaux has 48 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks in the 2022 season.
- Jaylon Smith’s season stats include 89 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in 13 games. He is second on the Giants in tackles.
Eagles vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Eagles, and we expect that Giants will cover the spread (Eagles -15.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Giants
You can bet on Eagles vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.