On Sunday, November 5, 2023, the Dallas Cowboys (5-2) hit the road for an NFC East battle against the Philadelphia Eagles (7-1) at Lincoln Financial Field.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -170 odds to pick up the win, while the Cowboys are listed at +142 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 46.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Cowboys Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best in the NFL by totaling 387.4 yards per game. They rank eighth on defense (313 yards allowed per game). The Eagles have the 19th-ranked defense this year (21.5 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking third-best with 28 points per game.
The Eagles are averaging 255.1 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 26th, surrendering 247.5 passing yards per game. Defensively, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking best by giving up just 65.5 per game. They rank seventh on offense (132.3 rushing yards per game).
On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking best in the NFL by putting up a 50% third-down conversion rate. They rank 25th on defense (43% third-down conversion rate allowed). The Eagles are allowing 5.2 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (15th in the NFL), while gaining 5.6 per play (seventh in the league) on offense this season. With 10 forced turnovers (16th in NFL) against 13 turnovers committed (23rd in NFL), the Eagles (-3) own the 23rd-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The Cowboys’ defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 287.4 total yards surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, they are generating 338 total yards per game, which ranks 15th. The Cowboys have dominated on both offense and defense this season, ranking second-best in points per game (28.1) and fourth-best in points surrendered per game (17.1).
The Cowboys rank 16th in the NFL with 220.9 passing yards per contest, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks fourth-best by giving up just 178.6 passing yards per contest. The Cowboys are compiling 117.1 rushing yards per game on offense this season (11th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 108.9 rushing yards per contest (17th-ranked) on defense.
The Cowboys’ third-down offense has been consistently moving the chains, posting a 48% third-down conversion rate (third-best) this season. On defense, they rank seventh by allowing a 34.5% third-down rate. From an offensive perspective, the Cowboys are posting 5.2 yards per play (14th-ranked). They rank ninth in the NFL on defense (5 yards given up per play). The Cowboys sport a top-five turnover margin this season, ranking fourth-best at +6.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Injury Report
|Derek Barnett||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Moro Ojomo||DT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Tanner McKee||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Trey Lance||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Noah Igbinoghene||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Eric Scott Jr.||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jalen Brooks||WR||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Viliami Fehoko||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Deuce Vaughn||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
Eagles vs. Cowboys Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles are 4-2-2 against the spread this season. In games they were favored in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Eagles went 4-2-2 against the spread.
Eagles games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season.
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys have put together a 5-2-0 record against the spread this year. The Cowboys have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 3-point underdogs (0-1).
Cowboys games have gone over the total four times this season. The Cowboys lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
The Cowboys have played as an underdog of +142 or more once this season and lost that game.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.1||48.2||44.8|
|Implied Team Total AVG||26||27.3||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-1||3-0||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.1||42||45.8|
|Implied Team Total AVG||25.3||25||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-1||3-0||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts ranks seventh in the NFL with 2,140 passing yards through eight games this year, averaging 267.5 per game with a 68.4% completion percentage and 13 touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) against eight interceptions.
- In addition to his passing stats, Hurts has 280 rushing yards (second on the Eagles), with six rushing touchdowns.
- A.J. Brown’s 939 receiving yards this season (second in the NFL) have come from 83 targets and 60 receptions (fourth in the NFL). He’s averaging 117.4 receiving yards and 7.5 catches per game, with five receiving touchdowns (sixth in the NFL).
- D’Andre Swift has 571 rushing yards (fifth in the NFL) with three touchdowns (71.4 yards per game through eight games).
- Swift has picked up 28 catches, 135 yards and one TD in the passing game.
- DeVonta Smith has 482 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 39 catches on 57 targets. He is averaging 4.9 receptions and 60.3 yards per game.
- On defense, Josh Sweat has 20 tackles, five TFL, and 5.5 sacks in 2023.
- Reed Blankenship has picked off two pases (10th in the NFL) and added 46 tackles, two TFL, and eight passes defended.
- Haason Reddick has collected 17 tackles, seven TFL, and 6.5 sacks this year.
- So far this season, Nicholas Morrow has 28 tackles, eight TFL, and three sacks. He’s fifth on the Eagles in tackles.
- Dak Prescott is averaging 7.4 passing yards per attempt (ninth in the NFL) and 233.9 yards per game this year, completing 71% of his passes on the way to 1,637 total yards, 10 touchdowns and five interceptions through seven games.
- He’s added 104 yards on the ground (third on the Cowboys), while scoring one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 14.9 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt.
- CeeDee Lamb has put together a 2023 campaign that includes 46 catches for 633 yards (ninth in the NFL) and three receiving touchdowns through seven games played. He has been on the receiving end of 56 targets and is averaging 6.6 receptions per game.
- Tony Pollard is averaging 60.4 rushing yards per game this season (423 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- Pollard’s statistic output includes 26 receptions (3.7 per game) on 30 targets for 178 yards (25.4 per game), but he has not scored a touchdown in the passing game.
- Jake Ferguson has 25 catches for 237 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 3.6 yards per game through seven games and has been targeted 33 times.
- Daron Bland has intercepted four passes to go with 28 tackles, one TFL, and nine passes defended in 2023. He’s second in the league in interceptions.
- Micah Parsons has registered six sacks in addition to his nine TFL and 22 tackles through seven games.
- Jayron Kearse has 32 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one interception in the 2023 season. He is third on the Cowboys in tackles.
- Osa Odighizuwa has 24 tackles, five TFL, and three sacks.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Cowboys, and we predict that Cowboys will cover the spread (Eagles -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 46.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Cowboys
You can bet this Eagles vs. Cowboys pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Cowboys picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.