After winning five straight, the Philadelphia Eagles (5-0) will attempt to stay hot on October 16, 2022 at Lincoln Financial Field against the Dallas Cowboys (4-1), who have won four consecutive games.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -260 odds to pick up the win, while the Cowboys are listed at +220 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Cowboys Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
The Eagles have been a tough matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both total offense (second-best with 419.8 yards per game) and total defense (fourth-best with 294.4 yards allowed per game) this year. The Eagles rank seventh in scoring defense this season (17.6 points allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 27.0 points per game.
On offense, the Eagles rank seventh in the NFL with 259.8 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank sixth in passing yards allowed per contest (189.4). Offensively, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by compiling 160.0 per game. They rank 10th on defense (105.0 rushing yards allowed per game).
On offense, the Eagles rank sixth in the NFL with a 43.8% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 25th in third-down conversion rate allowed (45.3%). The Eagles are gaining 5.9 yards per play on offense (seventh in the league), while sporting the third-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.7) this season. The Eagles have the best turnover margin in the NFL at +9, forcing 11 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over two times (first in NFL).
The Cowboys are posting 298.0 total yards per contest on offense this season (27th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 311.4 total yards per game (seventh-ranked). The Cowboys rank 24th in the NFL with 18.6 points per game, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks third-best by giving up only 14.4 points per game.
With 182.2 passing yards per game on offense, the Cowboys rank 27th in the NFL. On defense, they rank eighth, surrendering 193.8 passing yards per game. In terms of rushing, the Cowboys rank 15th in the NFL on offense (115.8 rushing yards per game) and 18th defensively (117.6 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Cowboys rank fourth-worst in third-down conversion percentage (30.9%), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 10th in the NFL with a 33.8% third-down rate allowed. The Cowboys have been thriving on defense in terms of yards per play, surrendering just 4.7 (third-best). On offense, they rank 23rd in the NFL by posting 5.1 yards per play. The Cowboys have compiled seven forced turnovers this season and have turned the ball over two times, leading to a +5 turnover margin, which ranks second-best in the NFL.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Injury Report
Eagles vs. Cowboys Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have covered the spread three times in five games with a set spread. The Eagles are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
Games involving the Eagles have hit the over twice this season. The Eagles finished 6-1 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 85.7% of those games).
The Eagles played as a moneyline favorite of -260 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys are 4-1-0 against the spread this season. The Cowboys are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
Cowboys games have gone over the total once this year. This season, the Cowboys have won three out of the four games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Cowboys have played as an underdog of +220 or more once this season and won that game.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.6||46.5||48.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||25.5||27.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-0||2-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||42.6||44.3||40.0|
|Implied Total AVG||22.8||24.3||20.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-1||1-1||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts has 1,359 passing yards (seventh in the NFL), four touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He has completed 67.9% of his passes, averaging 271.8 yards per game and 8.5 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 266 yards (second on the Eagles) and added six touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 53.2 rushing yards per game.
- Miles Sanders‘ rushing statline this season includes 414 yards (fourth in the NFL) and three TDs. He’s averaging 82.8 yards per game and 4.8 per attempt (21st in the NFL).
- In the passing game, A.J. Brown, has contributed with 436 receiving yards (fifth in the NFL) and one touchdown after catching 28 balls on 45 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 87.2 yards and 5.6 receptions in five games.
- Devonta Smith has 28 receptions for 353 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 38 times in the air attack, and averages 5.6 receptions and 70.6 yards in five games played.
- On defense for the Eagles, T.J. Edwards has racked up 41 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in 2022.
- Haason Reddick has 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks this season.
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson has recorded 27 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- This season, Brandon Graham has 14 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks.
- In five games played this year, Cooper Rush has amassed 839 passing yards, with four touchdowns against zero interceptions and completing 61.0% of his attempts.
- CeeDee Lamb has 341 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 28 receptions, while being targeted 50 times.
- This season through five games, Tony Pollard has racked up 248 rushing yards (second on the Cowboys) and scored two rushing touchdowns. He averages 49.6 yards per game and 5.6 per attempt (ninth in the NFL).
- In addition to his rushing stats, Pollard has hauled in seven passes (on 13 targets) for 71 yards (fourth on the Cowboys). He averages 14.2 yards per game.
- Ezekiel Elliott averages 61.0 rushing yards per game over five games (305 total yards), with one rushing touchdown.
- Micah Parsons has 19 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks in 2022.
- Donovan Wilson has registered 1.0 sack in addition to his 2.0 TFL, 39 tackles, and one interception over five games.
- Demarcus Lawrence has 20 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in the 2022 season.
- Dorance Armstrong Jr. has 4.0 sacks (second on the Cowboys and 10th in the NFL) as well as 3.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
Eagles vs. Cowboys Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Eagles, and we expect that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Cowboys
You can bet on Eagles vs. Cowboys at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Cowboys picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.