As they aim to build on a five-game winning streak, the Philadelphia Eagles (13-1) visit the Dallas Cowboys (10-4) at AT&T Stadium on Saturday, December 24, 2022.
Cowboys vs. Eagles Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Cowboys as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cowboys have -225 odds to pick up the win, while the Eagles are listed at +190 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 47.5 points.
How to Watch Cowboys vs. Eagles Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
The Cowboys are compiling 362.3 yards per game on offense, which ranks them ninth in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank eighth, giving up 324.6 yards per game. Offensively, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best in the NFL by compiling 28.1 points per game. They rank seventh on defense (19.2 points allowed per game).
The Cowboys rank 17th in passing yards this year (217.1 per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 191.6 passing yards allowed per game. The Cowboys are putting up 145.1 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. On defense, they rank 24th, allowing 133.1 rushing yards per contest.
On the offensive side of the ball, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by putting up a 45.9% third-down percentage. They rank eighth on defense (36.9% third-down conversion rate allowed). The Cowboys are allowing 5.0 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (sixth in the NFL), while accumulating 5.6 per play (11th in the league) on offense this season. The Cowboys own the second-best turnover margin in the NFL at +9, forcing 26 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over 17 times (13th in NFL).
Things have been positive for the Eagles on both offense and defense, as they are compiling 394.1 total yards per game (third-best) and ceding just 293.4 total yards per game (second-best). The Eagles’ offense has been dominant, putting up 29.4 points per contest (second-best) this season. Defensively, they rank sixth by allowing 19.1 points per game.
The Eagles rank 11th in the NFL with 235.5 passing yards per contest, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks best by surrendering just 172.3 passing yards per game. The Eagles’ run defense ranks 19th in the NFL with 121.1 rushing yards allowed per game, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks fourth-best by putting up 158.6 rushing yards per contest.
The Eagles’ third-down offense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with a 47.3% third-down conversion percentage. In terms of defense, they are ceding a 37.6% third-down rate, which ranks ninth. In terms of yards per play, the Eagles have dominated on both offense and defense this season — fourth-best in yards per play (5.9) and best in yards allowed per play (4.7). Regarding turnover margin, the Eagles are the best in the NFL this season. Their margin comes in at +12, as they’ve forced 25 turnovers and committed 13.
Cowboys vs. Eagles Injury Report
|Leighton Vander Esch||LB||Neck||Out|
|Dorance Armstrong Jr.||DE||Knee||Questionable|
Cowboys vs. Eagles Betting Analysis
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys have registered an 8-6-0 record against the spread this season. In games they were favored in by 5 points or more so far this season, the Cowboys went 3-2 against the spread.
Games involving the Cowboys have hit the over eight times this season. The Cowboys won 10 of the 13 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (76.9%).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -225 or shorter, the Cowboys had a record of 7-3 (70%).
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have covered the spread eight times in 14 games with a set spread.
Eagles games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times this year. The Eagles have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
The Eagles have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +190 odds on them winning this game.
Cowboys vs. Eagles Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.6||45.1||43.9|
|Implied Total AVG||25.4||26.8||23.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-2||6-0||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||45.7||44.6||46.8|
|Implied Total AVG||26.6||25.9||27.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||13-1||6-1||7-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Tony Pollard has racked up 969 rushing yards (eighth in the NFL) with nine touchdowns (69.2 yards per game through 14 games). His 5.5 yards per attempt rank sixth in the NFL.
- Pollard has 46 targets, 33 receptions, 310 receiving yards and three TDs through the air.
- CeeDee Lamb has caught 81 passes (ninth in the NFL) on 124 targets for 1,087 total yards (eighth in the NFL) and six touchdowns. He is averaging 5.8 catches and 77.6 yards per game in 14 games.
- Dak Prescott has 2,103 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions this year. He has completed 68.0% of his passes, averaging 233.7 yards per game and 7.5 per attempt.
- He has added 114 rushing yards (12.7 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- In the ground game, Ezekiel Elliott averages 4.1 yards per attempt (31st in the NFL) and 64.5 yards per game for 774 total rushing yards. He has scored 10 rushing touchdowns this season.
- Over on defense, Donovan Wilson has 84 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and one interception in 2022.
- Trevon Diggs has intercepted three pases and has added 56 tackles and 13 passes defended.
- Malik Hooker has put up 49 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions this year.
- Dante Fowler Jr. has 25 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
- This year through 14 games, Miles Sanders has churned out 1,110 rushing yards (leading the Eagles and fifth in the NFL) and scored 11 rushing touchdowns. He averages 79.3 yards per game and 5.2 per attempt (seventh in the NFL).
- A.J. Brown has put together a 2022 campaign that includes 74 catches for 1,201 yards (fifth in the NFL) and 10 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL) through 14 games played. He has been on the receiving end of 119 targets and is averaging 5.3 receptions per game.
- DeVonta Smith has registered 901 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 71 receptions, while being targeted 103 times this season.
- Dallas Goedert has 544 receiving yards and three touchdowns from 43 receptions after getting 52 targets.
- T.J. Edwards’ 2022 effort includes 124 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in 14 games. He leads the Eagles and is eighth in the NFL in tackles.
- Haason Reddick has 38 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 12.0 sacks, and three passes defended.
- Josh Sweat has 9.5 sacks (third on the Eagles) in addition to his 13.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Javon Hargrave has 10.0 sacks (second on the Eagles) to go with 9.0 TFL and 49 tackles over 14 games.
Cowboys vs. Eagles Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Cowboys, and we predict that Eagles will cover the spread (Cowboys -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 47.5 points.
How to Bet on Cowboys vs. Eagles
You can bet on Cowboys vs. Eagles at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cowboys vs. Eagles picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.